ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

I used a stock small. It seemed to fit with the illustration on the Nauka module. Stock mediums would likely be correct for S/P 4 and 6 trusses.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the trusses would still track and rotate if you replaced the solar arrays with stock gigantors or something from the Near Future Solar pack.

Kerbin was going the moment i launched the whole station.... guess it's not me....

I believe I know what it is: missing IVA for a module (I think)

wow so much posted since I was gone. let me catch up

- - - Updated - - -

it wont work past the point I have worked to. im up to S1/p1

I need to redo the configs as I go

- - - Updated - - -

please be patient guys

- - - Updated - - -

uploading a quick update now to stop crashing and remove solar errors and dock issues.

to github.

affecting folders:

ISS_Rassvet

ISS_Truss_S3_P3

- - - Updated - - -

updated the poisk decoupler attach node (inverted node direction)

- - - Updated - - -

basically I have to go through and align all the nodes with dock locations

Right now, the only thing I can think of is adding a stack node to the end of P/S6. In the construction sequence, it's the next piece after the Z1, atop which it temporarily resides until the truss is assembled.

It has a dock node there but no visible node. Not sure if it can dock without it.

Im sure rassvet caused the usiverse imploding. Should be better now.

Have models ELC1 to 4 ready. Surface attachable. Will need to find a use for them. Maybe science generation for now...

Where are at in terms of japanese launch vehicles? Any recomendations or is the outdated mod needed to be updated and used?

- - - Updated - - -

Good news: The universe no longer implodes, and I can successfully dock with station.... yay!

Ah thats satisfying to hear.

Keep the required fixes coming but keep it simple for now so I have an ordered list to work through.

Aldo can anyone test if destiny docks to node 1 without dock ports? From what I can see in the assembly diagram there should be direct connection without ports. Thats 2 less parts...

Same with top of z1 to s6/p6. Like how the trusses join.

Also the plan is to make the pma dock seperate from both ends in space and be relocated to dock elsewhere

Have models ELC1 to 4 ready. Surface attachable. Will need to find a use for them. Maybe science generation for now...

Where are at in terms of japanese launch vehicles? Any recomendations or is the outdated mod needed to be updated and used?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah thats satisfying to hear.

Keep the required fixes coming but keep it simple for now so I have an ordered list to work through.

Aldo can anyone test if destiny docks to node 1 without dock ports? From what I can see in the assembly diagram there should be direct connection without ports. Thats 2 less parts...

Same with top of z1 to s6/p6. Like how the trusses join.

Also the plan is to make the pma dock seperate from both ends in space and be relocated to dock elsewhere

NooneSpecial (I think that's his name) was working on a really good HII-B launcher, i'll see if I can find a link

EDIT: link here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104980-Coming-Soon-from-NOSTech

he's been away for a while now I believe, but all he had left was cfg balancing I think

I think there was an H-IIB mod out there. I know there is an H-II spacecraft somewhere. Yanfret uses it in CMES. It's one piece, though. And there isn't a version with the unpressurised cargo section

i just need to correct one thing... sorry, I'm kinda obsessed with the ISS.... anyway, there are in fact docking ports between Destiny and Node 1 (Unity).... well, they're berthing ports, but in KSP terms they are docking ports, they essentially do the same thing.... anyway, back to the point, there are in fact docking ports between those two modules...

Yeah, I use the CBM docking ports as the berthing ports.

In regards to P/S6, I'm talking about a configuration essentially identical to that at the end of the P/S4 truss segment, with a third node, so that a decoupler can be attached there. As it is right now, there are nodes for the solar panels, but no way of getting it into orbit in the right orientation to dock.

Also, Canadarm 2 won't operate on orbit, though it operated perfectly in the VAB. Maybe I'm missing something... Oh, wait. That's already been reported.

- - - Updated - - -

How to attach S0? to Destiny or to Z1?

Cant attach JEM in VAB is it not fixed yet? Canadaarms still dont work after launch...

