[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

3 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

@Angel-125 I've gone through most of the pages of the mod and looked at the changelog and couldn't find if you had revisited the ratios of products for EL integration. There was a conversation back on page 13 about how EL parts tend to use ExConverter, where stock and your parts use ModuleResourceConverter. You mentioned you needed to check on the numbers because there was a cycle that could give infinite metal because of either not enough scrap used to remake metal or too much from making rocket parts, but I couldn't find whether it had been tweaked. You mentioned ExConverter doesn't work well for you/your mod, so should it be avoided when designing a template? If the numbers for the Ironworks in the EL patch are correct, then I think I've completed it using ModuleResourceConverter. Thanks!

It was awhile ago, but yes, I think I fixed that issue. ExConverter doesn't work for pathfinder (or BARIS for that matter); the plugins are built off of ModuleResourceConverter.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you try with a new save?  Could be that even though you wiped the directoyies, there could still be stuff in the save file

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried, however got the same behavior. :/ I may try with a separate KSP install (the one I'm using is for craft creation and mod tests primarily.) Still, appreciate the help!

8 minutes ago, pp3d said:

I don't see the Spaces/Screens folder. Do we create them manually and drop pics in it for the monitors?

I'm usually able to just click the screen in IVA and it brings up a window that lets you choose out of your screenshot gallery. So you could put pics in your screenshot gallery, I think. Not the Steam one, but the KSP one.

Just now, Krakatoa said:

I'm usually able to just click the screen in IVA and it brings up a window that lets you choose out of your screenshot gallery. So you could put pics in your screenshot gallery, I think. Not the Steam one, but the KSP one.

1 minute ago, Krakatoa said:

Ok.. I didn't know this. Thanks. I've never taken screenshots... or placed anything there. Will give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Angel, this should be interesting, in the "I don't know how it happened, but it did" vein. 

Okay, I suddenly got the Hacienda Simplified Mode configs back. Here's the thing though: I never got to switch the Play Mode to Simplified. In fact, checking  the Pathfinder menu at the Space Center confirms it's still in Default. 

The only thing I remember different I did in between my last post on the matter and now was that, especially after the post-BARIS optional update, I reinstalled Pathfinder (delete everything in Wild Blue but snacks) twice. First time I did that, attempting to switch to Simplified Mode resulted to an exception when I tried  to confirm the change on the select menu. So it got left at default. Later on, reinstalled it again (being OC about it, and I was installing an update to another mod as well), and did not touch it, as I was planning on playing Default anyway. But when it came time to build my Pathfinder craft, that's when I discovered that the Hacienda was on Simplified. And that's when I checked to confirm that, yep, the Pathfinder Play Mode was on Default. 

I know, weird. 

On the one hand, I'm kinda not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I haven't touched the Setting Page for fear of suddenly reverting back to Default mode again (by now, Pathfinder is in use in my save--which reminds me, if the mode reverts to Default, what happens to any deployed Haciendas?). On the other hand, I'd really want to investigate this further, maybe it is a mod conflict I suspect, but no major mod changes have happened that I can recall. And testing the latest Pathfinder on a clean install, alone, still works as intended. 

Anyway, if it would help, next time I boot up Kerbal, I'll keep the output log and send it over to you. (For that purpose, I'll visit my Pathfinder base and play around with the Hacienda modules to get their interactions into the log). Anything else you might need me to do?

As always, thanks again!

5 hours ago, B-STRK said:

Hey Angel, this should be interesting, in the "I don't know how it happened, but it did" vein. 

Okay, I suddenly got the Hacienda Simplified Mode configs back. Here's the thing though: I never got to switch the Play Mode to Simplified. In fact, checking  the Pathfinder menu at the Space Center confirms it's still in Default. 

The only thing I remember different I did in between my last post on the matter and now was that, especially after the post-BARIS optional update, I reinstalled Pathfinder (delete everything in Wild Blue but snacks) twice. First time I did that, attempting to switch to Simplified Mode resulted to an exception when I tried  to confirm the change on the select menu. So it got left at default. Later on, reinstalled it again (being OC about it, and I was installing an update to another mod as well), and did not touch it, as I was planning on playing Default anyway. But when it came time to build my Pathfinder craft, that's when I discovered that the Hacienda was on Simplified. And that's when I checked to confirm that, yep, the Pathfinder Play Mode was on Default. 

