[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

XVACZmc.png

Updatelog 0.2.6 (IMPORTANT) - "Advanced Ammo"

Lowered densities of all medium to large caliber ammo (via C.A.L++ 0.0.4).

Hid all NAS parts from the stock Utility part tab.

Rebalanced all heat data to make turrets some more destructible.

Added 5 new parts:

- British Army: STEN Mk. II Submachine Gun (equipping an EVA, requires KIS)

- Imperial Japanese Navy: Type 2 Mark 2 Model 1 Modify 2 Air Search Radar

- Royal Navy: Type 281 Early Warning Radar

- US Navy: Mark 14 Triple Mount Torpedo Tubes

- Miscellaneous: 9*19mm Parabellum Ammunition Backpack (equipping an EVA, requires KIS)

EDIT: Next update would be 0.3.0, which I've decided to call "Super Dreadnaught" at the beginning.

Edited by Acea

I'm having an issue with the new 9mm ammo pack. I have KIS and BD installed, but my load screen is freezing when it tries to load the ammo pack. It'll freeze for a few minutes, then the game just crashes. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix for it?

Torps?!?!?!? Thankyouthankyouthankyou....

*waits for CKAN to be fixed*

Also: For those of you wanting battery fire, you can hack in something that's kinda sorta like it, but not really: Set up an action group to "toggle" all the turrets you wish to engage for battery fire(by clicking on the turrets in Action Groups view) and you'll get all your battery guns firing at once. This works pretty well for ships with multiple different calibers of large guns. However, if you want, say, the trademark KROOM-KROOM-KROOM KROOM-KROOM-KROOM KROOM-KROOM-KROOM of an Iowa-class battleship, or even for this technique to work in guard mode, you'll have to bug BahamutoD about it. (Although, since naval warfare is about as niche as it comes, I'd suggest coding your own multiturret module at this point to allow stuff like that. If you use BahamutoD's code as a starting point, it should be fairly easy...)

Edited by Kagame

A quick fix to the issue that cause game stuck at loading scene.

[I][B]Changelog 0.2.6.1 (HOTFIX) - "Advanced Ammo"[/B][/I]
Fixed the issue that some players got stuck at 9mm ammo backpack.

[quote name='Acea']Log:

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/fNP0s59.jpg[/URL]
Preparing for the 0.3.0 update. It'll be a major one, and will include something you guys have waited for.[/QUOTE]
What....is.....THAT?

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It seems familiar....

Hi!

I started work on my mod at the end of last week, and I'm going to publish version 0.1 on Monday. I planned to use BDArmory until I suddenly stumbled upon your mod. Very impressive!

Here's my first battleship. It's a bit of a blend between the Missouri and the Bismarck.

[imgur]2mmAh[/imgur]

Deck guns not yet installed.
Length: 260m.
Beam: 28m.
Draft: to be determined after completion.
Height: 28m.
Tonnage at this time: 8000.
Fuel tanks: 228t.
Boilers: 4.
Electrical Generators: 4.
Turbines: 4.

Weaponry will be 4 38cm dual turrets, 40mm Bofors, radar, AA guns, forward and aft torpedo launchers.

This mod will make ships do what they're supposed to do when defeated. [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139625-WW2-Warships-0-1-They-really-sink?p=2306636#post2306636"]More info in my topic.[/URL]

I have but one request: can you move the CoM of your heavy guns down? I assume the mass of your 38cm turrets is accurate, it's just that the real ones had a lot of hardware down, many decks. I'm not sure I want to build a full 30,000 - 50,000 tonnes ship, I'm already at 8,000 tonnes with a nearly empty hull and 500+ parts. I changed the CoM of my large keel to be around 20 meters below but it somehow doesn't feel right if it's too far off.

Awesome work by the way!

[quote name='Azimech']I have but one request: can you move the CoM of your heavy guns down? I assume the mass of your 38cm turrets is accurate, it's just that the real ones had a lot of hardware down, many decks. I'm not sure I want to build a full 30,000 - 50,000 tonnes ship, I'm already at 8,000 tonnes with a nearly empty hull and 500+ parts. I changed the CoM of my large keel to be around 20 meters below but it somehow doesn't feel right if it's too far off.[/QUOTE]

I've seen your mod about 3 days ago and it looks cool. CoM of turrets, if I didn't get anything wrong, are already at the bottom. We've considered the situation of having to deal with lower deck structures, and I think with half the weight of real ship it will be all right.

Okay, I'll just upscale the mod to get the proper mass, so everyone can use the big ones. But it's really pushing the game engine, and I'm using ridiculous strength values or I get spontaneous RUD's and all. And I have to create new parts anyway to get the part count to acceptable levels.

By the way, do the guns have electrical requirements? My mod will have a micromanagement element because the main resource (steam) will be limited, in other words running at flank speed and the electrical generators at max will work for a limited amount of time. Also I'd like to think with a programmer about creating fires and damage control.

[quote name='Azimech']By the way, do the guns have electrical requirements? My mod will have a micromanagement element because the main resource (steam) will be limited, in other words running at flank speed and the electrical generators at max will work for a limited amount of time. Also I'd like to think with a programmer about creating fires and damage control.[/QUOTE]

I don't think BDA parts require electricity except the laser pod... That idea looks cool btw

[quote name='Azimech']Okay, I'll just upscale the mod to get the proper mass, so everyone can use the big ones. But it's really pushing the game engine, and I'm using ridiculous strength values or I get spontaneous RUD's and all. And I have to create new parts anyway to get the part count to acceptable levels.

By the way, do the guns have electrical requirements? My mod will have a micromanagement element because the main resource (steam) will be limited, in other words running at flank speed and the electrical generators at max will work for a limited amount of time. Also I'd like to think with a programmer about creating fires and damage control.[/QUOTE]
For damage control.....could it (for fires) possibly be toggle-able radiators, that dissipate a LOT of heat in a short amount of time, but take resources to do it (water, electricity, ect.)

No, I've got a different solution. You can create rocket engines which have an exhaust blast with a negative heat value, to simulate a fire hose and have the appropriate fx to go with it. This way the enemy sees it when you're trying to put out a fire.

[quote name='Azimech']No, I've got a different solution. You can create rocket engines which have an exhaust blast with a negative heat value, to simulate a fire hose and have the appropriate fx to go with it. This way the enemy sees it when you're trying to put out a fire.[/QUOTE]
How would you point them?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.