I had to put docking ports (clamp-a-tron junior is what I used) on both parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when docking P/S1 to S0, you'll need to force a 90 degrees roll if using Mechjeb. -90 for S1, +90 for P1.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

Yeah, I use the CBM docking ports as the berthing ports.

In regards to P/S6, I'm talking about a configuration essentially identical to that at the end of the P/S4 truss segment, with a third node, so that a decoupler can be attached there. As it is right now, there are nodes for the solar panels, but no way of getting it into orbit in the right orientation to dock.

Also, Canadarm 2 won't operate on orbit, though it operated perfectly in the VAB. Maybe I'm missing something... Oh, wait. That's already been reported.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to put docking ports (clamp-a-tron junior is what I used) on both parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when docking P/S1 to S0, you'll need to force a 90 degrees roll if using Mechjeb. -90 for S1, +90 for P1.

S0 docks to destiny. Not connected to z1.

Thanks for the 90deg rotation info.

I will add dock to end of s6.

I have yet to look into canadarm. Alsi romfairer.

And these berthing ports... are they part of the modules themselves or seperate, and do they look different to the other dock port. I can model these in

- - - Updated - - -

How to attach S0? to Destiny or to Z1?

Cant attach JEM in VAB is it not fixed yet? Canadaarms still dont work after launch...

Awww jem wont attach. Hmm will fix tonight thanks.

Also deploy the connectors of s0 and attach destiny to s0 at the node. That is an invisible dock port. Not sure how you willl line it up for docking in space... maybe best guess at orientation and the magnet will grab it

I can tell you from experience that S0 will not dock to Destiny without adding ports to both pieces. No matter what I did, the two would not capture for love or money.

- - - Updated - - -

The "berthing ports" are the large CBM docking ports used on the US modules. In KSP, there's no difference between a docking port and berthing port.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, there are terrible gaps between the ports and Node 2 on the sides, as well as a gap between the CBM port and the cupola module. I suspect that's a positioning error, as they attach properly.

jem attach node fixed.

node and dock added to end of p6

node 2 attach ports for dock now closer

copola to cbm fixed.

looking into s0 to destiny docking now

- - - Updated - - -

argh!... I see why it wont dock.

incorrect dock port 'names'

not both called 'size1'.

now fixed

Well, there goes my savegame. Back to square one. :D

Thanks for the updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops! Looks like Node 2 had one bug removed and another one added. I think you need to turn the attachment nodes around (and they're completely missing at the top and bottom).

Not sure if this is an ISS issue or a Shuttle but everytime I get the Shuttle to dock with the station, the station and Shuttle begin oscillate gradually until the point where they'll rip each other apart. It happens when the shuttle docks with the PMA. Does this happen to anyone else and is this a known issue?

Check to see if you have sas on! Known issue for sas and modular...well...anything.

I do have SAS on so I guess that would be the issue. Its strange though because I have another space station and having SAS and the Shuttle docked doesn't cause this issue.

I do have SAS on so I guess that would be the issue. Its strange though because I have another space station and having SAS and the Shuttle docked doesn't cause this issue.

Hmmm. I have to try this. Your not entering the atmosphere are you? That would be tragic. Maybe the weight of the adjusting solar panels? Or offset mass.

Maybe speed of docking bumped it into a spin. No that wont increase speed.

Gotta be game physics being funny.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back in 0.9 with interstellar. I had 2 reactors joined in space, each with extended radiator panels. For some reason the reactors started twisting in opposite directions faster and faster not even time compression fixed it.

To fix it I put all radiator panels onto one reactor and no more oscillation.

What I can try is make the iss radiators and solar panels physicsless parts?

- - - Updated - - -

cool edit my packs

Hope im not causing offense by doing so. I have had requests to try to fix it for 1.0 as it was outdated.

Im not too experienced in this work but I want to to what I can to get it working for people to enjoy.

Its a beautifull mod and like to contribute however I can. Im happy I have dragon01 to help me out with it also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.