I know, weird. 

On the one hand, I'm kinda not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I haven't touched the Setting Page for fear of suddenly reverting back to Default mode again (by now, Pathfinder is in use in my save--which reminds me, if the mode reverts to Default, what happens to any deployed Haciendas?). On the other hand, I'd really want to investigate this further, maybe it is a mod conflict I suspect, but no major mod changes have happened that I can recall. And testing the latest Pathfinder on a clean install, alone, still works as intended. 

Anyway, if it would help, next time I boot up Kerbal, I'll keep the output log and send it over to you. (For that purpose, I'll visit my Pathfinder base and play around with the Hacienda modules to get their interactions into the log). Anything else you might need me to do?

As always, thanks again!

The only thing that the Play Mode button does is rename a couple of files in the Pathfinder/PlayModes folder. If you rename Simplified Mode.txt to Simplified Mode.cfg, then you'll be running in Simplified Mode despite what the game says.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The only thing that the Play Mode button does is rename a couple of files in the Pathfinder/PlayModes folder. If you rename Simplified Mode.txt to Simplified Mode.cfg, then you'll be running in Simplified Mode despite what the game says.

Ah, confirmed this is the case in the appropriate folder. Thanks again!

Took another break from Kerbal Politics today, and did some more concept design for Sandcastle:

1sSuJUr.png

Like fuel tanks, I'm considering different size categories. Top to bottom: Build 0 (2.5m), Build 1 (5m), Build 2 (10m), Build 3 (20m). I think if you go larger than 20m the buildings get unwieldy in the VAB/SPH.

Hopefully Konkrete basing is going well. Sorry if I have to ask for a little troubleshooting help again. :(

Not sure if I may have done something wrong. But on Minmus, I have a Pathfinder + KPBS base deployed in one of the flats, with three Haciendas configured as 2 ISRUs 1 Power Plant. Initially had them drilling for water, which they did, topping off whatever water tanks were on the base. Then I switched them to Ore mode, and for some reason they aren't drilling up ore, they're still drilling up water. I can confirm this by going to the KSP Resource Panel: with the drills off, Water reads as 0.00 (being drawn by the Cooling Towers (closed cycle)). Turning on the Hacienda drills (both via the GUI and the PAW, and confirming they're set for ore), Water reads 0, as though they were continuously being topped off like a solar panel will the EC resource bar. (And Ore does not budge one bit. This despite sitting on 10% Ore concentrations according to SCANSAT). 

As to the sequence of events that led here: 

1. Once I got nearly all the base up and running (just a few more parts to KIS), I had Hacienda-ISRU 1 switched to water and start drilling via the GUI.
  2. Went over to Hacienda ISRU 2 and hit the Start Strip Mining in the PAW--whoops, checking on the Resource Panel, I saw Water up by more than it was with Hacienda 1 alone (did not notice Ore, sorry).
  3. Shut off the Strip Mining in PAW, went to the GUI and switched to Water, started the drill again.
  4. Once the Water bunkers were filled, switched Hacienda 1 to Ore via the GUI and started the drill... no Ore being dug up.
  5. Stopped both drills via the GUI, switched to Ore on both (again for 1, first time for 2), and drilled--still no Ore.
  6. Same result if using the PAW, and Resetting Drill GUI in PAW. Getting lots of water, no wine--I mean Ore. 
  7. I even tried quitting my game completely and going back in. Haciendas won't budge from Water drilling. 
  8. I even tried installing a couple Golddiggers, thinking they might operate independently from the Haciendas. Nope, still won't drill Ore, just water. (And despite switching them manually via their own "Modify Drill" GUI as well). 

So my hypothesis is, whatever I did wrong there, locked the drills into Water mode. (Either that or Pathfinder does not like it if I bolt KPBS Ground Construction Workshops to its inflatables?) I tried looking at the persistence file, though admittedly I didn't know what to look for, but searching for Hacienda instances, I could see "Ore" in a line or two--but again, not sure exactly what to look out for (hoping to troubleshoot by editing the persistence).

