[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

1 minute ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Ok. Thanks Mr. Lord of War :wink:

"Yes but I prefer it my way" any way.....

Yeah for some strange reason it would only work on @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s computer and would pull a disappearing act on everyone else's. There a quite a few new toys Spanner has in store for everyone. It'll be worth the wait. 

On April 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

!/  while in sph or vab place weapons in kerbals seat or personal inventory

2/ launch kerbal

3/ send kerbal on eva

4/ press r to activate backpack/mmu this places kerbals hands in correct position for holding weapons

5/ open kerbal kis inventory and select weapon of choice

6/ assign weapon to kerbal

7/ click on weapon to activate using  BD armory gui, and guard mode

Guard mode is best used with normal weaponry, rockets and missiles can be troublesome. Generally guard mode is effective against other armed kerbals and vehicles. Missiles and rockets are best aimed and fired manually.

As already mentioned the guard mode is still in development and was never intended for use by Kerbals and as such the results can be variable depending on the situation

There have been some issues with the whole BD KIS interaction as of late. But Spanner found a work around outlined above.

1 hour ago, Edlu Kerman said:

Hi, The way I have it set up, The rockets work but the guns don't. I have ammo boxes and the gun, is that sufficient?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 1:23 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, THE 1.1.3 UPDATE is now Available. Get it on SpaceDock NOW

Just a small selection of whats available in this update

KSPliyr.png?1

Are the helemets ready? The Germans are pinning us down here in the muddy trenches

Edit: nvm, I see you got them ready!

Edited by Murican_Jeb

Yeah, I already tried that. But the weapon manager doesn't show up and I can't use the guard mode. Really weird.

I fixed it. Had to add the backpack for the Kerbals. Now all weapons work.

2nd Edit: Or you can just add this module in every weapon cfg.

MODULE
{
  name = MissileFire
}

Edited by Space Scumbag

3 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Yeah, I already tried that. But the weapon manager doesn't show up and I can't use the guard mode. Really weird.

I fixed it. Had to add the backpack for the Kerbals. Now all weapons work.

2nd Edit: Or you can just add this module in every weapon cfg.

MODULE
{
  name = MissileFire
}

Did that actually work? I remember trying the weapon manager in the guns direct in 1.0.5 but it didn't work before. And this last update was really all Spanner. It has really mutated into something more than I personally know how to work on.

On April 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

!/  while in sph or vab place weapons in kerbals seat or personal inventory

2/ launch kerbal

3/ send kerbal on eva

4/ press r to activate backpack/mmu this places kerbals hands in correct position for holding weapons

5/ open kerbal kis inventory and select weapon of choice

6/ assign weapon to kerbal

7/ click on weapon to activate using  BD armory gui, and guard mode

Guard mode is best used with normal weaponry, rockets and missiles can be troublesome. Generally guard mode is effective against other armed kerbals and vehicles. Missiles and rockets are best aimed and fired manually.

As already mentioned the guard mode is still in development and was never intended for use by Kerbals and as such the results can be variable depending on the situation

Hmm may need to do some more tinkering :)

9 hours ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

To quote what I already put on Jester's wall, I have a STG 44 model ready to use. I tried setting it up myself, but, well, the model is entirely invisible because I have 0 idea what I'm doing.

Preview

HI dl'd the model, the preview looks nice although we may have a bit of trouble with that extra long mag, as the kerbs can detect meshes in front of them,causing the climb message to be constantly displayed. If it does cause an issue I can shorten it a tad.  The setup for that weapon is very standard and is nothing more than a basic BDAc turret rig, usually i split of the actual grip/trigger guard and have both the yaw(left/right) and pitch(up/down) transforms at the top of the grip so that when equipped the weapon appears to rotate around the Kerbs hand.  If you'd like help getting other things in game drop me a line via pm and i can get you through the tricky bits.

What I''ll do for the STG is import it to 3ds, properly scale to Kerb size, separate the grip, set the transforms for pitch and yaw and make sure everything's at scale 1 and local rotations at zero. This I'll export to unity, I'll send you a copy of the STG all setup for use in unity so you can use it as a reference for the future. Due to the shader issues that currently plague BDAc for 1.2  I'll set it up for the game  in 1.1.3 to ensure that everything displays correctly

12 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'll set it up for the game  in 1.1.3 to ensure that everything displays correctly

I chose not to update to 1.2, because none of the good mods are up to date for it yet, so, that's good. Either way, that'd be great. Danke, komoraden.

