[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

19 hours ago, Noellen said:

1.im sorry i ment just the glass panes since the alternativ (solarpannels, various other mods) are to small for ships or simply doesnt fit with a ship hull. So what i am saying that you guys are the only developers that have a mod where these would really fit with the parts in it.

2.just an idea since the AI is highly WIP and for now, do work. But with every update it could be that we (nas-fans) no longer have enemie ships to fight against. It would be a way for baha to fix that before it happens.

Yeah that's my wish too that we can have an entire enemy fleet to fight against. I'll try to ask if he wants to do it

Log:

n1blgrN.png

Since Kerbal Stuff has been closed, we started to provide an alternative Curse link.

As you all know how Curse performs, the alternative will be updated, but maybe not as fast as the original one does. The dead Kerbal Stuff link will be kept there until we have the next community-running add-on site.

Edited by Acea

Log:

KjTCsGi.png

I've registered on the new SpaceDock. But since there's an issue with uploading large files it may take a day or two before NAS appears there.

EDIT: And now it is done see OP

Edited by Acea
Preview

3 hours ago, Sampa said:

Hey, just a suggestion, from playing the game World of Warships, how about making the 14" gun from the New Mexico-class and the 16" gun from the Colorado class!

There're already enough 14 and 16 in guns and I don't think that'd be wise... Anyhow I'll consider it thx

Is there a way for the dual purpose guns to function as AA, and as normal guns? I ask because I'm trying to recreate the Atlanta-Oakland class. It was designed to be a destroyer flotilla leader, but was used as an AA platform due to its 16 dual purpose 5 inch guns along with 20mm Oerlikons and 40mm Bofors on the Atlanta class, and 12 dual purpose 5 inch guns with significantly more 40mm Bofors. The existing AA guns are functional enoug, but I want to make it so that it is the AA behemoth it historically was.

Edited by TronX33

2 hours ago, TronX33 said:

Is there a way for the dual purpose guns to function as AA, and as normal guns? I ask because I'm trying to recreate the Atlanta-Oakland class. It was designed to be a destroyer flotilla leader, but was used as an AA platform due to its 16 dual purpose 5 inch guns along with 20mm Oerlikons and 40mm Bofors on the Atlanta class, and 12 dual purpose 5 inch guns with significantly more 40mm Bofors. The existing AA guns are functional enoug, but I want to make it so that it is the AA behemoth it historically was.

They should be already functioning like that.

I've noticed Atlanta-class long before NAS actually started and you can see this from cfg codes:

airDetonation = true
	maxAirDetonationRange = 16000

Edited by Acea

1 hour ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Considering their aren't any secondary guns of its caliber in NAS, a suggestion would be to create the 10.5 CM FlaK  SK C/38, the German dual barrel secondary.

Yes a 10.5 cm SK/C 33 is done already and will appear in 0.4.0

Edited by Acea

In case you missed it (you probably already know), cannons have a new heat value you can tweak to make up for the lack of impact damage:

(from abrams config)

cannonShellPower = 20
cannonShellHeat = 30
cannonShellRadius = 30

Edited by BahamutoD

4 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

In case you missed it (you probably already know), cannons have a new heat value you can tweak to make up for the lack of impact damage:

(from abrams config)

cannonShellPower = 20
cannonShellHeat = 30
cannonShellRadius = 30

Yeah I know and this has been included in new config formats since last update. Looks like parameters need further tweaks.

BTW it's really some hard work to get torpedoes to control cruising depth automatically and I need your help

Edited by Acea

12 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Yes torpedoes will need their own "guidance" mode (even if its just staying at a certain depth), and 'aero' forces need to take submersion into account.  Feel free to message me.

And thrust control too. It's not so difficult to reach a satisfying speed underwater but this means too much thrust in the air and it may even make it possible for torps to fly straight up. The Type 93 torpedo has made it during final tests.

I guess it requires a mechanism to give torps a low thrust up in the air and high in the water

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.