[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

I wish I was better at coding.  I have no idea on anything other than find and replace.  @DStaal, maybe you have an idea?  Seems like it would be something that affects the contract side of things, where for ISRU extraction quests, it looks for ModuleResourceHarvester OR WBIExtractionMonitor or whatever the name of the module that deals with extraction is?  Also, noticed while reading through that

//These colliders need to be switched between layer 26 (WheelCollidersIgnore) and 0 (default). When deflated, they're on
		//layer 26. When inflated, they're on layer 0. That way wheels ignore them when deflated, and you can transfer crew into the
		//module when inflated.
		//inflatableColliders = BodyCollider;TunnelCollider001;TunnelCollider002;TunnelCollider003;TunnelCollider006;TunnelCollider007

has the whole shebang commented out, and it seems like that last line may supposed to be in.

No longer needed. That was when KSP's wheels sucked back in 1.0.

2 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I wish I was better at coding.  I have no idea on anything other than find and replace.  @DStaal, maybe you have an idea?  Seems like it would be something that affects the contract side of things, where for ISRU extraction quests, it looks for ModuleResourceHarvester OR WBIExtractionMonitor or whatever the name of the module that deals with extraction is?  Also, noticed while reading through that

I don't know enough about the contracts system - and it would depend on whether it's a stock contract or using Contract Configurator as well.  (I'm assuming you can't write contracts for stock in .cfg files - otherwise I don't see why Contract Configurator would exist.)  I know a bit about it, but just superficial at this point.

21 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I don't know enough about the contracts system - and it would depend on whether it's a stock contract or using Contract Configurator as well.  (I'm assuming you can't write contracts for stock in .cfg files - otherwise I don't see why Contract Configurator would exist.)  I know a bit about it, but just superficial at this point.

Gotcha. It's a stock contract. I know a lot of mods make it so the stock contract system adds missions with components of that mod. Like Pathfinder, for instance, having the stock contract system ask for surface bases with Casas and Haciendas.  I'll muck about using different mods as reference points and see if I can figure it out here. Already landed the miner now, though, so the mission will be complete soon one way or another. I think the configurator lets you tweak aspects of missions in game, but I don't use it, so what do I know :) 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

This mod isn't working for me. I followed the "readme.txt," but.... Nope. 

What aspect isn't working?  The installation steps are pretty straightforward and will definitely make it work, since it's just the one step of dragging the WildBlueIndustries folder from the GameData folder of the download into the GameData folder of your game install.

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

What aspect isn't working?  The installation steps are pretty straightforward and will definitely make it work, since it's just the one step of dragging the WildBlueIndustries folder from the GameData folder of the download into the GameData folder of your game install.

Well... Actually, that's all I needed to know. Thank you. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Angel-125 said:

Press Escape, ang go into the Settings button at the top of the screen.

I just tried to start building a base and when I placed the Ponderosa IHM  I get this error.

[LOG 16:16:30.480] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFE68660][585.64]: OnStart: Landed
[LOG 16:16:30.495] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (loaded state True)
- 0 stock power producers 
- 0 stock power consumers
[LOG 16:16:30.500] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel WBI.BuffaloCab (loaded state True)
- 3 stock power producers 
[LOG 16:16:30.504] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel flag (Shores) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.508] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Ponderosa IHM
[LOG 16:16:30.521] Trajectories: Initializing cache
[ERR 16:16:30.547] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at kOS.Module.kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at Timing0.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 16:16:30.560] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at kOS.Module.kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

45 minutes ago, Vaga said:

I just tried to start building a base and when I placed the Ponderosa IHM  I get this error.

[LOG 16:16:30.480] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFE68660][585.64]: OnStart: Landed
[LOG 16:16:30.495] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.500] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel WBI.BuffaloCab (loaded state True)
- 3 stock power producers 
[LOG 16:16:30.504] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel flag (Shores) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.508] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Ponderosa IHM
[LOG 16:16:30.521] Trajectories: Initializing cache
[ERR 16:16:30.547] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 16:16:30.560] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Looks like a problem with Trajectories and some kind of Dynamic Battery Storage, none of which are from Pathfinder.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks like a problem with Trajectories and some kind of Dynamic Battery Storage, none of which are from Pathfinder.

I bet that has to do with the new TAC-LS dynamic battery then.  ok I'll check over there.

Hi, I'm looking for advice. When I try to inflate Ponderosa IHM, I recieve message "Insufficient skill to reconfigure/assemble the module. You need one of: System.String[]". I use engineer with full stars (science mode) and I have enough equipment.

3 hours ago, spectamen said:

Hi, I'm looking for advice. When I try to inflate Ponderosa IHM, I recieve message "Insufficient skill to reconfigure/assemble the module. You need one of: System.String[]". I use engineer with full stars (science mode) and I have enough equipment.

