Post EVERYTHING you know about the Mun Arch.

VincentMcConnell

Well, I loaded in the rail gun (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4886.0) and the SUNBEAM laser (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=6452) onto the BigTrak (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9404.0) and got them to the Mün. Which was fun let me tell you. The rail gun seriously threw the balance of the craft out. I added the lasers mainly to rebalance it :D

Anyways, the rail gun and the lasers did nothing to the arch as far as I can tell. I have three screenshots. The first is the impact of the rail gun (you can just see a little cloud of debris, I wasn\'t quite fast enough with the screen capture and it\'s a one-shot deal, so that\'s all you get lol).

The next two are the lasers focusing on the base and then on the arch itself. I held the lasers until they were just about to overheat.

I can confirm that there are indeed 2 arches, both seem to overlook craters if that\'s an indicator of anything. Otherwise without any geologic activity on the Mun it can be assumed that its kerbal-made 8)

I\'ve confirmed the location of the third arch, which is indeed underground.

Actually I can\'t confirm it really as I can\'t SEE underground :D

But as I\'ve never heard anyone talk about underground monoliths, what I\'ve found must be the arch. My rough (and possibly mistaken) calculations show it to be about 750m below ground. Coordinates in the following spoiler for anyone that wants to take a look at a barren landscape :D

12.454 South by 140.826 West

I haven\'t noticed the arches levitating, but my 2nd KSC buildings are a few feet in the air. Can that vary from one person\'s game to another? (Attached is my cart partially under the VAB causeway.)

I haven\'t noticed the arches levitating, but my 2nd KSC buildings are a few feet in the air. Can that vary from one person\'s game to another? (Attached is my cart partially under the VAB causeway.)

Part of my second KSC levitate as well, both before and after I added the modded settings.cfg to get faster game.

This is classified by the KSA. Don\'t tell anyone you saw this and don\'t tell anyone this footage exists.

In all seriousness all I know is

-they couldn\'t have been formed naturally(or if they have been formed naturally, a force unique to the mun is at play...and in only two positions)

-the texture is similar to the ground texture but not the same. Therefor the material is rather new(suggesting the anomaly is of recent creation) or of a material of it\'s own.

-when 2010 music is added they make an interesting plot for a Youtube video.

i was orbiting the equator, getting ready to make a decent to the equator arch, when i spotted something in the distance from about a 80k orbit.found the second arch, and made my first successful touchdown.

Yeah when I visited KSC2, my rover drove through the base of the launch pad, it doesn\'t seem to have a collision mesh.

• 3 weeks later...

I reached the two surface arches today for the first time. One I reached by driving a BigTrak about 55 km from my primary landing site on the nearside; the other I landed an unmanned probe next to.

The only new information I have to contribute is that at least one of the arches is partially buried. Thanks to a POV glitch I got a glimpse underneath the surface of the Mun, revealing that both sides of the arches extend many meters underground. So it\'s possible they are in fact closed loops.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it\'s a recent thing. I know that I crashed a ship near it and was left with the \'eye\' of mechjeb as the only part and was able to roll around and through the arch fine in 0.15. I\'ll have to see if I can recreate that now :D

Hmmmm, I wonder if it\'s a recent thing. I know that I crashed a ship near it and was left with the \'eye\' of mechjeb as the only part and was able to roll around and through the arch fine in 0.15. I\'ll have to see if I can recreate that now :D

It is a recent thing. In 0.15.2 i\'ve passed several times under the arches without any event.

(Although shooting at it with a high energy laser might have provoced a response)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.