I hope I'm not being too much of a bother bringing this up. (And please do mention if you'd be needing logs or my persistence to check it out. Though it seems the only thing that's triggering the Exception Detector every time I turn on the Hacienda drills is the BARIS bridge, is what I can say so far). Grateful for any help available. :)

Edited by B-STRK

33 minutes ago, B-STRK said:

Hopefully Konkrete basing is going well. Sorry if I have to ask for a little troubleshooting help again. :(

Not sure if I may have done something wrong. But on Minmus, I have a Pathfinder + KPBS base deployed in one of the flats, with three Haciendas configured as 2 ISRUs 1 Power Plant. Initially had them drilling for water, which they did, topping off whatever water tanks were on the base. Then I switched them to Ore mode, and for some reason they aren't drilling up ore, they're still drilling up water. I can confirm this by going to the KSP Resource Panel: with the drills off, Water reads as 0.00 (being drawn by the Cooling Towers (closed cycle)). Turning on the Hacienda drills (both via the GUI and the PAW, and confirming they're set for ore), Water reads 0, as though they were continuously being topped off like a solar panel will the EC resource bar. (And Ore does not budge one bit. This despite sitting on 10% Ore concentrations according to SCANSAT). 

As to the sequence of events that led here: 

1. Once I got nearly all the base up and running (just a few more parts to KIS), I had Hacienda-ISRU 1 switched to water and start drilling via the GUI.
  2. Went over to Hacienda ISRU 2 and hit the Start Strip Mining in the PAW--whoops, checking on the Resource Panel, I saw Water up by more than it was with Hacienda 1 alone (did not notice Ore, sorry).
  3. Shut off the Strip Mining in PAW, went to the GUI and switched to Water, started the drill again.
  4. Once the Water bunkers were filled, switched Hacienda 1 to Ore via the GUI and started the drill... no Ore being dug up.
  5. Stopped both drills via the GUI, switched to Ore on both (again for 1, first time for 2), and drilled--still no Ore.
  6. Same result if using the PAW, and Resetting Drill GUI in PAW. Getting lots of water, no wine--I mean Ore. 
  7. I even tried quitting my game completely and going back in. Haciendas won't budge from Water drilling. 
  8. I even tried installing a couple Golddiggers, thinking they might operate independently from the Haciendas. Nope, still won't drill Ore, just water. (And despite switching them manually via their own "Modify Drill" GUI as well). 

So my hypothesis is, whatever I did wrong there, locked the drills into Water mode. (Either that or Pathfinder does not like it if I bolt KPBS Ground Construction Workshops to its inflatables?) I tried looking at the persistence file, though admittedly I didn't know what to look for, but searching for Hacienda instances, I could see "Ore" in a line or two--but again, not sure exactly what to look out for (hoping to troubleshoot by editing the persistence).

I hope I'm not being too much of a bother bringing this up. (And please do mention if you'd be needing logs or my persistence to check it out. Though it seems the only thing that's triggering the Exception Detector every time I turn on the Hacienda drills is the BARIS bridge, is what I can say so far). Grateful for any help available. :)

No worries. Drill switching is a bit wonky of late and I haven't figured out why. But if you can just drill for Ore, then the Pathfinder Geology Lab and the Claimjumper (Ponderosa/Casa and Hacienda, respectively), can automatically process Ore into all the resources that the biome has.

I've also done some refactoring of Pathfinder's Play Mode feature over the past few days and have extended it to all WBI mods. Now when you, say, activate Pristine mode, Pathfinder, MOLE, DSEV, Buffalo, and Heisenberg will all ditch their multi-storage ability and their converters so you can just enjoy the pretty models. Similar things happen when you switch to Lite Blue (formerly Simplified mode). Here's a preview:

WRff9Lc.png

You might notice something called Classic Stock. Here's a teaser:

AOCb1Ih.png

You can see its use here on the wiki.

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

-- Nostalgia intensifies after bringing up old resource plans that launched a thousand wild-ass speculations about KSP resourcing years ago --

Okay now that takes me back all the way to about two forum engines and asteroid mission plans ago, methinks. :) I remember seeing the original chart and wondering (a) whoa, when are they going to implement this? and (b) and I thought Kethane + EPL was already juggling a resource chain. :P (Yeah, good ol' 0.23.5-0.25 days, back when I was a little more innocent about KSP and modding (and keeping mod count low due to 32 bit, and I haven't heard about CRP or Interstellar or MKS and other game-changing mods yet), you guys have corrupted me into the dark side since then. :D). It would be interesting to see an interpretation of that vision. 

