GregroxMun

[1.7.3] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 August 8th 2019

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Use 1.3.1 until it is rewritten. There's no major changes between the two versions.

welp alright then

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use KSP 1.4.2

I use OPM with Alternis Kerbol. The combo works fine but when I want to switch the scene using Tab in the tracking station it only toggles between jool, minmus, Laythe, mun, Kerbin, Bop, Moho, Eve.

If I then click on let's say Sarnus it then toggles over to all it's moons and the other bodies in the solar system up to Isaac's comet when it starts at the Sun and then it only toggles between jool, minmus, Laythe, mun, Kerbin, Bop, Moho, Eve again.

I use the Shift+tab and tab keys alot to quikly change to a desired scene. If I have a maneuver node at sarnus while I'm at Kerbin let's say I want to switch there using this key function rather then zooming out and clicking there which takes longer.

Is this a known bug? I hope this gets fixed.

EDIT: I just read the last page. NVM the above.

Edited by Aeroboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2015 at 9:57 PM, GregroxMun said:

Hard Mode: Impress me.

what do i need to do to impress you, maybe a 6 kerbal and single scout probe ssto to the surface and back?

Edited by EndTraveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, EndTraveler said:

what do i need to do to impress you, maybe a 6 kerbal and single scout probe ssto to the surface and back?

if you can do that, I will be impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

^

|

even with mining? P.S is this compatible with extrasolar: planets beyond kerbol?

Edited by EndTraveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, EndTraveler said:

even with mining? P.S is this compatible with extrasolar: planets beyond kerbol?

Yes. P.S. probably not, but maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'd say so. Because valentine is like 8 times further than PLOCK if you install OPM.Soooooo yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to separate Laythe’s configuration? I just want to run jungle Laythe with AVP, SVT and Rescale 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, when I start KSP up, Jool is on the background and everything but I can't click the start button! Halp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse me, but is this compatible with a few planet mods? (specifically, OPM, Kerbol Origins, Asclepius, and others)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 12:41 AM, GregroxMun said:

Yes. P.S. probably not, but maybe.

nvm it works absolutely fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm not sure if this is an Alternis problem in specific, but science experiments don't give me any unique flavour text. For example, if I collect a Crew Report while landed on Laythe, it only tells me something along the lines of "Collected data from Surface of Laythe," despite the mod having an actual configuration file for science definitions. Is it because I'm on Sandbox mode? I recall that restriction being lifted in a past update, so I am confused. Additionally, Distant Object Enhancement does not give distant planets their appropriate colours. For example, when looking at Eve's glowing dot from the orbit of Jool, it glows purple instead of yellow. The OP says the planets have their proper dot colours, so I am confused.

Also, any chances of the city lights being reintroduced in a future update? I think those lights are what make Kerbin truly special, and it'd be even more notable when observing it from the surface of other joolian bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, Commissioner Tadpole said:

So, I'm not sure if this is an Alternis problem in specific, but science experiments don't give me any unique flavour text. For example, if I collect a Crew Report while landed on Laythe, it only tells me something along the lines of "Collected data from Surface of Laythe," despite the mod having an actual configuration file for science definitions. Is it because I'm on Sandbox mode? I recall that restriction being lifted in a past update, so I am confused. Additionally, Distant Object Enhancement does not give distant planets their appropriate colours. For example, when looking at Eve's glowing dot from the orbit of Jool, it glows purple instead of yellow. The OP says the planets have their proper dot colours, so I am confused.

Also, any chances of the city lights being reintroduced in a future update? I think those lights are what make Kerbin truly special, and it'd be even more notable when observing it from the surface of other joolian bodies.

No, it is a problem, because I am on career mode and I get the exact same problem, the science messages don't work. I can also confirm the bug, I also get the wrong dot colors in DOE. My game version is 1.3.1.

Edited by DunaManiac
Rephrasing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 4:06 PM, DunaManiac said:

No, it is a problem, because I am on career mode and I get the exact same thing. I also have DOE installed and I also have that Problem

I think I know why it happens, some time I'll go and fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 4:38 PM, GregroxMun said:

I think I know why it happens, some time I'll go and fix it.

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

Excuse me, but is this compatible with a few planet mods? (specifically, OPM

Yes, I use OPM and it works fine. Except Eeloo is farther out than PLOCK. And it takes 20 years for a direct transfer to plock, so yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2015 at 10:57 AM, GregroxMun said:

On Linux only: Making History breaks PostSpawnOrbit, which allows Kerbin to be reparented. The main menu buttons will be broken if you use Linux with Making History and any mod that uses PostSpawnOrbit. To play, you will have to uninstall Making History or play on PC (Not sure about Mac). If there is sufficient interest in a patch that totally misses the point of the mod by re-adding Kerbin into Solar orbit while preserving the other planets, I may consider it.

trying things out in 1.6.1 (Making History NOT installed), it seems that only the main menu is broken, and then only for mouse. Keyboard works (ie arrow keys + enter). Mouse works just fine in "Start Game").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition, it seems that something (AKR, Kop?) is not fully compatible with scatterer: Jool, Eve and Duna are quite broken (blinding white), or EVE (looking at Jool from the runway cases IOOR exceptions in CelestialShadows).

Log file: http://taniwha.org/~bill/AKR-EVE-log.zip (ModuleEngines exception should be unrelated: have it in stock system, something to do with the DA Tinyjet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, taniwha said:

snip

Are you using Linux? I've heard that Linux and Making History breaks some Kopernicus things. EDIT: Oh, not using MH. Oops. Dunno what to do, sorry.

Edited by GregroxMun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, yes, forgot to mention linux, but my point was that it might be ok even with MH installed (need to test).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @taniwha and @GregroxMun, I am also running Alternis Kerbol Rejiggered on Linux in 1.6.1 (without Making History), but I am NOT having problems with the mouse in the Main Menu.  (I don't run visual mods so I am not seeing the problem with the planets.)  Not sure if it will help you troubleshoot, but I'll post my mod list and log here if you want to cross check against yours.

Spoiler

OS:  Linux Mint 17.3
KSP:  1.6.1 (purchased through Steam, but running from a separate folder)
Mods:

  • Alternis Kerbol Rejiggered 2.3.1
  • Better Burn Time 1.8.1
  • Kopernicus 1.6.1.2 (with bundled Modular Flight Integrator)
  • Module Manager 4.0.2
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.10.0.0
  • Transfer Window Planner 1.6.3.0
  • [X] Science 5.19.0 
  • *Making History parts only plus a couple custom MM patches

Log Files:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iyki0aci7uy2mbk/AAABiZw8GFArmEyrrMuaOLDXa?dl=0

Oh and I was really excited to see that you can now tab through the entire solar system.  Not sure if that was on your end or Kopernicus, but thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help. 

I have EVE installed. Started a new game. When Jool moves out of the horizon, I can't see it anymore. And half of the Jool's texture is different(but still blue). How can i fix it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 11:45 AM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Please help. 

I have EVE installed. Started a new game. When Jool moves out of the horizon, I can't see it anymore. And half of the Jool's texture is different(but still blue). How can i fix it? 

I need more information, maybe a screenshot of the phenomenon. And a description of what mods you have installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.