On 9/2/2015 at 9:40 PM, V8jester said:

What? BDA FPS doesn't require Module Manager. In fact, there are no MM patches in the mod's folder to begin with. I use it without MM right now. I don't get any errors from BDA FPS at all. BTW this mod has no Github repository? It could use one. You know, bug reports, pull requests (if BDA FPS had a Git repo, I would give you a little pull request for some small changes, mainly for balance) etc.

Edited by TheDestroyer111

@TheDestroyer111 Hi i gather that you're bored must be to pull up that quote from more than a year ago.  At which time it may have needed MM to apply the weapon manager, in fact it did, iirc, use it to apply the WM to the EVA'd Kerbs, before the EVA manager plugin and subsequent developments.

The situation with BD FPS is currently in flux, with Jester working his buns off he's not had time to spend on the mod, or the thread itself.  For the past couple of updates i been responsible for making them happen including the SpaceDock updates etc.

As for github repositories, for purely part mods, don't see the point, I'm happy to take balance suggestions but have a fairly competent group of testers who use this mod for RP scenarios etc and I'm quite happy with the balance, it's a given that there's some silly stuff mixed in but not half as OP as they'd be if i was left to my own devices. Regarding bug reports, any i get are acted upon, but there's really not a lot to go wrong, the only real snag is the dependence on those two other mods, and the issues that they throw up.

On 02/10/2016 at 6:05 AM, Vonnmillard said:

How about adding the U-100 (LMG) and the SAR-21 (Assault Rifle) into this mod, make sure both are the most accurate because they are constant recoil...

I'm sure i did a  U 100, pretty certain, just no clue where it went. Assault rifles are generally a nice thing to add as they are shaped appropriately for the Kerbs little hands, it's been a while since I've done any new stuff for this, and once the dust of 1.2 settles I'll be passing through pretty much everything with texture and detail updates. I'll put these two on the request list, and see if i can find that U100

On 10/3/2016 at 5:38 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Well, I think that if almost every normal gun has 425 gram bullet mass and instakills almost every part (including parts used for tank armor), while a sniper rifle has a few grams of bullet mass and low velocity, thus making it a poor choice for destroying armored vehicles, then this mod kinda sucks at balance :rolleyes:

I can PM you with some of the edited config files I did in the mod. I edited bullet mass, velocity, and weapon fire rate to more realistic values. I also added a new gun (the AK-47), which is essentially a copy of the AK-74's files, but with some stats edited, although for some reason my new gun has a pure silver color texture instead of what the old AK had, even though I didn't mess with the textures.

1 hour ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Stuff

If you don't like FPS in its current state no one is forcing you to download it.

Arguing the ignorance of the people maintaining the only First person weapons mod won't help your case.

The funny  thing is, this mod is a toy pure and simple, it's not as if you could stage a ground combat challenge with ten Kerbs per side and have them slug it out, much in the way the BD Ai challenges are run.

IF that was the case I'd see some relevance to re-balancing, and should the day arrive I'd be glad in fact more than willing to reconfigure every weapon down to 65% of it's real world value, as would be suitable for the Kerbals, anything other than that level of balance is totally irrelevant.  I must be missing something, because i can't see that instead of shooting a part of a destroyed ship half a dozen times to make it go away, that having to shoot it 3 dozen times somehow adds value to the mod.

Correct balancing for KerbalKombat would be desirable but until some clever soul works that code out, then I'm quite happy for individuals to alter the weapons to their own tastes, very easily done with MM cfg's without ever touching a part cfg, but I'm not rebalancing to anything other than 65% If i ever do, why ruin one of the most amusing ways to remove scrap for an irrelevant balance.

The likely reason for the color change is that the texture isn't loading correctly. The AK74 is a  different shape than the 47 similar silhouette granted but much lighter and slimmer that's what 30 years of advancement gets you, so much for realism eh :P

On 10/3/2016 at 11:38 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm sure i did a  U 100, pretty certain, just no clue where it went. Assault rifles are generally a nice thing to add as they are shaped appropriately for the Kerbs little hands, it's been a while since I've done any new stuff for this, and once the dust of 1.2 settles I'll be passing through pretty much everything with texture and detail updates. I'll put these two on the request list, and see if i can find that U100

Both guns are from Singapore

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.