Wondering if the additional parts hinted at here may also have an effect outside of Classic Stock mode (apart from Pristine, I guess). Also, with respect to Light Blue, any hints as well on what templates would be included in the mode? (Compared to at present, where it seems only the Hacienda is simplified), and if some of the templates available in Classic Stock can also be made available outside of where the mode where compatible ('m thinking the Watney's Fuel Cell = EC + H2O is something I'd like to see in all modes, there ain't enough independent water generation mods out there. :)

Finally, I'm thinking you could also call Classic Stock mode "Founder's Intent", in case you might be in the market for a more punchy name, so to speak. :P In case anyone with political or legal acumen is reading this: Yeah, I know it's also the term for a specific branch of interpreting the (US) Constitution, blame the bar exam reviews, they are killing me, and I'm being irresponsible here playing KSP instead of studying. Ha, just goes to show I know where the future lies! (Yeah, right, I need to get back to studying after this post. Ugh why can't the international law portion just discuss legal implications of Mars colonization instead of the usual legality of extradition questions? I can answer that sh(yay!) up the f(yay! intensifies) wazoo.)

56 minutes ago, B-STRK said:

Okay now that takes me back all the way to about two forum engines and asteroid mission plans ago, methinks. :) I remember seeing the original chart and wondering (a) whoa, when are they going to implement this? and (b) and I thought Kethane + EPL was already juggling a resource chain. :P (Yeah, good ol' 0.23.5-0.25 days, back when I was a little more innocent about KSP and modding (and keeping mod count low due to 32 bit, and I haven't heard about CRP or Interstellar or MKS and other game-changing mods yet), you guys have corrupted me into the dark side since then. :D). It would be interesting to see an interpretation of that vision. 

Wondering if the additional parts hinted at here may also have an effect outside of Classic Stock mode (apart from Pristine, I guess). Also, with respect to Light Blue, any hints as well on what templates would be included in the mode? (Compared to at present, where it seems only the Hacienda is simplified), and if some of the templates available in Classic Stock can also be made available outside of where the mode where compatible ('m thinking the Watney's Fuel Cell = EC + H2O is something I'd like to see in all modes, there ain't enough independent water generation mods out there. :)

Finally, I'm thinking you could also call Classic Stock mode "Founder's Intent", in case you might be in the market for a more punchy name, so to speak. :P In case anyone with political or legal acumen is reading this: Yeah, I know it's also the term for a specific branch of interpreting the (US) Constitution, blame the bar exam reviews, they are killing me, and I'm being irresponsible here playing KSP instead of studying. Ha, just goes to show I know where the future lies! (Yeah, right, I need to get back to studying after this post. Ugh why can't the international law portion just discuss legal implications of Mars colonization instead of the usual legality of extradition questions? I can answer that sh(yay!) up the f(yay! intensifies) wazoo.)

You'll definitely get to see my interpretation of their resource plan, I put the finishing touches on the initial version this evening. :) It's ready for KSP 1.3.1, sooner if I get DSEV's update done before then. The hydroscoop and aeroscoop will be in a later update.

Lite Blue has the templates that you are familiar with. I might add more in the future but the idea is to keep things simple. Reduce complexity as much as is reasonable. That means you lose functionality but gain simplicity. But you can always add your own templates... As for the Watney, it already has a variant for CRP.

And the name Classic Stock is synonymous with Classic Rock. I like it as is, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

where can I find the "base rate" of the drills.  the description in the VAB tells me it is 100% on an asteroid and 30% on a planet, assuming I am reading that correctly.  and I get bonus for having a scientist along I guess...  but I do not see anywhere that tells me what the base rate is. 

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

where can I find the "base rate" of the drills.  the description in the VAB tells me it is 100% on an asteroid and 30% on a planet, assuming I am reading that correctly.  and I get bonus for having a scientist along I guess...  but I do not see anywhere that tells me what the base rate is. 

That's a good question, one that I don't really know. I use the stock drill code so you'd think that it would tell you, but no...

15 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That's a good question, one that I don't really know. I use the stock drill code so you'd think that it would tell you, but no...

12 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so.... can anybody tell me from experience what the rate will be on an asteroid for the gold digger?

Just in case you're still looking @Bit Fiddler: Found this one in the Tutorials section, see (find text function in browser) "Harvest Rate", but everything might be useful.

