[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

2 hours ago, CaptainAl said:

@Acea just wondering, your mod broke my CAL ammo box and KAX propeller animations. I'm not having a go, just wondering if anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or if there is a solution.

Download the latest Firespitter plugin compatible with your KSP installation, and overwrite the existing one

4 hours ago, Acea said:

Download the latest Firespitter plugin compatible with your KSP installation, and overwrite the existing one

I did that this morning as my KAX was playing up, it fixed but then I downloaded this and...

Just wondering if anything in the mod might have overwrote the plugin?

48 minutes ago, CaptainAl said:

I did that this morning as my KAX was playing up, it fixed but then I downloaded this and...

Just wondering if anything in the mod might have overwrote the plugin?

Yes the NAS release contains an up-to-date Firespitter plugin (currently for 1.1.3)

Edited by Acea

My game seems to crash when adding this mod, I will provide a list of mods if wanted.

EDIT: nevermind, managed to fix it. the CAL version provided caused me to crash, you should look into that.

EDIT2: Nevermind again, as soon as I enter SPH the game crashes.

Edited by ItsJebK

Hey guys, great work so far. I've been on again/off again on the forums here, and while the general consensus seems to be waiting for 1.2 to drop, I'm thinking of throwing out a few ideas for new guns. Specifically, the 3"/50 caliber Mk. 27/33/34 AA guns. More details here. If it doesn't fit, that's cool. If you decide it does fit and make it, that'd be awesome.

Stay groovy gents.

On 2016/10/1 at 2:22 AM, ItsJebK said:

My game seems to crash when adding this mod, I will provide a list of mods if wanted.

Try x64 game and see if it happens again

15 hours ago, tacopollo2 said:

Started playing around with this a few days ago

Decided to mess around with the CFG, maybe a 1000 RPM Iowa turret would be fun, I said.

Started up the game and nothing changed, besides RPM. Any reason why and how I can fix it?

I don't know since I never do such modifications, maybe due to the fact that this is faster than firing animation, remove or quote it and see if it'll work

1 hour ago, Thatdude253 said:

Hey guys, great work so far. I've been on again/off again on the forums here, and while the general consensus seems to be waiting for 1.2 to drop, I'm thinking of throwing out a few ideas for new guns. Specifically, the 3"/50 caliber Mk. 27/33/34 AA guns. More details here. If it doesn't fit, that's cool. If you decide it does fit and make it, that'd be awesome.

We talked about this gun half a year ago, when I suggested to make this, and our modelers estimated number of polygons then we were afraid that this gun would cause a serious lag in game.

So at last we decided to make a single mount instead, sorry :P

Edited by Acea

Well I tried minimizing the RPM (240) and disabling the firing animation but it still didn't work. Meh. Hell, I can't really complain when I have Small little ships shredding each other, and planes shelling the ground with 16 Inch shells, you feel me? :wink:

The only thing that doesn't really change is the weight (changed the mass to 0.1). Still don't know what you mean by " quoting it" though.

Nice job on this mod, I see some real potential in this, maybe some little underground community based on building working warships... 10/10.

32 minutes ago, tacopollo2 said:

The only thing that doesn't really change is the weight (changed the mass to 0.1). Still don't know what you mean by " quoting it" though.

Maybe I used the wrong phrase (seems I should use "annotating it") but it means adding double slash in front of a whole line like this:

// hasFireAnimation = true

Edited by Acea

Log:

I haven't posted our progress for quite a while but there are some points.

We have made quite a bit of changes around reality and gameplay, and updated our plugins for 1.2. And after all these, let's see a new part coming to surface in next update.

uo7C.gif

Edited by Acea

3 minutes ago, Thatdude253 said:

So two things. Is that the the 16"/45 turret as used by the North Carolinas and South Dakotas? And two, is there a single mount 3 inch automatic flak gun in game I missed somewhere?

1) No you'll know what it is once the new version comes;

2) Read last changelogs carefully and you can see something named 3-inch Naval Gun Mount Mark 21.

On 01/10/2016 at 7:38 PM, tacopollo2 said:

Started playing around with this a few days ago

Decided to mess around with the CFG, maybe a 1000 RPM Iowa turret would be fun, I said.

Started up the game and nothing changed, besides RPM. Any reason why and how I can fix it?

Hi, very simple answer to this problem, do you have module manager installed? If so then the part cfg you changed isn't the one the game loads, when MM is installed it copies and stores all the cfg's modified or other wise in it's cache files, and it's this cache that controls what you see in game.

To change a cfg with module manager installed, edit the cfg, then go to the GameData folder and find the module manager cached files, there are 4 of them, delete all four. then go to the main KSP folder find the PartDatabase.cfg and delete that too, restart the game.

A new copy of the MM cache will be written that includes your changes and a new PartDatabase.cfg will be written. If you are not changing weight or dimensions you can skip the PartDatabase deletion but any size or mass changes will need a new drag cube to be calculated, otherwise even though your cfg says the turret weighs 1 tonne, the game will still think it's 30 tonnes.. 

On 02/10/2016 at 4:00 PM, Acea said:

uo7C.gif

Hi was looking at this animation and thought yes it would be nice if that would actually fire in that manner, rather than being stuck with all 3 barrels discharging at once , which is the stock behaviour for BDA'c turrets.

