"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

So just a hunch here...

In the next chapter, Jeb et al manage somehow to save the whole planet, and his "punishment" is to be busted down to Majer. (And go back to flying missions.)

That would follow the Trek sequence pretty well, wouldn't it? But no, he's got a couple of ranks to go before he's in any danger of getting chained to a desk. Right now he's only a Looty Kernel and they fly all the time IRL.

Wonderful! Fantastic!

Loved the build up to the reveal.

I also got a very good laugh from Walt's quip. Thanks!

Happy landings!

ETA: And I'll definitely rep GregroxMun the next time I see him.

Edited by Starhawk

Stop calling me Shirl ... oh :D

Well, I think it is quite obvious where this is going. Like someone suggested some pages ago, Kerbfleet is ( unlike, say , NASA ) a military enterprise and the military decided to put some brakes on our hungry-for-funds and most definitely not a military Kerb Mortimer ... they still need a place to keep Jeb out of the Air Force, after all :D

P.S Just a question , though: why the navy? :D

Edited by r_rolo1

...and I'd like to invite the amazing GregroxMun to drop a post here explaining how he did it, so that everyone can rep the heck out of him for Admiral Shirley's awesome uniform! Thanks, Gregrox!

Explanation:

Step one: Take the blue "science" IVA suit out from my Multicolor Suits Pack.

Step two: Change it to a darker blue.

Step three: Use the copy/paste paintbrush to remove the flight suit greeble and straps (replacing it with the suit's own wrinkles).

Step four: Take the white leg area from the stock EVA suit and paste that on the bottom as well.

Step five: find a picture of Admiral Nelson.

Step six: Copy/paste the medals onto it. (+rep if you can tell me just what painting I got it from. [an actual link to the picture])

Step seven: Try over and over to get it to look right.

Step eight: Put in the white tie thing.

Step nine: Try and fail to add epaullete thingies.

Step dec: Take a female head texture, use the darken brush to add wrinkles.

Step el: Tweak the colors around until they look good.

Step doh: Make RCS pack and helmet for completion (Just in case she wants to oversee some admiraly things on a Starbase.)

Step dohone: Put the head and suit textures through the Online Normal Map Generator

Step dohtwo: Make a how-to list in base-12.

Step dohthree: ...

Step dohfour: Profit!

I think it turned out pretty great in the comic. :)

Of course, credit goes to Kuzzter for pasting in the cool hat.

And, you're quite welcome, Kuzzter. I really enjoyed her reveal. I was reading it, saw "shurley" and thought "wait... hold on..." and then I saw her silhouette and was like "aww yeah!"

Edited by GregroxMun

P.S Just a question , though: why the navy? :D

Because as we all know, space is an ocean.

Why, yes, she was. Check out this post.

Thank you for posting that reference, you're like the one-man Kerbfleet wiki :)

Come on I already want 35 million more pages! The comments to pages ratio is getting too onesided.

Hey, kerbs like to talk :) But if the comments are too much, you can always go through the Imgur albums I post in the OP.

Step six: Copy/paste the medals onto it. (+rep if you can tell me just what painting I got it from)

Not that my rep is measurable either (congrats!) but is it not from the painting I sent you? ;)

BTW I considered rotating her right arm into her body so she'd have the complete Lord Nelson look, but decided I did not necessarily want to wrestle with Animation Suite every time she appeared. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.