Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Screenshots would be appreciated as well as screenshots of your Gamedata folder and inside of the StockVisualEnhancements folder too :)

Screenshots as requested:

It appears the cloud issue has fixed itself but it still leaves a couple other issues as can be seen, such as half the planet missing clouds and missing textures at the edge of kerbin and the known black cities bugs. The halo around kerbin is from scatterer also being bugged at the moment.

Im guessing the extra clouds was due to me making a mistake during installation as this is a fresh version of ksp.

Edited by Spagoose

2 hours ago, Spagoose said:

Screenshots as requested:

It appears the cloud issue has fixed itself but it still leaves a couple other issues as can be seen, such as half the planet missing clouds and missing textures at the edge of kerbin and the known black cities bugs. The halo around kerbin is from scatterer also being bugged at the moment.

Im guessing the extra clouds was due to me making a mistake during installation as this is a fresh version of ksp.

Have you tried using the fix blackrack posted? If you haven't try this hotfix and see if that corrects everything

10 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Have you tried using the fix blackrack posted? If you haven't try this hotfix and see if that corrects everything

Not yet, apparently half the clouds missing is an issue with EVE and has a fix in the pipeworks along with scatterer.

That pretty much just leaves the black cities which I assume I can temporarily fix by messing with the texture files.

6 hours ago, Spagoose said:

Not yet, apparently half the clouds missing is an issue with EVE and has a fix in the pipeworks along with scatterer.

That pretty much just leaves the black cities which I assume I can temporarily fix by messing with the texture files.

Yeah, I haven't found out what keeps causing the black city issue quite yet. It only does it sometimes which is just odd to me.

1 hour ago, DuoDex said:

Hoping to see another update soon!

Finals are this week so I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now :( After this friday I'll have all the time in the world though!

7 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yeah, I haven't found out what keeps causing the black city issue quite yet. It only does it sometimes which is just odd to me.

Finals are this week so I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now :( After this friday I'll have all the time in the world though!

Actually, I have been getting the black cities issue too, and if I switch into mapmode they stay on the monitor.

2 hours ago, DuoDex said:

Actually, I have been getting the black cities issue too, and if I switch into mapmode they stay on the monitor.

Oh? Hmm, haven't run into that issue before. If it happens again take a screenshot so I can see what it does. I mean the only thing I could think it is would be a bug with EVE as there really isn't anything I could change config / texture side that would cause an issue like that. The CityLight configs are super super minimal so I couldn't see how they'd break easily.

55 minutes ago, Speadge said:

Good luck!

Edited by Nhawks17

9 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

Alright, thanks for the info.

For now you can make oceans disable at a lower altitude to avoid that when you're in orbit, go into oceanSettings.cfg in scatterer and change oceanDisableAltitude = 70000 to whatever you want.

Hi,

I am using Scatterer with Stock Visual Enhancements. I am using fix for scatterer to fix the issue Spagoose is having and it works OK.

However, when I am at laythe, Jool looks exactly the same from orbit and from ground which is IMO wrong. Jool from the ground should look like something like the last image of this album:

http://imgur.com/a/JJDaU

I am not sure if this is due to SVE or Scatterer but can any of you guys please check it (using scatterer 0.0215). Jool from the ground looks something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/RuMrtQH.png

14 minutes ago, Grunf911 said:

Hi,

I am using Scatterer with Stock Visual Enhancements. I am using fix for scatterer to fix the issue Spagoose is having and it works OK.

However, when I am at laythe, Jool looks exactly the same from orbit and from ground which is IMO wrong. Jool from the ground should look like something like the last image of this album:

http://imgur.com/a/JJDaU

I am not sure if this is due to SVE or Scatterer but can any of you guys please check it (using scatterer 0.0215). Jool from the ground looks something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/RuMrtQH.png

It's due to scatterer, what you can do for now is disable the clouds on Jool through EVE (alt+0) brings up the gui, while waiting for a new version.

Just a question (not at my computer at the moment)

Do i need to install EVE separately or is it already included in the release ?

Also You guys said disable coulds on Jool, not Laythe, right ?

Will test it today when i get home

Just an update for everyone. I've finished my finals so I finally have more time for SVE. There's going to be a big project shift for the next update which some people may or may not like but it really won't effect anything. More details will come as I'm closer to the release but expect an update sometime this week.

13 minutes ago, jimmyfingers said:

Glad that you have finished your Finals, but is there anyway of disabling the city's and the city lights?

1 minute ago, Speadge said:

lol :D

try Alt+0; might be configurable.

You can do that or you can just delete the CityLights folder from /StockVisualEnhancements/EVE