[1.1.2]NSS/OctoSat-SOAR S3-A300 (Modular Satellites, Reusable launchers)[0.72- 11Jun16]

Nookos

11 hours ago, KronosHelix said:

Are going to make OctoSat 1.1 compatibility? I love your designs and current stock probe bodies are huge.

Yes sure I will make it compatible with 1.1. Actually only the dependencies need to be updated as Octosat is only parts. So as soon as BDanimationmodules is updated it will be compatible.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the animation modules have shown up in CKAN for 1.1.2.  I wanted to ping the thread in case this hadn't been noticed.  Assuming they work on the latest, does this mean we can see an update of this mod in the near future?

I really hope so because I am a huge fan of this mod to create probes.  Versatile, lightweight and actually cool to watch!

1 hour ago, billgarlic said:

I noticed that the animation modules have shown up in CKAN for 1.1.2.  I wanted to ping the thread in case this hadn't been noticed.  Assuming they work on the latest, does this mean we can see an update of this mod in the near future?

I really hope so because I am a huge fan of this mod to create probes.  Versatile, lightweight and actually cool to watch!

Oh that is interesting. I need to give it a try. I check everyday the github page for this plugin and there is no update yet. I even found out about another person who made a ?forked? version supposed to work in 1.1 but I tested it in 1.1.2 and it doesn't work. So I ll go check on ckan what they have tonight.

By the way, firespitter is updated so Octosat can be used in 1.1.2, the only problem is that the engines don't come out, but they work. 

Also I m still working on this project. Unbelievably slowly these days but I ll get it to 1.0 eventually.

In the meantime TMRO just made a spacepod about S3:

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know that guy...

You can let Space Mike know that I enjoy his space pods then. :) 

13 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

I'm using that animation plugin someone forked and your engines seem to be working as intended

I tried version 0.6.2 from Jesus Rodriguez, here, in KSP 1.1.2.1260(x64) and there is no animation in the VAB, no option regarding the animation in the menu, and it doesn't play the animation when staged.

Is there another version somewhere or you tried in KSP 1.1?

10 minutes ago, Nookos said:

I tried version 0.6.2 from Jesus Rodriguez, here, in KSP 1.1.2.1260(x64) and there is no animation in the VAB, no option regarding the animation in the menu, and it doesn't play the animation when staged.

Is there another version somewhere or you tried in KSP 1.1?

I got from that repo, but not from these releases, instead I downloaded the repo itself, just press Download ZIP in this link: https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDAnimationModules

after that you only need to take the plugin from the BDAnimationModules/bin/Release/ folder

EDIT: btw, I'm running 1.1.2

Edited by JoseEduardo

2 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

I got from that repo, but not from these releases, instead I downloaded the repo itself, just press Download ZIP in this link: https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDAnimationModules

after that you only need to take the plugin from the BDAnimationModules/bin/Release/ folder

Awesome. Thanks a lot! I first tried BahaSP/Plugins from the master zip file and then 0.6.2 from the releases without even noticing it was almost a one year old release.

It does work with that dll from bin/Release though. Great!! Thanks again.

As tomorrow is a holiday I ll have time to update this \o/

On 5/4/2016 at 11:19 AM, Nookos said:

On 5/4/2016 at 11:19 AM, CobaltWolf said:

@OTmikhail, @Nookos likes your space pods :P 

Awesome! Thanks for watching. @Nookos Are you affiliated with S3 somehow? I saw this mod when it just had OctoSat, now that you have the A300 and SOAR I could do some KSP demo's for them.... I'm sure they would love it and would be happy to support you, maybe even sponsor you. They were super friendly when I was preparing to make my SpacePod on them.

Edited by OTmikhail

16 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

Awesome! Thanks for watching. @Nookos Are you affiliated with S3 somehow? I saw this mod when it just had OctoSat, now that you have the A300 and SOAR I could do some KSP demo's for them.... I'm sure they would love it and would be happy to support you, maybe even sponsor you. They were super friendly when I was preparing to make my SpacePod on them.

Indeed, very friendly team. I am not affiliated with S3, however I contacted them for authorisation before starting this project. They were nice and provided me with their 3D models even. I am sure as well that they will appreciate seeing some videos of their project in KSP. But I'm still so far from completion and moving so slowly since december.

Keep up the great work with your SpacePods and TMRO!

6 hours ago, >The Amazing Spy< said:

Hey @Nookos could you please when making the IVA for the A300 use ASET? They just look so good!

