[1.1.2]NSS/OctoSat-SOAR S3-A300 (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)[0.72- 11Jun16]

Nookos

5 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Thanks Nookos. I just slapped the engine on the bottom for now, also works ;)

I tried the dish, but it only works once with an action group until you send data, then it will no longer extend. Ah well.

Yes for now stacking downwards is the best solution. I could move all the side nodes to the bottom modules but it would most likely transfer the problem and we would have to build upwards only.

Regarding the dish I can't reproduce your problem. If I use action group I can toggle the antenna as much as I want. Even if I transmit data. However I need to use the action group twice to deploy it. First it goes from clamped to locked and then it deploys. Are you using version 0.6 with ksp 1.0.5? If you have more information to reproduce the problem I can try.

Edited by Nookos

Thank you for your sweet mod and continued updates Nookos.

I have not had an opportunity to try the new part out however I did notice a minor error for it in the log that it is looking for a NSS_M900_Normal while it only has a NSS_M900_Diff.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Aivoh said:

Thank you for your sweet mod and continued updates Nookos.

I have not had an opportunity to try the new part out however I did notice a minor error for it in the log that it is looking for a NSS_M900_Normal while it only has a NSS_M900_Diff.

Thank you

Indeed thanks for pointing it out. The normal map didn't provide enough improvement to justify the extra memory usage so I removed it. I forgot to update the material though :D Thanks.

Edited by Nookos

8 hours ago, Luciano said:

Hello! Amazing mod! is there a way you could make it compatible with Realism Overhaul? (Don´t really know if  i should ask you or them)

Keep the good work!

Hi! Thanks. I know nothing about Realism Overhaul and it seems complicated to me. So there is a lot of reading and learning to do before I know what is required. But it goes on my list as you re the second person to ask. However I ll work on that when I reach version 1.0 only. So if somebody who knows RO wants to make a patch before that, it'd be very welcome. 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Awesome! Scansat compatibility? Please? :3

Scansat instrument would be good. If DMagic is fine with the idea I ll work on that. But it s going to take time, my right hand has been and will be in a cast for a few more weeks..

13 minutes ago, Nookos said:

Scansat instrument would be good. If DMagic is fine with the idea I ll work on that. But it s going to take time, my right hand has been and will be in a cast for a few more weeks..

Man, that sucks (the hand, not the time it'll take for Scansat)...take it easy hope it's better soon

6 hours ago, Nookos said:

That would be great. SCANsat parts would fit in great with this pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you make some kind of B9-like universal fuselage that you can fill resources with (using Firespitter's resource switcher thing, or maybe in a RealFuels style?) to help keep part counts down. Doing a multi-satellite constellation (like OrbComm on Falcon 9s) is pretty much impossible as I will end up with >100 parts for a payload alone. Maybe do it in full octagon, half, and quarter segments; which could easily be made using part welding. Also could you make a radiator?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2016 at 11:27 PM, hieywiey said:

Could you make some kind of B9-like universal fuselage that you can fill resources with (using Firespitter's resource switcher thing, or maybe in a RealFuels style?) to help keep part counts down. Doing a multi-satellite constellation (like OrbComm on Falcon 9s) is pretty much impossible as I will end up with >100 parts for a payload alone. Maybe do it in full octagon, half, and quarter segments; which could easily be made using part welding. Also could you make a radiator?

I m not sure I understand. Lowering the part count would restrain the use of the satellite. I guess it is possible to do a one part satellite but what should it be? communication satellite? long range? short range? Science probe? what instrument? what engine? Right now you can pretty much create any type of satellite/probe with 10 parts. I m not sure how I would lower that. I could make a radiator though.

On 28/1/2016 at 5:12 AM, kaptain_kavern said:

Can wait to see this ... ;)

I m slowly getting back to work on this. But unfortunately it seems I lost most of my interest after my accident. I still hope I can finish it but it's going to be slow probably. Sorry about that. 

On 17/2/2016 at 7:38 AM, >The Amazing Spy< said:

Please can we have a beta of the SOAR and the A300 because I really really want them :) Also, will the A300 carry kerbals, and if so, how many?

I m going to try to release an update and beta version of the vehicles this weekend. This weekend's version will be far from finished but playable. The A300 right now seats 87 kerbals. :D That is way too much! When fully loaded my computer lags heavily. I will adjust it according to the feedback I get from the beta release.

On 12/2/2016 at 5:26 PM, MachoCyclone said:

Great mod. I would love to see the Scansat parts in with this. Also, the magnetometer and Radio and Plasma Wave from Orbital Science Mod by @DMagic. His mods are really great those two parts would go great with yours.

Yes Dmagic's mods are great. I m glad he is ok with featuring them in this modular system. So scansat and orbital science parts are on my list now.

This weekend I should be able to release the following update:

• New file location since Kerbalstuff is gone.
  • AntennaRange support
  • TweakScale support
  • Engines are using FXModuleAnimateThrottle instead of AnimateHeat
  • Beta version of the A300 and SOAR
  • Fixed MysteryGoo's texture

30 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

@Nookos I don't know if you already know, but you can add Ambient Occlusion to your textures. It really makes the texture look good. (I think you already know about this because your parts looks so much better than ones that im making for my mod) :)

Thanks @Joco223. Indeed, I use Mental Ray's ambient occlusion or I paint it when needs be, but there is more work to be done for beautification. Best of luck with yours :) 

I quickly uploaded version 0.6 to SpaceDock. So this mod is still available. Thanks to the community for SpaceDock and KerbalStuff.

@Nookos Thanks mate! I don't really know what  Mental Ray's ambient occlusion does or how it does, since i'm using bledner. I remember it's something from 3dsMax i think. (What do you think, should i continue with blender or switch to 3DS?) NVM, choose myself

Your mod is so awesome and useful btw. :D

Edited by Joco223

1 hour ago, Noah_Blade said:

oh boy this is great! i saw the dev images for the soar,and can you make a manned variant of it? I like the  Dreamchaser  but the DREAMER mod is a bit, overpowered...

Thanks. There will be a manned variant. The suborbital concept can be fitted with a passenger module instead of a cargo bay. And I m planning to create a fictitious orbital version that would fit on top of a rocket ( ESA hermes' style), that one would require crew instead of being a drone.

You, my friend, have a very, very nice mod on your hands. I look very much forward seeing how this evolves over time. 

I'm a sucker for satellite mods... AIES, BoxSat, SSR MicroSat, and now, this. Thanks for another wonderful addition to this list!

On 2/18/2016 at 0:21 PM, Nookos said:

Yes Dmagic's mods are great. I m glad he is ok with featuring them in this modular system. So scansat and orbital science parts are on my list now.

I didn't see this before my post.. You just made me even happier!

Edited by FiiZzioN

12 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

You, my friend, have a very, very nice mod on your hands. I look very much forward seeing how this evolves over time. 

I'm a sucker for satellite mods... AIES, BoxSat, SSR MicroSat, and now, this. Thanks for another wonderful addition to this list!

I didn't see this before my post.. You just made me even happier!

Very glad you're enjoying it. I hope it will take less time to finish it than it took to be at this version.

Here is the beta release for the vehicles. Alongside a small update for OctoSat. Version 0.65 is online.

Changelog for 0.65

• Modified the MM patch for satellite contracts. Now the stock survey scanner fulfills the contract too.
  • Fixed texture inside Mystery Goo Module
  • Added AntennaRange support  \o/
  • Added RealPlume support
  • Added TweakScale support
  • Changed Engines' AnimateHeat to FXModuleAnimateThrottle
  • Released early WIP versions of the A300, SOAR concept and its third stage. Including built ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.