My first orbit

carneyvich

And so it begins. Having tasted the fruit of achievement, how can you resist the temptation to go to the Mun, then land on it...and then who knows?

Welcome to the brotherhood. :)

That brings back some memories! My learning curve from back in the .18 demo. I followed NASA's progression as I learned how it all worked and every milestone felt like an awesome achievement. First spaceflight, orbit, rendezvous...

The king of them all was when I first set foot on the Mun :D

Lander1_zpsf1b814ca.jpg

^ Still have the pic.

FirstSpacewalk_zpso7oa3fid.jpg

carneyvich, you have some serious "awesome" in your future :D

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

That brings back some memories! My learning curve from back in the .18 demo. I followed NASA's progression as I learned how it all worked and every milestone felt like an awesome achievement. First spaceflight, orbit, rendezvous...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/GoSlash27/KSP/Lander1_zpsf1b814ca.jpg

^ Still have the pic.

-Slashy

Can tell it was an early pic, as you seem to have forgotten something important on it!

Right, well there is no power generation, no parachute and no engine/fuel tank. None of that is necessary unless you meant to return. I wonder what those landing legs are though, they aren't stock now even if they were at some point.

Actually, I did mean to return and I did.

Remember, this was .18 demo. The RCS thrusters were my engines and I had to rendezvous and EVA to get back aboard my return capsule.

There was no electrical drain in the demo, so solar panels/ etc weren't needed. Also, no docking ports in the .18 demo. And yeah, those landing gear were stock back then. In fact, they were the only ones available. A lot's changed since then...

Best,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

Congratulations, carneyvich. The fun is just beginning.

, The king of them all was when I first set foot on the Mun :D

-Slashy

I think my biggest thrill was the first time I successfully landed a probe on Mun. Although it was unmanned, it was a big step that gave me the confidence to know that I could start getting much more ambitious.

Heh. At least your first orbit was of Kerbin... Mine was a solar orbit, all solids.

no my first offical orbit EVER was of the sun two but like i said. this is the day i made my first offical orbit of kerbin!

like i said it was of kerbin.

and official means before i accidentally glitched myself into orbit (like accidently time warping through kerbin or something) but when i did that i reverted because i thought it wasnt fair.

no my first offical orbit EVER was of the sun two but like i said. this is the day i made my first offical orbit of kerbin!

like i said it was of kerbin.

and official means before i accidentally glitched myself into orbit (like accidently time warping through kerbin or something) but when i did that i reverted because i thought it wasnt fair.

Aha, that's how we all begin.

Pretty soon you'll be farming Minmus for science and pushing your spacecraft on EVA because you ran out of fuel during return. :D

this is the day i made my first offical orbit of kerbin! ...heres the orbit.

Congrats! You are approved making further examination in KSP, not anything that goes up, must come down again! :wink:

Happy landings, preferable on wheels or parachutes!

Nice, nice.

This reminds me about my first rendezvous when I just eyeballed it way before there were any indicators or docking ports. It was also my first space battle between the two vessels. With lasers and stuff. Pew, pew!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/GoSlash27/KSP/Lander1_zpsf1b814ca.jpg

^ Still have the pic.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/GoSlash27/KSP/WayBackMachine/FirstSpacewalk_zpso7oa3fid.jpg

-Slashy

Love it!

My first ever landing, and first ever screenshot. This is honestly one of the greatest feelings I've had in gaming:

gskAzsY.jpg

Congrats! I remember slowly figuring out how to get into orbit. I had lots of suborbital flights that were intended to be orbits, but I waited too long to burn, and fell back.

Also, I remember landing on the Mun in the demo. There weren't any landing legs I don't think. Winglet landing gear FTW!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.