Sure, will do. It's about time I give some attention to the initial idea for this mod, the launch vehicles. I might start with a stock IVA first and then make ASET and RPM ones.

Version 0.70 is available for KSP 1.1.2. I've been trying to update this for 1.1.2 but I'm struggling with the landing gears. So this update is temporary for basic compatibility and mainly about the OctoSat parts. The A300's landing gears have been removed for now. The update in pictures and the changelog:

Changelog 0.70:

- 1.1.2 basic compatibility update
- Added 2-way and 3-way RCS modules
- Added Side dish module
- Added Side Cargo Module
- Changed A300 flaps from airbrakes to actual flaps (they need to be linked to an action group to deploy)
- Added winglets for the A300
- Added TextureSwitch to the A300
- Fixed missing file for the SOAR cargo decoupler
- Added stock particle effect for the Ion engine

39 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Can I just use the NSS folder which I think is just the satlites and octo parts plus RCs modules?.

I dont want the airbus etc

Is this possible?

Thanks

That should work. The Octosat and S3 parts are separate and not dependent on each other.

Indeed. Sorry I forgot the readme file for installation in this version. But I just updated the first page of this post with the information. NSS folder is for OctoSat, Airbus for the A300, S3 for SOAR and its third stage. Firespitter and BahaSP have to stay.

On 5/10/2016 at 3:01 PM, Delta_8930 said:

The Octosat and S3 parts are separate and not dependent on each other.

Would it be possible to release them as two separate downloads? I love the Octosat idea but I don't need the airbus, and when using a mod manager like CKAN I can't pick only certain components (unless I manually modify GameData).

On 15/5/2016 at 2:22 PM, westamastaflash said:

Would it be possible to release them as two separate downloads? I love the Octosat idea but I don't need the airbus, and when using a mod manager like CKAN I can't pick only certain components (unless I manually modify GameData).

I might separate them once I reach release but as long as it is in development it is not planned, sorry.

I've been playing around with this, and it's something I quite enjoy the idea of. I also really really love that A330, and I would suggest a separate release of it on SpaceDock (once it's finalised) so that more people notice it!

I'd almost suggest splitting up the fuselage into multiple pieces for the sake of using it as a cargo airliner. Secondly, the engines seem a bit overpowered. Also, perhaps maybe you could simplify the wings up a bit, and set the airbrakes flaps to one thing. (Maybe they can animate coming up with very slightly different speeds, to show that there are multiple parts). Could you make the S3 decoupler function as a radial decoupler? It would make aerodynamic tests very interesting! Finally, the last thing I'd suggest is to make the S3 decal on the tail a flag decal, so that it can be customised by the user.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I've been playing around with this, and it's something I quite enjoy the idea of. I also really really love that A330, and I would suggest a separate release of it on SpaceDock (once it's finalised) so that more people notice it!

I'd almost suggest splitting up the fuselage into multiple pieces for the sake of using it as a cargo airliner. Secondly, the engines seem a bit overpowered. Also, perhaps maybe you could simplify the wings up a bit, and set the airbrakes flaps to one thing. (Maybe they can animate coming up with very slightly different speeds, to show that there are multiple parts). Could you make the S3 decoupler function as a radial decoupler? It would make aerodynamic tests very interesting! Finally, the last thing I'd suggest is to make the S3 decal on the tail a flag decal, so that it can be customised by the user.

A separate release might be necessary indeed. I can't change the name of the mod on Spacedock anyway so I will have to separate them I guess.

I've been thinking about splitting the fuselage. The problem is that I went for a close replica of the actual A300. So it's not perfectly horizontal, and the shape is not uniform all along..not ideal for interchangeable parts. Still I keep this idea in mind, and it would be great to offer some alternatives for this plane.

The airbrakes on the wings already have a difference, they don't deploy to the same angle. I don't have the files here to check, but I think they have a slight deployment speed difference too. I'll check that and maybe emphasize it more.

I can update S3 decoupler to surface attach radially and will give it a try but its shape is solely design for S3 thirdstage, it might look weird with anything else.

I'll try the flag decal module for the tail.

48 minutes ago, epsonik said:

Man, can't wait on the RO config, have you started any work on this?

Sorry, I haven't. And I have never played with RO even. So I have no clue what it implies..

I will give it a look soon because I have been stuck on the landing gears for a very long time. And I am getting nowhere with those.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.