Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Just now, shoe7ess said:

With SVE alone I have not tested (didn't check Vall after I installed and ran the game to check the textures), I believe I overwrote EVE's base settings with the ones bundled with SVE, so I can get the latest version of EVE and install the base folder instead, and as far as I can tell yes, everything is installed correctly.

You need to use the included version of EVE and not any other version of it as some things may not be working. Do that and check it with SVE alone, if it is not present it's not something that SVE is doing.

2 hours ago, Lewtz said:

Not getting clouds.  Not sure why.  Using ckan 1.1.2 install  Here is log.

Goo to https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases pick from v0.6.4 what pack you like UR, HR, MR, for have problem like this i advice to goo to CKAN post & report to them, @Nhawks17 it was say many time it not support CKAN, i think is time to do a big Warning msg on OP

Enjoy it

12 minutes ago, Blacks said:

Goo to https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases pick from v0.6.4 what pack you like UR, HR, MR, for have problem like this i advice to goo to CKAN post & report to them, @Nhawks17 it was say many time it not support CKAN, i think is time to do a big Warning msg on OP

Enjoy it

Well I get the same result whether I use CKAN or not. Still no clouds, stock textures... Seems like its a little premature to claim CKAN is the root of this issue.

3 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

Well I get the same result whether I use CKAN or not. Still no clouds, stock textures... Seems like its a little premature to claim CKAN is the root of this issue.

k log what you provide SVE is instaling from link what i post & what @Nhawks17 YES / NO if NO then install from were it i say, post log agen KSP.log + output_log.txt

& before install from link what i say unistall from CKAN, make sure you will not have any EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements & StockVisualEnhancements left in Gamedata

6 minutes ago, Blacks said:

k log what you provide SVE is instaling from link what i post & what @Nhawks17 YES / NO if NO then install from were it i say, post log agen KSP.log + output_log.txt

& before install from link what i say unistall from CKAN, make sure you will not have any EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements & StockVisualEnhancements left in Gamedata

I installed this: https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/0.6.4/StockVisualEnhancements_0.6.4-HR.zip

Before that, I had it installed through CKAN, and uninstalled with CKAN, then checked gamedata for the EVE and SVE folders (they were not there).

You can find my KSP.log at http://www.blu3wolf.com/KSP/KSP.log

I dont have an output_log.txt in my KSP folder, where should it be?

k quick question do you not have cloud in game menu ? if you enter in game goo to traking station cloud there are there ? (game menu see picture)

C2U6CFl.png

Edited by Blacks

no clouds in game menu or tracking station.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263835861948444384/05AAEB0ED4C3CFB05A0084519FC9E17CF61E651C/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

From your picture... the clouds look great, but the planet looks like it uses the stock texture still?

Edited by blu3wolf

@blu3wolf errr looking in your logs i found problem found:
Go to Gamedata & delete / remove > BoulderCo < directory or move to other place that should fix your problem

Who & from were that was add atm i not have time to figure but remove that it will fix problem

Cheers

Edited by Blacks

29 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try downloading it manually instead of through CKAN. Also test it with only SVE installed and see if it works.

i think i found who generate all this problem with noo cloud check in his log 2 thing BoulderCo & Extrasolar, if Extrasolar  it bring BoulderCo  then it will scrue up SVE noo mater is install manual or true CKAN, but for be sure it need to be done a install using CKAN SVE & Extrasolar or rise that flag to CKAN management :P
paste from his log

Spoiler

CloudsManager: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	name = Javine-clouds1
	body = Javine
	altitude = 8000
	speed = 0,90,0
	detailSpeed = 0,6,0
	offset = 0,0,0
	settings
	{
		_MainTex = Extrasolar/ValentineSystem/clouds/basicclouds
		_DetailTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/detail1
		_DetailScale = 120
		_DistFade = 1
		_DistFadeVert = 4E-05
		_Color = 255,255,255,50
		_DetailDist = 2E-06
	}
	layer2D
	{
		shadowMaterial
		{
		}
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
			_FalloffPow = 2
			_FalloffScale = 3
			_DetailDist = 2E-06
			_MinLight = 0.5
			_RimDist = 0.0001
			_RimDistSub = 1.01
			_InvFade = 0.008
		}
	}
	layerVolume
	{
		size = 4000,2
		maxTranslation = 0,100,0
		area = 24000,4
		particleMaterial
		{
			_TopTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/1
			_LeftTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/2
			_FrontTex = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/3
			_LightScatter = 0.55
			_MinLight = 0.5
			_InvFade = 0.008
		}
	}
}

Edited by Blacks

I have tried the manual download twice before instead of ckan.  just tried the ckan hoping it would work where the others did not.

I'll try removing extra solar and see what happens.

Edited by Lewtz

4 hours ago, Tandoori said:

The clouds also appear to be missing from the southern hemisphere in that screenshot, and often when I start the game as well.

I get that too. And everyone who I saw using the mod. Might be a little bug @Nhawks17?

Edited by Sheppard

8 hours ago, Tandoori said:

The clouds also appear to be missing from the southern hemisphere in that screenshot, and often when I start the game as well.

4 hours ago, Sheppard said:

I get that too. And everyone who I saw using the mod. Might be a little bug @Nhawks17?

This has been a recurring issue for some time guys - since it only happens this way in the menu, it's not a high priority.

5 hours ago, Dermeister said:

Will this work with Korbin 64k? and KSP 1.1.2? If yes do I need to make any changes for cloud heights in a config file?

If 64k uses Sigma Dimensions to do its rescale then you will not need to change anything. If it does not, I'm not sure. I'm sure there might be some tweaking you will have to do on your own.

Hi! I wanted to let you know that unfortunately SVE is incompatible with the latest release of Poodmund's OPM-VO. Now I am not asking for a fix or saying this is you problem, because, well, it's not. SVE on it's own us working beautifully as intended. The thing is both mods seem to use a different EVE version and I believe Pood's included version, the latest dev, is newer since OPM-VO 1.05 had no conflict. Sadly, now either the stock planets or the outer planets have no clouds, depending on which EVE I install and that's a shame. Again, not meant as a complaint at your address, just wanted to mention the incompatibility. :)

1 hour ago, ChainiaC said:

Hi! I wanted to let you know that unfortunately SVE is incompatible with the latest release of Poodmund's OPM-VO. Now I am not asking for a fix or saying this is you problem, because, well, it's not. SVE on it's own us working beautifully as intended. The thing is both mods seem to use a different EVE version and I believe Pood's included version, the latest dev, is newer since OPM-VO 1.05 had no conflict. Sadly, now either the stock planets or the outer planets have no clouds, depending on which EVE I install and that's a shame. Again, not meant as a complaint at your address, just wanted to mention the incompatibility. :)

Yeah I'm aware :D  Poodmund contacted me about it earlier. I have unfortunately not had the time to get SVE updated to the latest build of EVE but thankfully Poodmund lended me a hand and did it for me! He just gave me the necessary things in order for OPM-VO and SVE to work together on this new version, so as soon as I get a get half an hour or so of free time I will put out a new update :)