I have it telling me I need 600 Equipment. I watched the whole KSP Mods review and thought I was paying attention, and read what is there on the parts, I didn't see any mention of needing Equipment. Is Pathfinder designed for MKS only and I missed that? If not, is there documentation explaining these features? I just looked on the first page again and still not seeing anything there, and I also check KSPedia.

3 hours ago, spectamen said:

There is a bug that I'm working on. You need someone with the ConverterSkill (Engineers have that).

26 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

I have it telling me I need 600 Equipment. I watched the whole KSP Mods review and thought I was paying attention, and read what is there on the parts, I didn't see any mention of needing Equipment. Is Pathfinder designed for MKS only and I missed that? If not, is there documentation explaining these features? I just looked on the first page again and still not seeing anything there, and I also check KSPedia.

There's a Wiki page.

4 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks. Wish I had seen that, very good documentation :) If I wasn't missing it, please add that to your first message, I'm sure it will help someone else like me and they won't come asking questions.

It's on the first page already. :)

4 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

*sigh*

That's ok - you're not the first to miss it.  I've been Kerbal-ing since 0.17 and I miss stuff like that in threads all the time.

Oh, and @Angel-125 - kudos, it really is a great set of docs. I didn't start using this until recently, because I had a lot of issues with the early versions of Pathfinder - the mod has progressed immensely since then, and you've got on of the best suites of mods out there - very stable overall, very mature now in feature set and gameplay - and I've really been enjoying it over the last month or so when I rediscovered these.  Outstanding work.

12 minutes ago, panarchist said:

That's ok - you're not the first to miss it.  I've been Kerbal-ing since 0.17 and I miss stuff like that in threads all the time.

Oh, and @Angel-125 - kudos, it really is a great set of docs. I didn't start using this until recently, because I had a lot of issues with the early versions of Pathfinder - the mod has progressed immensely since then, and you've got on of the best suites of mods out there - very stable overall, very mature now in feature set and gameplay - and I've really been enjoying it over the last month or so when I rediscovered these.  Outstanding work.

Thanks! :) I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for Pathfinder, such as Project Sandcastle, so there's more to come. In case you're wondering, Sandcastle will make use of that Konkrete resource I've had in Pathfinder for about a year...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks! :) I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for Pathfinder, such as Project Sandcastle, so there's more to come. In case you're wondering, Sandcastle will make use of that Konkrete resource I've had in Pathfinder for about a year...

Awesome. What I like is that it makes use of resources, but it's not quite as complex as MKS - and feels more "Kerbal".  My only complaint, and one which is EXTREMELY minor, is aesthetic - I don't like how "flat" the inflatables are before deployment. (RoverDude's are like that also, but he hid it by putting in that roll-up lip thing on his parts, so you don't see that the inflatable part is 2-D until after it's already inflating and no longer 2D) OTOH, all your parts have IVAs, and MKS does not.  Also, I really like the unified pioneer / Old West nomenclature and how you tied everything together.

Not that it's a comparison, because the two mods, while similar, have a very different focus, methodology, and design decisions.  I really like them both, although as I found out, not in the same save game. What I'm really looking forward to in this one, is parts breaking - I mean, there's other mods which provide that, but so far, I think your design decisions on how to implement things are more in line with how I like to play my games.

and thanks again for all the work you're doing on this. I work on a development team professionally (not a coder - process developer / troubleshooting), so I have an inkling how much work it takes to keep something like this up to date and develop new features. The effort is really appreciated.

Edited by panarchist
spelling error

14 minutes ago, spectamen said:

I used Engineer, but couldn't inflate it. Surprisingly, it worked with Scientist :D.

There are templates that require scientists instead of engineers. All the Doc labs need a scientist as does the geology lab in the Casa/Ponderosa.

On 8/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, Angel-125 said:

There is a bug that I'm working on. You need someone with the ConverterSkill (Engineers have that).

I have two engineers trying to inflate a Ponderosa on the Mun getting that. I will try with a scientist for the hell of it but the error message seems to indicate the skill array you want to check against is unset/empty.

... and yep Scientist works for the Ponderosa. Odd but not tragic as we still got it inflated. So heads up for folks until Angel fixes it, take a scientist with you :)

Additional info, it's not just the Ponderosa, none of the modules can be inflated by the two engineers I have on scene. So the process of building a base for the moment is an Engineer/Scientist team, Engineer does all the work and positions and attaches the module, and then the Scientist just pushes the Inflate button, as our Engineers have a temporary Inflate-button phobia.

Edited by vossiewulf
more info

Here's a reproducible issue- load a save with a Kerbal on the Mun having a Casa deflated on his back. It's pretty spectacular, although I figured out how to save him with the rocket pack. Or I may not have and it was pure random luck. But Mitidin is definitely looking a bit more addled than even usual.

Edited by vossiewulf
clarification