Dust 514 E3 2012 Beta Video

RayneCloud

Aww come on, PS3?! Yet another game has decided to disregard their PC market completely, by the look of it.

Why does everyone say that? What part of, 'We want to try another game-play experience and another market' is so bloody hard to understand? :)

Dust514 will be released on PS3 exclusively as a pay to win title.

Although I doubt anyone will play it since it just appears to be a worse version of planetside 2.

Why does everyone say that? What part of, 'We want to try another game-play experience and another market' is so bloody hard to understand? :)

Meh. There\'s always going to be PC Elitists. Just gotta live with it.

Uggh... more great video from CCP telling me I need to find the money to friggin\' rejoin EVE Online. DUST 514 keeps getting better and better and will be awesome once it\'s live. Might have to find the money for a PS3 or XBox360 now too. :(

Not to mention Inferno looks amazing too with them finally dealing with missile animations.

I need money! :(:lol:

Although I doubt anyone will play it since it just appears to be a worse version of planetside 2.

Not pay to win at all, you CAN pay for Isk (in-game money), to buy equipment, but it is not necessary. You can just make that same money to buy the same items in-game. And if you join a Corporation, they will most likely supply you with weapons, vehicles and armor. Don\'t forget, once it is destroyed, you can\'t get it back, and have to buy it again. But playing one round should repay you enough for all the equipment, and more. And you got free, default equipment.

Wow, talk about being DEAD WRONG. I\'m in the beta and it is NOT Pay To Win. Do your research bud.

CCP is Valves arch-nemesis, while Valve make tf2 f2p and make lots of money through the in-game store and tf2 is comparitively balanced with all players equal, CCP charge players £15 a BLOODY MONTH and theres an in-game store where you can buy £50 monocles, also there are in-game alliances which betray you eventually and take ALL of your stuff, because of this, CCP are undergoing financial problems

also there is an EVE Online book, that just proves CCP\'s ridiculousness

CCP is Valves arch-nemesis, while Valve make tf2 f2p and make lots of money through the in-game store and tf2 is comparitively balanced with all players equal, CCP charge players £15 a BLOODY MONTH and theres an in-game store where you can buy £50 monocles, also there are in-game alliances which betray you eventually and take ALL of your stuff, because of this, CCP are undergoing financial problems

Now you\'re just factually wrong.

EVE is a MMO, like WoW and SWTOR. MMOs cost money on a monthly basis. Why? Constant updates with new features, and server maintenance. And let\'s not forget the staff that needs to eat. Nothing new here. What IS different from other MMOs is that everything that you said costs money, can be bought in-game. Even game time can be bought with the money you earned in-game.

And regarding Alliances, they DO NOT steal a random player\'s money. An Alliance is a group of Corporations, who are working together. A single player can not be member of a Alliance, only a Corp can be member of an Alliance. A player CAN be part of a Corp, and, but still can\'t steal anything from you that you haven\'t given them. Corps DO have a shared 'bank', but only people high up can take out of it directly. It does happen that a player steals from the Corp bank, but that is part of the game, know who you can trust, as trust is the most valuable thing in-game.

And CCP isn\'t in financial problems. Heck, they even launched a ship from EVE into high atmosphere/space.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

[mod]Play nice and do not insult one another, or you will earn a timeout.[/mod]

Do not turn this into a console/platform/game war. It is perfectly reasonable for someone to like different games, companies, or platforms then you do, so keep it civil.

For instance, I do not own a Ps3 and never plan to, nor do I like EVE much at all. Nonetheless, the game looks reasonably fun, and should be enjoyable for those that join in.

Carry on.

What a load of crap that is, CCP Games is far from being in financial difficulties. There was a decision made to get rid of 20% of their worldwide staff, but the company is still strong now that they\'ve focused. The Eve online books are an amazing read, and ccp is not the only game company to do this..look at WoW. As for everything else, just not gonna bother responding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.