[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

10 minutes ago, Well said:

HOPE-XL is beautiful !

ESLIK ... DC-X inspiration ? i like it

Junkers RT-8 look very interesting !

In fact I like them all :D

ESLIK is a mix of DC-X and JAXA RVT.

The main stage of Junkers RT-8-11-8 is to big to use as singel part glider and to special to make it compatible with stock parts. The space plane Ju RT-8 can be build as single part like all other space planes.

Again and again you stumble over this daring concept when looking for reusable spaceships is on. The IAR-111 Excelsior was planned as a suborbital supersonic jet which fitted with an auxiliary tank and start from the water. Obviously, the concept was too daring, but did it fun to create a simplified model.

el8UIvr.png

I hate to ask, knowing it probably was already asked, but I can't actually fly any of the spaceplanes in this mod, the flip towards the tail end or spin out of control due to aerodynamics. Is there a fix planned or some way to fix it??

25 minutes ago, KSPNerd said:

I hate to ask, knowing it probably was already asked, but I can't actually fly any of the spaceplanes in this mod, the flip towards the tail end or spin out of control due to aerodynamics. Is there a fix planned or some way to fix it??

Well, the question is, what mods you have installed?

Examples:

- FAR works not with Contares!
- Spaceplane are not super versatile aircraft but rather sluggish and supercritical glider!

Following Mods make no trouble:

- Persistant Rotation
- RemoteTech2
- ScanSat
- Hulcam VDS
- PartCommander
- MechJeb
- ShipManifest
- TAC-LS
- all Plugins from DMagic
- MOLE
- InfernalRobotics
- CryogenicEngines

Ah, FAR doesn't work... that's what I was afraid of... I have figured out a workaround using mouse aim flight, but so far I only know it works with the Rexx-M, I haven't tested it with any of the other spaceplanes. Also, will there ever be FAR compatibility??? I love FAR & love this mod, and I love the X-20, I've wanted one in KSP for a long time. But to find one, & find that it doesn't work with one of your favorite mods... sucks, to be honest. Yeah, thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous comment!!

14 minutes ago, KSPNerd said:

Ah, FAR doesn't work... that's what I was afraid of... I have figured out a workaround using mouse aim flight, but so far I only know it works with the Rexx-M, I haven't tested it with any of the other spaceplanes. Also, will there ever be FAR compatibility??? I love FAR & love this mod, and I love the X-20, I've wanted one in KSP for a long time. But to find one, & find that it doesn't work with one of your favorite mods... sucks, to be honest. Yeah, thanks for taking the time to respond to my previous comment!!

The question is, can FAR calculate the aerodynamic of single parts in future? Ask Ferram Aerospace Research about the problem to calculate the aerodynamic of single parts.

11 minutes ago, adrianstu1998 said:

where i can download this rockets?

Aliyana 6 (Ariane 6), Kerlot (Zenit), Tarockot (Rockot), H2B, and a simplyfied Aliyana 5 (Ariane 5) are in the Contares version 1.7.6 included.

Part-Search by tags.

Example:

- 'A5' take you all main parts for Aliyana 5
- 'A6' for all Aliyana 6 main parts
- 'H2' and 'H3' for all H-II and H-III version parts
- 'KERLOT' for most ZENIT parts (Most of upper stage LFO-Tanks you become with tag = 'CST' [Contares Standard Tanks])
- 'TAROCKOT' for most ROCKOT parts
- 'ZIRP' for 'TAROCKOT' 3rd stage (ZIRP is the Contares name for the BREEZ/BRIZ upper stage versions)
- 'ALIYANA' brings up the most parts to build all ARIANE Launcher exclude the LFO-Tanks

Edited by hraban

8 minutes ago, Noah_Blade said:

@hraban  ALIYANA 5 and 6 have no attitude control or gimbal they just sorta go ballistic 

That's not true. Very probably have the rocket engines Gimbals, but these can only be used when a corresponding control unit was added. Contares offers 3 standard SAS and control units in the designs 1.25 / 1.875 / 2.5 m x 0.5 m and a sleek control unit (Tweakscale compatible) to.

I looked in the .CFG files... the A6 and A5 engines have a gimbal rating of 2 and reponse speed of 5 which is kinda slow

EDIT~

fixed CFGs to disable response time...I will get back to you after testing is over

Edited by Noah_Blade
.CFGs, Gimbal Response

Why big amount of the rocket parts are smaller scale than they should be? for example ariane 6\5 is 2.5 meter and not 3.75 and the zenit is 1.875 and not 2.5 , is it so it would be more balanced with stock?can you maybe make a config to rescale them to roughly 0.65 scale?

Edited by NeoFatalis

On 2.10.2016 at 4:43 PM, CobaltWolf said:

are these mostly revamps of your existing parts?

yes. Contares needs more parts that fits in a 2.5 m fairing. The P-180 SRB is a fictional part. VINCI as upper stage for A5/A6 is missing yet.

Progress successor idea comes from http://www.russianspaceweb.com/

tgk_pg_design_1.jpg

On 2.10.2016 at 4:48 PM, NeoFatalis said:

Why big amount of the rocket parts are smaller scale than they should be? for example ariane 6\5 is 2.5 meter and not 3.75 and the zenit is 1.875 and not 2.5 , is it so it would be more balanced with stock?can you maybe make a config to rescale them to roughly 0.65 scale?

Contares builds the launcher in 50% scale, so 2.5 m fits best to 2.7m by ALIYANA (Ariane) and 1.875 m fits best to 2.025 m by KERLOT (Zenit). There are no "should be" *lol*.

Edited by hraban

1 minute ago, hraban said:

Contares builds the launcher in 50% scale, so 2.5 m fits best to 2.7m by ALIYANA (Ariane) and 1.875 m fits best to 4.05m by KERLOT (Zenit).

hmm.. ok , altough most people use contares with mods that use roughly 0.65 ( Tantares , BDB etc...) maybe I should try to make a config of 0.65 parts for myself..:P

2 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

hmm.. ok , altough most people use contares with mods that use roughly 0.65 ( Tantares , BDB etc...) maybe I should try to make a config of 0.65 parts for myself..:P

Do something, just do not come with support requests if it does not work:P

On 30/9/2016 at 5:38 PM, hraban said:

Aliyana 6 (Ariane 6), Kerlot (Zenit), Tarockot (Rockot), H2B, and a simplyfied Aliyana 5 (Ariane 5) are in the Contares version 1.7.6 included.

Part-Search by tags.

Example:

- 'A5' take you all main parts for Aliyana 5
- 'A6' for all Aliyana 6 main parts
- 'H2' and 'H3' for all H-II and H-III version parts
- 'KERLOT' for most ZENIT parts (Most of upper stage LFO-Tanks you become with tag = 'CST' [Contares Standard Tanks])
- 'TAROCKOT' for most ROCKOT parts
- 'ZIRP' for 'TAROCKOT' 3rd stage (ZIRP is the Contares name for the BREEZ/BRIZ upper stage versions)
- 'ALIYANA' brings up the most parts to build all ARIANE Launcher exclude the LFO-Tanks

Thank you!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.