[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

4 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I did try deeper water for shore and that didn't work. Had to force complete the contract.

Sorry, so what is it about it that doesn't work?  Is it that you're getting asked to do it on land and the experiment can only be done in water?

Just now, nightingale said:

Sorry, so what is it about it that doesn't work?  Is it that you're getting asked to do it on land and the experiment can only be done in water?

It's like the contract isn't sensing that I got the data or recovered it.

11 hours ago, smjjames said:

It's like the contract isn't sensing that I got the data or recovered it.

Took a quick look, but don't have time to dig deep, so couldn't find what I need in the Otter's download files.  What is the experiment, what part is it on?  What are the non-stock restrictions on the experiment (where can it be run, where can it not be run)?  What's the contract that you received look like?

20 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Took a quick look, but don't have time to dig deep, so couldn't find what I need in the Otter's download files.  What is the experiment, what part is it on?  What are the non-stock restrictions on the experiment (where can it be run, where can it not be run)?  What's the contract that you received look like?

Actually, my mistake and apologies for sending you in the wrong direction, it's actually a DMagic Orbital Science instrument, not in the Otter submersible mod. There is a sample net part in the 'otter' mod, but that isn't used for any contracts.

The experiment is called bathymetry and it's using the part of the same name (it's inside the RoverScience file inside DMOS). Not sure if the restrictions are non-stock, but as you can probably infer, it can only be used underwater, the instrument itself has to be submerged. The contract, um, I forget exactly atm, but it was the 'biome study of Kerbins shores' one.

The contract had the required situation correct. Also, there's two types of bathymetry experiments you can get, shallow water and deep water, that might cause the contract to be confused.

Edited by smjjames

4 hours ago, smjjames said:

Actually, my mistake and apologies for sending you in the wrong direction, it's actually a DMagic Orbital Science instrument, not in the Otter submersible mod. There is a sample net part in the 'otter' mod, but that isn't used for any contracts.

The experiment is called bathymetry and it's using the part of the same name (it's inside the RoverScience file inside DMOS). Not sure if the restrictions are non-stock, but as you can probably infer, it can only be used underwater, the instrument itself has to be submerged. The contract, um, I forget exactly atm, but it was the 'biome study of Kerbins shores' one.

The contract had the required situation correct. Also, there's two types of bathymetry experiments you can get, shallow water and deep water, that might cause the contract to be confused.

Got it, it was the fix for the Flats/Greater Flats that was breaking it.  Fixed for next release (of Contract Configurator).

49 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

This isn't exactly your problem, but apparently you can't do science at the LV1 astronaut complex without getting up high. This makes early field research contracts difficult.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/5298

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that one!  Not sure if there's much to be done here...  if it isn't fixed in 1.1 maybe I'll put a note/warning in the contract. Raised #16

9 hours ago, Spheniscine said:

You may want to ban the "Plant Growth" science point from the Planetary Base Systems mod - the greenhouse part is heavy and can be quite unwieldy for return missions.

Ah, but you don't need to return the greenhouse - you can put the experiements into any ScienceContainer (like a command pod) via EVA transfer and return it that way.

14 hours ago, nightingale said:

Fixed some issues in the Scientist contract as reported by @kcs123 - thanks!  Download here.

ContractPack-FieldResearch 1.1.6

• Prevent scientist contract from completing out of order (thanks kcs123).
  • Fix impossible to complete surface samples in Scientist contract (thanks kcs123).

You are welcome. I'm glad that some of my rantling on forum was usefull.

Hi I have a small question:

Do you have a source for the coordinates of those rare locations to splashdown on land? I'm trying to do this with stock KSP right now and its tedious. But I remember your pack used to generate waypoints for those locations. Is there a way to get those coordinates?

1 hour ago, maculator said:

Hi I have a small question:

Do you have a source for the coordinates of those rare locations to splashdown on land? I'm trying to do this with stock KSP right now and its tedious. But I remember your pack used to generate waypoints for those locations. Is there a way to get those coordinates?

Well, if you mean source like source code, then have a look here.

If you just want the coordinates that it generates, then search for BiomeTracker in your save file.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 1:48 PM, eberkain said:

56ca220a1d05f7.20248215.png

Solar Wind Spectromoter says that it cannot be performed in an atmosphere.    It comes from the surface experiment pack. 

I'm having this same issue. It's not just the Solar Wind Spectromoter. There are a few experiment in the pack that can't be done in atmos or without atmos. The contracts don't seem to mind assigning them to impossible biomes however.

So far, I've seen them pop up in biome study, and experiments around KSC contracts, but I've only just started a fresh game.

Thanks a ton. Love the Mod! <3

Edited by riskyjubles

52 minutes ago, riskyjubles said:

I'm having this same issue. It's not just the Solar Wind Spectromoter. There are a few experiment in the pack that can't be done in atmos or without atmos. The contracts don't seem to mind assigning them to impossible biomes however.

So far, I've seen them pop up in biome study, and experiments around KSC contracts, but I've only just started a fresh game.

Thanks a ton. Love the Mod! <3

Hmmm...  that support was supposed to have been added in a recent version of Contract Configurator (1.9.7).  Can you confirm which version you're on?

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Hmmm...  that support was supposed to have been added in a recent version of Contract Configurator (1.9.7).  Can you confirm which version you're on?

I have not seen this problem in my most recent game, and I have done 5-6 of the perform science around KSC missions.   If only I could figure out how to remove them from [x] Science too, 

35 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I have not seen this problem in my most recent game, and I have done 5-6 of the perform science around KSC missions.   If only I could figure out how to remove them from [x] Science too, 

@Z-Key Aerospace has their own system for handling mod-science with special requirements - bring it up with him and he can probably fix it without too much trouble.

l9C9Pmv.jpg

The bug that once allowed multiple copies of the same contract to be take/completable at once, has somehow snuck in again. I believe this was addressed previously? Posting here and in field research, as I'm not sure if this, or that mod is the source.

Edit: both are at latest versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, many thanks for this mod. But i have one question to the follow mission:

Biom: Kerbin Grassland

Situation: Splashed down

experiment: crew; mystery goo; EVA

I was starting with a smal booster and jumpt on the grasland....

I have no idea what the system want´s from me. Splashed down means on the water. But i must do it on biom grasland.

What can i do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.