[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

No Novapunch support? this brings shame upon your goat..jk.

seriously, though. this i s frickin cool, so I'll make an attempt at integrating NovaPunch. Given that I've only ever dabbled in C++ and a little bit of config file editing, this may be a time consuming and difficult process that I may end up abandoning.....BUT Imma try anyway...Wish me luck!

Edit: So I was playing around with adding plumes before I try to tackle NovaPunch and i managed to insert a few different plumes (one at a time) into the XE101 engine from the Instell mod and got each one working, so that's good, but module manager would generate a single error pointing to the compatibility config in the RealPlume-Stock Configs folder. The error doesn't seem to have any noticeable effects. Oh, and I guess you could say I cheated a bit with the plumes I made, but the configs i put into the Instell engine were pre-made ones for the stock squad engines that i just edited a little. Have to start somewhere when you're a coding noob!

Edited by roxedboxer
The voices told me to or they'd revoke my sock privileges...

Would it be possible to give SRB's a realistic burn out effect? Have you ever see the shuttle drop the boosters? They still flame for quite a while after, but instead of a concentrated flame, it looks more like a big campfire. I would love to see that in my game.

EDIT: Video says it better than I do.

Edited by Alshain

No Novapunch support? this brings shame upon your goat..jk.

Yea I brought this up when it first came out, surprised no one's come up with one since. I will be using a 1.25m Bearcat soon so I will at least work up a config for that when I get to it

Yup, I'm getting this displayed on loading screen & in log:

ModuleManager: 14999 patches applied, found 1 error

1 error related to GameData/RealPlume/RealPlume-Stock/Compatibility.cfg

I *think* it's from this:

[LOG 07:41:08.952] [ModuleManager] Error - Skipping a patch with unbalanced square brackets or a space (replace them with a '?') :
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]:BEFORE[RealPlume]

ok, thanks for the tip. i'll dig around and see if i can fix it on my install. my install also has a metric F*** load f mods, soo yeah..

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I brought this up when it first came out, surprised no one's come up with one since. I will be using a 1.25m Bearcat soon so I will at least work up a config for that when I get to it

Perhaps you and I can collaborate on NovaPunch Support?

- - - Updated - - -

[LOG 07:41:08.952] [ModuleManager] Error - Skipping a patch with unbalanced square brackets or a space (replace them with a '?') :
@PART

ok, question is, then: add or delete a bracket and where? edit: deleted the second open [ bracket and that seems to have gotten rid of the error message. Not sure of any other repercussions, though. anyone else find a different solution?

Edited by roxedboxer

ok, thanks for the tip. i'll dig around and see if i can fix it on my install. my install also has a metric F*** load f mods, soo yeah..

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you and I can collaborate on NovaPunch Support?

- - - Updated - - -

ok, question is, then: add or delete a bracket and where? edit: deleted the second open [ bracket and that seems to have gotten rid of the error message. Not sure of any other repercussions, though. anyone else find a different solution?

It should read:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]]:BEFORE[RealPlume]

Eh, Novapunch is bloated, and most of the engines have terrible tankbutt syndrome. You're welcome to configure it, but it's not high on my list for my own configs.

@PART

It should read:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]]:BEFORE[RealPlume]

Yep, my mistake. It's fixed in 0.8.1

Problem: I add a plume to an engine in novapunch and it is there in-game,but it's offset. i used smokescreen to offset it correctly and make some other tweaks, but when when I go back to the space center, then back again to the craft my changes aren't saved.. Am i being dumb or is it something else?

Problem: I add a plume to an engine in novapunch and it is there in-game,but it's offset. i used smokescreen to offset it correctly and make some other tweaks, but when when I go back to the space center, then back again to the craft my changes aren't saved.. Am i being dumb or is it something else?

You need to save it to the actual config file and restart KSP. Changing it in the smokescreen editor doesn't change it in the config file.

Felger are you matching the stock plumes with the stock models or off of Ven's still?

There should be patches for all the stock engines that adjust the plume if Ven's isn't installed, if some are still not matching up, let me know and I'll get around to fixing it. Eventually...

Submitted a Pull request for NovaPunch parts. Only 5 engines in it for now. Any constructive criticism or other comments? aand uh..how do i update it after i've made some new configs. Also, my install fro creating plumes is included in the repository. how do i just upload the specific files i need to? sorry..i know i'm blowing this thread up, but i'm an absolute novice, but really want to conntribute..

Edited by roxedboxer
l/jkvb,hjm ,vv.mchvj. m,g.,b m

Request for RealPlume configs:

Sounding Rockets

Mk4 Systems

Near Future Spacecraft Parts and NFP (you can do the latter later)

Well, if someone would help me with the issues I'm having, then I'd be more than happy to honor your request. I've gotten the hang of creating the configs..just not uploading them..Heck, I'll whip up those configs now! I use Mk4 and Near Future too.

Edit: Got yer configs.

Mk4 systems: Done

Sounding Rockets : Done

Near Future Propulsion : Done (with a few annoying exceptions)

Edited by roxedboxer
Configs for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!

Could you also make one for QuizTech Aero Pack while you're at it? Pretty please?

I'll make whatever the sekgjbes;gkb you guys want me to make, buuuuuuuuuut

1: I'm not sure how good my configs are in others' opinions (I only use the prefabs)

2: See my previous posts...

3: Your username made me chuckle.

4: I'm working on stuff more or less in the order requested, so it may be a while before I can even start on that pack because I only work on this stuff in my free time.

Edit: Grrr. I can't figure this Linear Aerospike out...but the twin turbo and nerva are done..

Edited by roxedboxer