What resolution do you play KSP at?

CaelumEtAstra

What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?

• 1280x1024
    • 1280x720
    • 1366x768
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x900
    • 1920x1080 (1080p)
    • 2560x1440 (1440p)
    • 3840x2160 (4K/UHD)
    • Other

1920x1200, because I have a properly sized monitor rather than a thinly disguised TV ;) (No, really, a general-use PC feels much nicer when the wideness of the screen is less pronounced. 16:9 is vertically cramped when doing actual work...)

But I was a tard and clicked 1080p because I didn't read the options :<

1600x900 as that means running int windowed on a 1920x1080 display I can see other stuff on the screen at the same time...yes Im sad enouhg to have an excel spreadsheet with a list of which biomes I've visited and what experience all my crew members have got :D

1920x1200, because I have a properly sized monitor rather than a thinly disguised TV ;) (No, really, a general-use PC feels much nicer when the wideness of the screen is less pronounced. 16:9 is vertically cramped when doing actual work...)

But I was a tard and clicked 1080p because I didn't read the options :<

Yeah, that's why I love my 2560x1600 30". It's also 16:10 (or rather, 8:5) rather than 16:9. I agree, vertical space is important.

...vertical space is important.

Yeah, I actually miss my old IBM 4:3 CRT at times. But my current monitor (1920x1080) was a proper bargain, and it doesn't weigh 21Kg either ;)

Unfortunately it seems finding a decent non-widescreen monitor for a reasonable sum isn't that easy of late.

16:10 is still widescreen and therefore a con :D

In all seriousness, the difference between 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 isn't much, with 20:20 hindsight they would have been fine as a combined entry in the poll. And if anything I find the snag with 1080p is that it's not wide enough - it's more than I need for one window but feels cramped opening two windows side-by-side. I see the appeal of the 2560xwhatever displays for that.

But since my 1080p screen cost me 50 quid (second hand) and I have a secondary 1280x1024 screen to go with it I'm not complaining too much.

If a display feels cramped vertically, it's physically too small and/or the resolution is too low.

The aspect ratio of my eyeglasses is around 4:1, with the middle 2.5:1 being mostly free from reflections and distortions. That 2.5:1 is what I would expect from the ideal display.

Ever since widescreen monitors became common, I move the taskbar to the left side of the screen. Those extra... I don't know. 50? pixels makes all the difference to me. Also, I make all window borders as thin as possible and cut out all extravagant toolbars.

That, plus an extra monitor both at home and at work, and I can do plenty of actual work with 1080p :D

It was distorted on CRTs, but the common 1280x1024 LCDs had square pixels. I think it fell out of favor for the same reason as all the 4:3 ratios: Widescreen took over everything.

I can't stand widescreen. It's so wide! Reading things on the internet usually leads to huge borders on the side of the screen, and you need a very large desk per square pixel.

1680x1050

NEC Multisync p221w. It's a little old but the picture is amazing. Its has fantastic colour accuracy and almost 90 degree viewing angle.

I suspect there is a little ghosting as its not a super fast response rate of 8ms. I am tempted to buy a 1080p 144hz monitor but I am worried about the picture quality..

It was distorted on CRTs, but the common 1280x1024 LCDs had square pixels. I think it fell out of favor for the same reason as all the 4:3 ratios: Widescreen took over everything.

That's very interesting about the CRTs!

1280x1024 is actually very nice for KSP, since most rockets are vertical. The only problem is that the GUIs (stock & mod) are a bit big since most people have more screen real estate. But in the editors the resolution really shines. Not a huge number of pages of parts, and they're right near the working area.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.