"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Bill finally gets a chance to show off his 'piloting' skills.

He's probably the best choice. He tends to be a bit more cautious than some of the others. :)

And, of course, he hasn't been into the 'hydrazine'.

Looking forward to the musical interlude.

Happy landings!

I have a feeling this is going to be very fun. Will some quick-saving and explosions be involved?

Always quicksaves, but you'll be pleased to know my F5 to F9 ratio was pretty favorable this time!

How was the drive in the rover rocket car?

Surprisingly easy. Slow going climbing the hills, as I had to stop to refuel every few kilometers, but not at all difficult. I had to reload just once, when I let the speed get above 40 m/s going down a steep hill...otherwise pretty uneventful. Took less than one sol to drive the full distance.

Nope, it has a passenger cabin too.

Yep: five seats in the M7, five Kerbals on the surface (Jeb, Dilsby, Bob, Bill, Tedus).

So, next episode will be a series of surface docking hijinks at the tune of Yakety Sax ? ;) Surface docking is one of the worst experiences in game IMHO, only surpassed by surface clawing and surface rovering with wheels ( and not landing gear ). It never seems to go right :D

That said, we need a animated gif of Tedus air guitar :D

8SAsSH0.png

Mduz6Tn.png

3TTndut.png

tpQDMTF.png

5AfQpyX.png

Yeah, it wasn't fun. Careful readers will note that it actually got dark on Eve between the time I started the surface dock and when I finally finished it. I chose not to show all the work, but at one point I did have to reset the ports in the .sfs because the M7's showed "docked" not "ready". Anyway--dock accomplished, and refueling has begun!

And now a request: I could use a couple of custom IVA suit textures to do the last chapter of this book, when the time comes. Interested party(ies) please contact my by PM. I know what I'm looking for in the suit designs and can provide prototype artwork for you to turn into Texture Replacer-ready suit files for me. Thanks in advance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.