Favorite items from Sci-Fi Movies!

Cobalt60

I'd trick everybody out the airlock, for sure. And I'm sure nobody would call it homicide.

You'd do many things in your power to defend yourself. If you can't, then too bad. But HAL could defend himself. He literally did what any living thing would do when threatened, he reacted to it. Some things hide, but he couldn't have hidden. So he had to fight.

Seriously guys, why DeLorean? Yeah, it's a cool thing and I'd like one, but compared to the Heart of Gold it is useless.

Because I don't want to do everything. And as Arthur Dent showed on Magrathea orbit, it's possible to activate things accidentally. (I'm also not really sure that it's as simple to get what I want as deciding what I want and waiting for the correct probability to show up. If it were that certain, it would not longer be a function of probability.) I know how to pilot a DeLorean and service it when the car part of it breaks, and the one that can travel through time does what I want.

I'd have to say the X-Wing from Star Wars.

Armor, speed, and firepower!

Thunderbolt variant of the Starfury. Same idea, but at least I'll be able to turn on a dime.

If I'm to be Earth-bound, then I'll take Thunderbird 2 and all of the rescue pod options to go with it.

EDIT: Eagle 1 from Space:1999 would be *VERY* welcome!

Edited by Xorth Tanovar

Seriously guys, why DeLorean? Yeah, it's a cool thing and I'd like one, but compared to the Heart of Gold it is useless.

X-Wing? With its little pew pew guns? HoG just calculates it away or, preferably, turns it into a bowl of sour gummy worms.

HoG is the most OP thing ever built in the entire Universe, since it can do anything, literally anything.

Because I have never heard of it.

Because I have never heard of it.

Are you honestly saying you've never heard of a DeLorean DMC-12? You barbarian!

In design it was decades ahead of it's time. But in performance it was hopelessly outdated even before it rolled off the production line? But that aside it was immortalized as the time machine in the Back to the Future movies.

Oh no ! Not a HAL's reasons debate !

(but on a different note, Bill, the Monolith is not an item. Just turn around slowly. It wanted to tell you personally.)

The monolith is very much an item.

You yourself are more of an item than anything. None of your individual molecules are alive. Same for all lifeforms. And the same for AI Monoliths.

The monolith is very much an item.

You yourself are more of an item than anything. None of your individual molecules are alive. Same for all lifeforms. And the same for AI Monoliths.

I expected something less pragmatic. :D

---

On a different note again, the thread is going nuts. Seems to me that OP had a different understanding of "item" when he mentioned a lightsaber and a holocommunicator... Half your choices are vessels, peeps. Can't find something that would fit in a pocket, a bag, or even a closet ?

I expected something less pragmatic. :D

---

On a different note again, the thread is going nuts. Seems to me that OP had a different understanding of "item" when he mentioned a lightsaber and a holocommunicator... Half your choices are vessels, peeps. Can't find something that would fit in a pocket, a bag, or even a closet ?

Actually...

In Restaurant at the End of the Universe, the Heart of Gold was shrunk to fit in a guy's pocket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.