I've made some advances in turret set ups and hierarchies recently and there's a good chance that i can make the thing work as per the animation above. To do it of course id either need a unity ready model or even the base fbx or whatever it is. If you're interested in seeing if it could be done let me know.

I'm expecting that you could have the two outers firing as one and the inner would be independent and fire as a solo, sadly I cant give an and/or choice, so if it's done 2 fire and 1fire  it will always be 2 and 1 and never all 3 simultaneously. Whats very likely to happen though is that the WM will automatically switch between them as it cycles through the fire recoils reload cycle. as that is the pattern I'm seeing elsewhere.

cheers.

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi was looking at this animation and thought yes it would be nice if that would actually fire in that manner, rather than being stuck with all 3 barrels discharging at once , which is the stock behaviour for BDA'c turrets.

I've made some advances in turret set ups and hierarchies recently and there's a good chance that i can make the thing work as per the animation above. To do it of course id either need a unity ready model or even the base fbx or whatever it is. If you're interested in seeing if it could be done let me know.

Yeah IMO that should be nice too, but I like to stay simple rather than having a few weapons different from others, or doing all the configuring job all over again, so, well.

This would be really cool if you can accomplish it, I'd choose to see if your great work can bring us some amazing parts in the future.

Cheers :)

EDIT: We're recently making progress on part textures and next NAS release after 1.2 would have some significant visual improvements

EDIT2: New features for the new version have been locked and we're waiting for release of KSP 1.2 and working BDAc/Firespitter/ModuleManager

Edited by Acea

Can anyone give me a list of all the Flak and Anti Air weapons?

On 9/30/2016 at 0:22 PM, ItsJebK said:

EDIT: nevermind, managed to fix it. the CAL version provided caused me to crash, you should look into that.

EDIT2: Nevermind again, as soon as I enter SPH the game crashes.

Did you install it right?

Do you have the latest Firespitter, CAL or NAS?

If you did both of these right, then provide a log to someone. We recommend you put your log on dropbox. Make sure to provide a link.

• 2 weeks later...

@Acea Hi I ran some experiments on some old turrets and sadly it's a big fat fail at this point, while it is possible to combine a missile and a cannon/gun,  BDAc throws a fit if it's two guns, i tried all the types and all the combos i could think of, No joy,never mind, was worth a shot.

And the main reason I've dropped by, LBP is getting lots of TLC right now but some areas  especially the WW2 stuff has suffered from a lack of inspiration, as my interests lie more toward modern and commercial shipping than the behemoths of the past, so I'm looking for some input from the guys who use them, even my testers favor the modern so i'm a bit dry on possible improvements that could be made etc etc, primarily i just want to tidy up whats there now, and once done I'll think about some new additions,  provided i get some input from you guys on what needs to be or you'd like to see done. So yeah, if you have some ideas pop by the LBP thread and let me know, and I'll do structural parts requests through SMM

Cheers

10 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Acea Hi I ran some experiments on some old turrets and sadly it's a big fat fail at this point, while it is possible to combine a missile and a cannon/gun,  BDAc throws a fit if it's two guns, i tried all the types and all the combos i could think of, No joy,never mind, was worth a shot.

And the main reason I've dropped by, LBP is getting lots of TLC right now but some areas  especially the WW2 stuff has suffered from a lack of inspiration, as my interests lie more toward modern and commercial shipping than the behemoths of the past, so I'm looking for some input from the guys who use them, even my testers favor the modern so i'm a bit dry on possible improvements that could be made etc etc, primarily i just want to tidy up whats there now, and once done I'll think about some new additions,  provided i get some input from you guys on what needs to be or you'd like to see done. So yeah, if you have some ideas pop by the LBP thread and let me know, and I'll do structural parts requests through SMM

Cheers

This may sound like a dumb idea, but could you have the turret and the guns as separate parts, so the turret acts like one of the missile turrets (it swivels when the gun is selected in the weapons manager) and the gun fire independently?

5 hours ago, CaptainAl said:

This may sound like a dumb idea, but could you have the turret and the guns as separate parts, so the turret acts like one of the missile turrets (it swivels when the gun is selected in the weapons manager) and the gun fire independently?

I've seen suggestions like this about 20+ times but nope

5 hours ago, CaptainAl said:

Hi as Acea says BDAc's  not built that way, turrets can only exist as a part module rather than a part in itself , and as a slave of  the weapon module or missile launcher module,  the gun tells the turret which way to point not the other way around.  IF there's an arrangement for BDA hierarchies i haven't tried I'd be surprised.  Have to agree though that it would be very nice if that was possible, i can think of literally dozens of uses for a controllable basic turret that other things could attach to.

You can though have combo turrets that have a missile/rocket launcher and a projectile weapon of some sort ( See Boomsticks, PEW, and I believe NKD for fully working  examples) but that's definitely advanced stuff and I'd say a little out of scope for NAS, which of all the weapon mods has firmly stuck to a theme constantly, which to my mind is quite admirable .

Oh and BTW LBP has changed color from that really dark grey to a more correct lighter blue grey html color 4f5358, so unlike the pic shown a bit earlier, the turrets don't look like they belong on another ship altogether , so all round ship and weapon combos will look much nicer.

Spoiler

Vo2hHgD.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.