[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

Put the contents of GameData inside your GameData folder - don't nest them

OMG yes!

I'm stupid sometimes, sorry!

I'll try again now.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I did it again, and the reactors loaded.

I took the MKS-L folder out of the UmbraSpaceIndustries Folder.

I hope it all works this time!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, the Kontainers loaded, I am now doing F+12 "ReloadAll".

OMG yes!

I'm stupid sometimes, sorry!

I'll try again now.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I did it again, and the reactors loaded.

I took the MKS-L folder out of the UmbraSpaceIndustries Folder.

I hope it all works this time!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, the Kontainers loaded, I am now doing F+12 "ReloadAll".

Why are you taking any folders out of any other folders? Haven't you grasped any of the instructions?

Why are you taking any folders out of any other folders? Haven't you grasped any of the instructions?

Yes, I did grasp the instructions, no need to get rude.

The reason why is because that was the only thing that wasn't loading. Once I moved it, stuff started to load.

I'm figuring this out, slowly.

Right, and here's the deal... never ever move stuff out of their folders. Put the stuff from the GameData folder in the ZIP into the GameData folder in KSP... done. That's it. Any other configuration is just not going to work.

Right, and here's the deal... never ever move stuff out of their folders. Put the stuff from the GameData folder in the ZIP into the GameData folder in KSP... done. That's it. Any other configuration is just not going to work.

Alright, I really did try that.

It just didn't work. A lot of the stuff didn't load.

I'll try again with moving KSP to somewhere else.

I'm so sorry for any inconvenience.

YES!

Everything worked!

And with this setup:

Desktop->KSP_osx->GameData->

000_USITools

Firespitter

UmbraSpaceIndustries

Anything inside those folders stayed the same.

Thank you guys!

Good deal, glad it worked. As I recall Macs have issues with folder merges

Yes they do :).

They tend not to like KSP that much either.

Thank you so much for your help, and I just sent the first KIS DropPod with MKS-L parts inside.

This is going to be great fun!

- Well, looks like the bits are physically connected - so odds are you're just running out of power. That's not a lot of solar...

- Scientist has to be in the same vessel to provide the sifter's efficiency bonus. The engineer presence is only for transmitting to nearby disconnected bases.

- I don't see it physically disconnected - is it? That's what is confusing me about your image vs what you are asking.

- Lights do consume power. If other bits are missing their lights, your release may be out of date.

- I don't understand what you mean RE Oxygen vs ISRU...

- Access the upper hatch with a ladder

- Attach them anywhere on the base and they will count.

There was a goof where the fertilizer resource was not defined - someone posted a fix earlier, or just borrow the resource definitions from USI-LS

Thanks for the answer RoverDude.

That's true, there's not much electricity available, but nevertheless it is only connected to one of the "section" of the base. A lot of strange things are going on; I don't know if some of them are glitches or I'm just plain dumb :(

First of all, I have just downloaded and updated to the newest MKS Lite version. Everything else works fine in my game. I'll post some pics when needed.

These are the ISRU resources I was talking about. Oxigen and Lf+Ox. What's that? How do I generate oxigen? Apparently it is not yet needed but I don't know if that's because I'm in Kerbin.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574565690954500446/A018BA4362C85BDB6A2051DE8CE64FF88F0FECEA/

The Hab does seem very connected to me, and I have tried deflating and reconnecting 3 times and the same situation happens. It still acts as a separate section; however, it can interact with these packs that I attached to the outer walls, and drain and replenish them. The nearby greenhouse does not interact with the packs, but does interact with the mini-lab and the scientist within.

Speaking of which, you mentioned a "bonus" from the sifter, but the fact is that the sifter does not work at all unless a scientist is manning it. Both facilities interact with the greenhouse and the solar panels. There are some power cores attached to the other wing of the base, that do not interact with anything unless an engineer is aboard. This explains the disconnected transmission that you mention, so apparently my base is not properly connected at all.

I launched the core and the pod and landed them with parachutes, and then I used KIS to attach everything else. I do not own KAS. Do I need to download that too?

Another thing is that KSP does not associate this construct to a single base at all, as seen here: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574566325555974842/73C9314A32AF544FA9347A6BEA822E5CDA9E6DF0/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574566325555975118/0C10ED29157A5EAB3A0C1A139DE21DE16017150E/

It calls the Hab "Aldard Base" or "Bill Kerman Base" and puts a "?" in the tracking station. The section with the mini-lab got the correct name, but does not even appear in the tracking station...

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks for the answer RoverDude.

That's true, there's not much electricity available, but nevertheless it is only connected to one of the "section" of the base. A lot of strange things are going on; I don't know if some of them are glitches or I'm just plain dumb :(

First of all, I have just downloaded and updated to the newest MKS Lite version. Everything else works fine in my game. I'll post some pics when needed.

These are the ISRU resources I was talking about. Oxigen and Lf+Ox. What's that? How do I generate oxigen? Apparently it is not yet needed but I don't know if that's because I'm in Kerbin.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574565690954500446/A018BA4362C85BDB6A2051DE8CE64FF88F0FECEA/

The Hab does seem very connected to me, and I have tried deflating and reconnecting 3 times and the same situation happens. It still acts as a separate section; however, it can interact with these packs that I attached to the outer walls, and drain and replenish them. The nearby greenhouse does not interact with the packs, but does interact with the mini-lab and the scientist within.

Speaking of which, you mentioned a "bonus" from the sifter, but the fact is that the sifter does not work at all unless a scientist is manning it. Both facilities interact with the greenhouse and the solar panels. There are some power cores attached to the other wing of the base, that do not interact with anything unless an engineer is aboard. This explains the disconnected transmission that you mention, so apparently my base is not properly connected at all.

I launched the core and the pod and landed them with parachutes, and then I used KIS to attach everything else. I do not own KAS. Do I need to download that too?

Another thing is that KSP does not associate this construct to a single base at all, as seen here: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574566325555974842/73C9314A32AF544FA9347A6BEA822E5CDA9E6DF0/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574566325555975118/0C10ED29157A5EAB3A0C1A139DE21DE16017150E/

It calls the Hab "Aldard Base" or "Bill Kerman Base" and puts a "?" in the tracking station. The section with the mini-lab got the correct name, but does not even appear in the tracking station...

Thanks in advance! :)

For LF/OX Stands for liquid fuel Oxidizer.

Hi all,

Thanks for the mod roverDude. I am kind of stumped. Trying to connect flex tubes to the anchor hub - i have the tube in my inventory and i select it and hover it by one of the sides of the anchor hub. The ghost is green, but if I click to place the tube, it just drops to the ground. Also, when i put the tube in my kerbals' backpack, it says " this item can only be used by a kerbal with the skill: <null> ". If I hold H over the anchor hub, the tube ghost turns red and if I click, it says " target object is not allowed".

I am playing career mode, and my engineer is 2 stars. I am assembling at the launch pad.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

G

Hi all,

Thanks for the mod roverDude. I am kind of stumped. Trying to connect flex tubes to the anchor hub - i have the tube in my inventory and i select it and hover it by one of the sides of the anchor hub. The ghost is green, but if I click to place the tube, it just drops to the ground. Also, when i put the tube in my kerbals' backpack, it says " this item can only be used by a kerbal with the skill: <null> ". If I hold H over the anchor hub, the tube ghost turns red and if I click, it says " target object is not allowed".

I am playing career mode, and my engineer is 2 stars. I am assembling at the launch pad.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

G

Clicking alone is not enough when the ghost is green. You need to have a tool (wrench, screwdriver) equipped and need to press and hold the attach button (usually "X") while clicking.