Edited by B-STRK

hey thanks...

so I assume the gold digger is the same as a "Jr." and will give me 1 ore/second on an asteroid.   and the convert-o-tron 125 will process 2.5 ore/second for monopropellant.  thus if my rig has 4 gold diggers I in theory could support 2 convert-o-trons.  (with a bit of waste). 

I guess I will build it as such; and launch it.  I just hate to spend this cash, and all the time necessary to get my rig to an asteroid, and have the math be wrong...  oh well I guess that is why there are save games.

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That's because the rate is dependent on where you are, or what concentration the asteroid has.  i.e. it is situationally dependent.  The part info shows capabilities without crew penalty/bonus at an optimum (100%) location.  So actually... it does tell you :wink:

3 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so I assume the gold digger is the same as a "Jr." and will give me 1 ore/second on an asteroid.   and the convert-o-tron 125 will process 2.5 ore/second for monopropellant.  thus if my rig has 4 gold diggers I in theory could support 2 convert-o-trons.  (with a bit of waste). 

Not necessarily.  Totally depends on the resource concentration on the asteroid or planetary location.  Converters are fixed, harvesters are variable because resource distribution is variable.  The part info shows max (100%) inputs, assuming you found an asteroid made of 100% ore, or a planetary location with 100% concentration.  Working backwards is just a bit of math... a 10% ore spot would have a rate equal to 10% of the max (adjusted for crew capabilities).

ah well this is good as I decided the second convert-o-tron was just too much weight, cooling, and power etc.  so I left it behind.  but I did keep all 4 drills; for aesthetic reasons...  ya the most important aspect of rocket building is they must look cool.  but any way I took the 4 drills and 1 converter...  so I guess that will work out for the best any way, as finding a rock at 100% is probably not going to happen that often.

On 9/30/2017 at 5:07 AM, Angel-125 said:

Someone pointed this out to me today:

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/new-mars-concrete

Interesting article about making concrete on Mars without water..

Molten sulfur? Well, apart from the question of if this will add a new CRP or Classic Stock resource, will this trigger an OHSA visit or void my kerbals' insurance? (No, really, I know this might be pushed to Science and Spaceflight if the discussion continues, but I never did thought that the element once known as "The Devil's Element" or something like that for its association with volcanoes and fire, and that in its molten form is used in the vulcanizing process and asks that its handlers wear appropriate safety equipment around it, would be used to make the walls I would be licking maple syrup off from--okay, I don't lick maple syrup off of walls :D, but I mean, molten sulfur? Yeah, just a little amazed here, and wondering about the implications of a very unusual binding agent. For a habitable structure. :huh:Yeah, I know sulfur soap exists,  it's just... gah. Engineering can take interesting turns sometimes.

On to a substantial matter. I came upon an interesting phenomenon. Remember I said I had a base on Minmus with Pathfinder inflatables? Okay, so that base's purpose was done, which was to support construction of a permanent infrastructure being set up. Part of that permanent infrastructure delivered to Minmus from Kerbin was a Conestoga to serve as an expansion point for Pathfinder modules, the important thing being that it carried its own OSE Workshop installed and pre-configured in the Hangar (so that I didn't have to do it in the field). The prior Pathfinder base also had an OSE, configured in-field, which had already been used to build a couple of parts. Since I didn't need the old base anymore (apart from one Casa configured as a Hab), I deflated the rest and stored them, along with the other noninflatable parts and a couple of 3-length Buckboards, these Buckboards never having been connected to my old base in any way, in a Chuckwagon configured as KAS storage. 

That's the historical context. The phenomenon is that I tried manufacturing a few items in the new OSE workshop, none of which ever showed up in its inventory, or in any of the inventories in the base (all inventories are with Pathfinder parts). After a few moments of being stumped, I tried taking out all the inflatables I previously stored in the Chuckwagon as explained above (but the Buckboards remained). Inflated those as well as a just in case to check their inventories, but didn't find anything (apart from a KAS port I forgot to take out of a Casa or Ponderosa, I forget). But only after I had emptied the base of any stored inflatables did OSE manufacturing finally drop its products in the base inventory.

