Radial Heat Shields Version 1.0.0 Early Access Beta-Updated to 1.0.5

Hello! I'm Clifton M, the developer of Radial Heat Shields :cool:. I have recently finished a beta of version 1.0, and need testers so that it can be the best release yet. Oh the pain!:confused:

Here are some really needed people:

People who have:

-Heavily modded installs

-Stock installs

-Career mode

If you would like to report current bugs, or make a feature request you can do so here.

Thank you very much for your help in the development of Radial Heat Shields. You will receive credit if you insert your name on the bug reporting/requests form. Here

[snip]

License: Please don't ruin it for others, but you may do whatever you want with this, as long as it's legal. (I don't know why, but people can come up with a way of doing something illegal with just about everything.)

If you would like my suggestion, drop the whole "you must apply" thing. That works for Squad because they can have you sign an NDA and they have a reason to keep it under control since it is a paid for product. Mods aren't like that, just post it in your WIP thread and people who want to try it can try it. Moreover, you actually end up with people using it rather than people that applied and never install it.

If you would like my suggestion, drop the whole "you must apply" thing. That works for Squad because they can have you sign an NDA and they have a reason to keep it under control since it is a paid for product. Mods aren't like that, just post it in your WIP thread and people who want to try it can try it. Moreover, you actually end up with people using it rather than people that applied and never install it.

Good Point. I'll make it more open, and just give the download link.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I would like to shout out to anyone who can make moderate to good textures, or has good textures. I would like to make it a little more stock alike, and higher quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Heat-shielded stock wings.

Enough said.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've seen, these textures really need some work.

Adding these wings has been a planned feature ever since I was mucking around with this when I saw the request. I'm working on that right now.

• 2 weeks later...
How about some pictures?

Ill get to it soon. I can't right now, as i'm busy, and I'm likely going to wait until I have a larger selection for parts.

Just posted an update on the Kerbal Stuff page.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the idea behind this mod. Never been a fan of the radial heatshield mod, but this, this I wouldn't mind being stock :) . Great idea.

I actually got the idea when i was reading through the forums, and found a request for it. General Add-on Affairs is the epitome of players, and developers connecting. That's why I always tell people to keep those ideas coming.

Just posted an update on the Kerbal Stuff page.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually got the idea when i was reading through the forums, and found a request for it. General Add-on Affairs is the epitome of players, and developers connecting. That's why I always tell people to keep those ideas coming.

I've given (asked) for several ideas. :( Everyone just tells me to do it myself. In my experience, I have no reason to put a thread up anymore. Even the simplest mods come back with the same messages, "Do it yourself" in general. Very few find my requests and say "This will be an interesting challenge". So if your ever bored, go check through my post threads. I have several mod requests.

[MOD - Cliftonm, as per the Add-on Posting Rules:

1. Licenses

All add-ons that are posted on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community (such as this forum and Curse) must be accompanied by a license that regulates what other users can do with the copyrighted material. This license must be made available in both the download file and in the location the user downloads from (such as a forum post or a Curse listing).

Please ensure that your forum post, your download file and KerbalStuff page contains an appropriate licence for your add-on - non-compliance will result in the removal of download links.

Thank you for your understanding.]

[MOD - Cliftonm, as per the Add-on Posting Rules:

Please ensure that your forum post, your download file and KerbalStuff page contains an appropriate licence for your add-on - non-compliance will result in the removal of download links.

Thank you for your understanding.]

Sorry about that. I had it on my other forum thread, so I forgot on this one. It's also on Kerbal Stuff now.

- - - Updated - - -

I've given (asked) for several ideas. :( Everyone just tells me to do it myself. In my experience, I have no reason to put a thread up anymore. Even the simplest mods come back with the same messages, "Do it yourself" in general. Very few find my requests and say "This will be an interesting challenge". So if your ever bored, go check through my post threads. I have several mod requests.

Come to me with it then. I'll be glad to help. Even if I can't do it, I can get into contact with other developers.

- - - Updated - - -

I created a dev blog, and you can see it here.

...seeing as you're taking requests... :P;)

I made a suggestion over in the KerboKatz auto-balancing landing leg thread that has been largely ignored.

KerboKatz's legs will land with the legs fully extended, and then slowly shorten some legs to compensate for the topography so that eventually your landed craft ends pointing straight up.

What I want is something that will dynamically change the length of the landing legs before landing so that it lands upright, even when landing on the side of a hill... all in one leg part.

, but I don't particularly feel like learning programming just to have auto-balancing landing legs...

Thanks in advance for considering this idea.

By the way, great idea with the radial heat shields. I'll happily install it once KSP v1.10 comes out (and I can finally use MOAR RAM... and struts and boosters...).

I will check those out.

- - - Updated - - -

...seeing as you're taking requests... :P;)

I made a suggestion over in the KerboKatz auto-balancing landing leg thread that has been largely ignored.

KerboKatz's legs will land with the legs fully extended, and then slowly shorten some legs to compensate for the topography so that eventually your landed craft ends pointing straight up.

What I want is something that will dynamically change the length of the landing legs before landing so that it lands upright, even when landing on the side of a hill... all in one leg part.

, but I don't particularly feel like learning programming just to have auto-balancing landing legs...

Thanks in advance for considering this idea.

By the way, great idea with the radial heat shields. I'll happily install it once KSP v1.10 comes out (and I can finally use MOAR RAM... and struts and boosters...).

I'll take a look at this soon. I will likely wait for ksp 1.1 before I do this, as I don't want it to break with the update.

• 2 months later...

Seen that you are taking requests, I would like to ask for a part that will be very useful in my opinion with KSP 1.0.X but was ingnored until now. An inflatable fuel tank, radially attachable. maybe the spherical form will be perfect, but I don't mind. I just would like to strap some of those on a spaceplane, land on a mun/planet, use the ISRU to fill them and use that fuel for many and very useful things.

• 3 years later...

I have sent a request for permission to adopt this parts pack and include it in an upcoming release.

# Mod: OrionSpaceIndustries - Radial Heat Shields
## Author: @CliftonM

I am asking for your permission to update / continue / adopt / release the above named mod(s).

Hopefully I hear back from the author with an answer, but in case I don't I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the end of September 2019 (or sooner), as permitted by the individual license(s).

I am also hearby informing you that it is my intention to update the licenses (if permitted to either directly by you or by the existing license) to CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 and possibly include in a mod of mods because this simplifies everything and still gives you attribution and keeps the essential spirit (I believe) of the existing license(s). Also means I don't have to hire an attorney to sort out the licenses. :o:P:D

Thank you.

Radial Heat Shields: License: Unlimited / CC-BY-SA 4.0 (this thread lists as unlimited, elsewhere is CC-BY-SA 4.0))

Radial Heat Shields by Clifton Marien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

license-CC--4.0--BY--SA-lightgrey

88x31.png  Radial Heat Shields by Clifton Marien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Edited by zer0Kerbal

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Too bad all download links are broken :(

I was able to find them - and they are currently on KGEx - waiting on some final tweaks before I release.

would be nice if a graphical kerbal would update the textures though. :P

Edited by zer0Kerbal