[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Honestly I feel like the direction Porkjet will take things exactly the direction you're going. Good mix between realism and the 'cartoon' vibe KSP has going on. Looking funky fresh man

Aight. I'll try and keep working on it. The H1 still needs to get finished as well.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@CobaltWolf even though its barely even my model anymore, you're doing me proud. Looks fantastic. :)

7fa.jpg

On 6/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

They're also early in development I think. Numbers are probably not final. :P

The Isps are accurate, and the engines seem to be balanced enough... but in my head, I would assume that the H-1s would have more thrust (most likely for the same weight) as the Muo's 'Buzzard' engine, to make that Muo SLV-3x more appealing and capable then the normal Muo-II.

36 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Talking about RL10 ..

Juno, arriving to Jupiter July 4

*I am a snip in the wind, watch how I soar*

@CobaltWolf your Atlas V + Centaur (Muo + Inon) performed excellent! @akron said he could be doing Juno panels with the magnetometer.

I was again bored and anyway next month Juno will be all the rage!! :D

That came out great. Great presentation. I love the mission logos on the fairing. I'll try to do a planetary probe launch whenever I can get back  to playing KSP. I just unlocked BDB Centaur in my career game and a Duna transfer window is coming up.

1 hour ago, akron said:

That came out great. Great presentation. I love the mission logos on the fairing. I'll try to do a planetary probe launch whenever I can get back  to playing KSP. I just unlocked BDB Centaur in my career game and a Duna transfer window is coming up.

Decals they still work on 1.1.2

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

The Isps are accurate, and the engines seem to be balanced enough... but in my head, I would assume that the H-1s would have more thrust (most likely for the same weight) as the Muo's 'Buzzard' engine, to make that Muo SLV-3x more appealing and capable then the normal Muo-II.

The SLV-3x gets performance because it has something like twice the tank volume for the 1st stage, and the sustainer (which contributes very little to the sea level TWR) is replaced by the H-1, which allows it to take off with all that extra mass. In any case, the Atlas II has better performance anyways - remember that the SLV-3X is a pre-Shuttle design. I just thought it would be cool to include. I've included Ed Kyle's baseball cards for both launchers. Not the difference in payload.

atlas-2-2a(s).jpg

slv3x-centaur.jpg

@Drakenex looks great! My only critique would be that the payload fairing doesn't match the Atlas V 5xx very well. The new Centaur will include an interstage that includes a fairing base that goes out to the 5m/3.125m diameter. If you can picture the KW Rocketry 'expanded' fairing bases, it's going to look like that, with the bottom conic shape included in the part.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Drakenex looks great! My only critique would be that the payload fairing doesn't match the Atlas V 5xx very well. The new Centaur will include an interstage that includes a fairing base that goes out to the 5m/3.125m diameter. If you can picture the KW Rocketry 'expanded' fairing bases, it's going to look like that, with the bottom conic shape included in the part.

Yeah, but I was not aiming at a replica, more a Kerbalized look, like the KSO shuttle, using KW fairings + OSF looks closer to the real thing but again I prefer KSP "cartoony" style.

Not so evident there but I've increased gimbal rates for the RD-180 and AJ-60As, in order to make 3-2 asymmetrical SRB setup work (Atlas 551); I've ended up with just 1.3° of orbital inclination.

zWTA5fO.png

BTW, was the AJ-60A ever planned? KW ones worked fine but but but ...

No Hatch on the "Botticelli"!!!! 

Greetings, I have learned the hard way that there is no hatch on the "Botticelli" capsule.  This may very well be historically accurate, but for Rescue Missions in Career it is a pain in the rear. 

I love doing Rescue Missions in Career, lots of free Kerbals with experience.  The final stage of a rescue is to switch craft and EVA your Kerbal to the rescue vessel.  You can't EVA if there is no 'hatch'.  KSP selects a 'command' item at random and places the Kerbal in orbit.  It should be random, but I have just had three out of four missions scrubbed because the 'random' capsule was a "Botticelli".  I really don't want to remove it from my game (it makes a great Tour Bus) but I may have to.  Any help?

9 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

BTW, was the AJ-60A ever planned? KW ones worked fine but but but ...

Yes, I meant to have the Atlas V finished for the 0.10.5 release but decided to wait until I was finished with the new Centaur to try and finish that launcher.

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Could you possible make a payload mount, like on shocks, so you can have a small orbital engine on a large diameter payload without it looking funny?

I usually just tweakscale one of the flat-ish stock adapters.

1 minute ago, DiceCaller said:

Greetings, I have learned the hard way that there is no hatch on the "Botticelli" capsule.  This may very well be historically accurate, but for Rescue Missions in Career it is a pain in the rear.

Shadowmage has a fix for this issue.

26 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

No, like the center is hollow. Like the old KW fairing adapters, so the engine goes through a ring and the ring fits to the SM of the payload.

Not sure what you mean.

I'll be trying to stream tonight folks, the usual time ~6PM EST. It will likely start with a little bit of working on new SEP parts, followed by RL-10/H-1/Sarnus textures.

Edited by CobaltWolf

37 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

No, like the center is hollow. Like the old KW fairing adapters, so the engine goes through a ring and the ring fits to the SM of the payload.

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not sure what you mean.

I know what he means. Hopefully I'll be around for the stream tonight and I'll explain it. :P

On 6/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Also, RL10 revamp progress. I'm trying to keep it 'interesting' and so have been trying to figure out where I can inject color. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm dying to see where Porkjet takes the new stock engines' art style.

You and me both, I've wanted to make my own engines forever but I'm stalling because whatever I come up with might not jive with the new stockalike.  He could certainly do worse than to follow your lead though!

If you're looking for color, that beige line is enough for me but I've seen images of the RL10 with one of the bell bands painted blue, might go well with some of the other parts. 

Edit: like this: http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/11/26/rl_10a_large.jpg

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

34 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

If you're looking for color, that beige line is enough for me but I've seen images of the RL10 with one of the bell bands painted blue, might go well with some of the other parts. 

Edit: like this: http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/11/26/rl_10a_large.jpg

That's not bad. You could put some color at the ends of the pipes as well.

59 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I accidentally got distracted during the stream...

*snipzilla*

That is lovely! I can just barely see that hint of yellow at that angle. As you add more color to future parts, I feel it would contrast well with a bit of bronze. Maybe the thermal insulation? Or the pumps?

10 hours ago, akron said:

That is lovely! I can just barely see that hint of yellow at that angle. As you add more color to future parts, I feel it would contrast well with a bit of bronze. Maybe the thermal insulation? Or the pumps?

I was planning on adding some bronze/brass coloring! One more small pass on the RL10 and H1 and they'll be done.

3 hours ago, Jso said:

Cool. Are we keeping the old one? We'd have the A1, A4, and B2 covered.

I have no plans to keep the old model, though you'll be happy to know that I deprecated it so I wont break saves.

@VenomousRequiem wants me to make the shorter extending nozzle as well though.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I accidentally got distracted during the stream...

*Snippity Snap*

Amazing! as always, I have to ask: when can we see this being added into the mod? (I'm assuming a long time; H1 (I assumed, not knowing modelling myself) had modelling, particle effects, texturing and configurating; this would have to be animated and configged to have a mode switch)