Likely a bug, but am not sure if the bug is unique to Pathfinder because of its inflatable modules retaining KIS storage capabilities (in fact, should they retain any storage capabilities on deflate? I was surprised I forgot to take out a KAS port and yet managed to deflate the associated part (although admittedly it is possible to replicate in real life). Or if it's on OSE's end being confused about where to drop parts when more than one Workshop is present. Thought you'd like to know, though, just in case the issue crops up again. :)

42 minutes ago, B-STRK said:

Molten sulfur? Well, apart from the question of if this will add a new CRP or Classic Stock resource, will this trigger an OHSA visit or void my kerbals' insurance? (No, really, I know this might be pushed to Science and Spaceflight if the discussion continues, but I never did thought that the element once known as "The Devil's Element" or something like that for its association with volcanoes and fire, and that in its molten form is used in the vulcanizing process and asks that its handlers wear appropriate safety equipment around it, would be used to make the walls I would be licking maple syrup off from--okay, I don't lick maple syrup off of walls :D, but I mean, molten sulfur? Yeah, just a little amazed here, and wondering about the implications of a very unusual binding agent. For a habitable structure. :huh:Yeah, I know sulfur soap exists,  it's just... gah. Engineering can take interesting turns sometimes.

On to a substantial matter. I came upon an interesting phenomenon. Remember I said I had a base on Minmus with Pathfinder inflatables? Okay, so that base's purpose was done, which was to support construction of a permanent infrastructure being set up. Part of that permanent infrastructure delivered to Minmus from Kerbin was a Conestoga to serve as an expansion point for Pathfinder modules, the important thing being that it carried its own OSE Workshop installed and pre-configured in the Hangar (so that I didn't have to do it in the field). The prior Pathfinder base also had an OSE, configured in-field, which had already been used to build a couple of parts. Since I didn't need the old base anymore (apart from one Casa configured as a Hab), I deflated the rest and stored them, along with the other noninflatable parts and a couple of 3-length Buckboards, these Buckboards never having been connected to my old base in any way, in a Chuckwagon configured as KAS storage. 

That's the historical context. The phenomenon is that I tried manufacturing a few items in the new OSE workshop, none of which ever showed up in its inventory, or in any of the inventories in the base (all inventories are with Pathfinder parts). After a few moments of being stumped, I tried taking out all the inflatables I previously stored in the Chuckwagon as explained above (but the Buckboards remained). Inflated those as well as a just in case to check their inventories, but didn't find anything (apart from a KAS port I forgot to take out of a Casa or Ponderosa, I forget). But only after I had emptied the base of any stored inflatables did OSE manufacturing finally drop its products in the base inventory.

Likely a bug, but am not sure if the bug is unique to Pathfinder because of its inflatable modules retaining KIS storage capabilities (in fact, should they retain any storage capabilities on deflate? I was surprised I forgot to take out a KAS port and yet managed to deflate the associated part (although admittedly it is possible to replicate in real life). Or if it's on OSE's end being confused about where to drop parts when more than one Workshop is present. Thought you'd like to know, though, just in case the issue crops up again. :)

Sounds like something in OSE Workshop. I'm pretty limited in what I can do. Meanwhile, now that I have DSEV's Odyssey Two release ready to go, I'm turning my attention to a request by @JustJim for a meeting room for Pathfinder. In thinking about it, I came up with this concept:

p1kNNeO.png

aVImpP2.png

The idea is that you haul a big packing box the size of the Buckboard 6000 to your desired location, and then assemble the Ranch House with 20,000 units of Equipment. Unlike other parts, the Ranch House cannot be disassembled, and has no templates. Instead, the part has the following capabilities:

• Bonus to production efficiency for all attached parts. The more kerbals you stuff into the Ranch House, the higher the bonus.
  • Generates science data that is added to all attached Doc Science Labs (this data can already be processed into Science, sold for Funds, or published for Reputation). The more kerbals you have in the part, the faster it generates data.
  • It generates Reputation- the more kerbals you have, the more Reputation it generates.
  • Built-in greenhouse that's about twice as productive as the Hacienda's Cropworks.
  • Improves the odds of finding a GoldStrike node.
  • Serves as a hub for Pipelines.

I won't have this ready for the 1.3.1 release- I've got some bugs to fix in the plugins- but the Ranch House will be in the release after KSP 1.3.1. It's an intermediary step between the temporary structures and the more permanent konkrete structures coming in Project Sandcastle. :)

Edited by Angel-125