[Plugin][See active fork] B9 Procedural Parts Modified

01010101lzy

@01010101lzy

The mod seems to be pretty stable right now. Great work!

I was wondering if you could change the Sweep angle front and back to have units of 1* instead of the fractions of a degree. I don't think I need that level of precision 1 * is more than accurate enough. Is there an easy way to re implement the upper limits on size for my personal copy? i have no issue with compiling myself, but I am just not sure where I need to make changes to re implement upper limits. I just can't think of a use I would need wings larger than the 40m limits for. With 40m wings I could make the largest modern aircraft in the world the An-225, so anything greater feels useless, and just leads to me sometime going way over the length I need. I don't expect you to change that for the mod now if you don't want I justs want to change it for myself if that is possible. Really just wanted the sweep angle controls you added that was a huge help in making wings. Thanks for continuing the mod!

16 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@01010101lzy

The mod seems to be pretty stable right now. Great work!

I was wondering if you could change the Sweep angle front and back to have units of 1* instead of the fractions of a degree. I don't think I need that level of precision 1 * is more than accurate enough. Is there an easy way to re implement the upper limits on size for my personal copy? i have no issue with compiling myself, but I am just not sure where I need to make changes to re implement upper limits. I just can't think of a use I would need wings larger than the 40m limits for. With 40m wings I could make the largest modern aircraft in the world the An-225, so anything greater feels useless, and just leads to me sometime going way over the length I need. I don't expect you to change that for the mod now if you don't want I justs want to change it for myself if that is possible. Really just wanted the sweep angle controls you added that was a huge help in making wings. Thanks for continuing the mod!

There's currently no way to re-implement the upper limits with the current build, but I'll add something to help you with this after I finish working on making this compatible with 1.1. If you want to re-implement the limits you can try changing the DrawField method into DrawLimited in line 2440 and 2441, and change the limits.

About the angle unit, I'll change it as soon as this mod is compatible with 1.1. Thanks for supporting and fly safe!

@01010101lzy noticed when using this on 1.1 that the control surfaces move in opposite directions. So when setting elevators to pitch active only. One moved up while the other moved down, I suspect it may have something to do with the symmetry of the parts i.e one is upside down while the other is not. I was using the latest 1.1 release from your github page.

2 hours ago, Jebman82 said:

@01010101lzy noticed when using this on 1.1 that the control surfaces move in opposite directions. So when setting elevators to pitch active only. One moved up while the other moved down, I suspect it may have something to do with the symmetry of the parts i.e one is upside down while the other is not. I was using the latest 1.1 release from your github page.

Issue got. Will check for solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for updating this mod but i have a slight problem in my game (1.1 64bit)

Right side of control surfaces act normal, other side moves to opposide, but only in visual (craft itself moves normally, so when i pull up it goes up,just visual bug i suppose). Do you know why is this happens or do you have a fix or recommendation for it?

here is a screenshot.

XkGj67.jpg

This last update to 1.1 broke all my planes and shuttles that used this mod.  I can't access the adjustment menu anymore.  All wings have been reset to default square shape.

Edited by Roxor

12 hours ago, Roxor said:

@01010101lzy I come here every day to check on the status of this mod. It was working in 1.1 at some point and now that it's broken, all my crafts in my carrier are unusable. Will I be waiting till 1.1 is final? or will there maybe be a fix sooner?

I think I would get a fix out this weekend, but I'm not sure. I'm probably going to be busy with my mid-term exam in a few days, so I'll fix it asap. 

Question for the mod dev(s):  in the older versions (1.0.5 and prior) the procedural control surfaces could be specified as a flap or spoiler, and the increment angle could be adjusted and bound to an action group for some more-or-less realistic flap/spoiler/slat functionality.  I have a feeling this was actually added by FAR and not a property of the procedural wings themselves, but I wanted to mention it here to show interest in it and see if there's anything that needs to be done on the pwing side to support it.  LOVE this mod, by the way, and thanks for working on it!

Ok I can confirm the procedural wings are now working, even on imported saved crafts from 1.0.5.

However, the symmetry on control surfaces is messed up. The all-moving control surface for example that I have set for pitch at the back of my spaceplane, one goes up and the other goes down. Roll and yaw are also messed up. It seems to be only visual though? Aerodynamic forces overlay (F12) displays the correct direction of forces for both sides, with both stock aerodynamics and FAR.

Still, my spaceplane behaves reaaaally weird when flying, and I'm not sure yet what is going on. I'll keep testing.

I've noticed an issue when using these wings with the Modular Fuel Tanks mod. I think it's probably cause by MFT, but I wanted to mention it here. When MFT is installed, I'm unable to change the shape of the fixed wing. The all moving wing and control surface work fine, but not the fixed wing. I've tested this with only MFT, Module Manager, and this version of B9 wings. Here is my log. I'm grateful for the work you do maintaining this mod!

1 hour ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

I've noticed an issue when using these wings with the Modular Fuel Tanks mod. I think it's probably cause by MFT, but I wanted to mention it here. When MFT is installed, I'm unable to change the shape of the fixed wing. The all moving wing and control surface work fine, but not the fixed wing. I've tested this with only MFT, Module Manager, and this version of B9 wings. Here is my log. I'm grateful for the work you do maintaining this mod!

Head meets desk moment...

@01010101lzy Fix should just be to direct FuelVolumeChanged() to FuelSetResources() if !useStockFuel after the volume calculation. (see my last commit for actual code)

Edited by Crzyrndm

22 hours ago, Midnight Jade said:

Ok I can confirm the procedural wings are now working, even on imported saved crafts from 1.0.5.

However, the symmetry on control surfaces is messed up. The all-moving control surface for example that I have set for pitch at the back of my spaceplane, one goes up and the other goes down. Roll and yaw are also messed up. It seems to be only visual though? Aerodynamic forces overlay (F12) displays the correct direction of forces for both sides, with both stock aerodynamics and FAR.

Still, my spaceplane behaves reaaaally weird when flying, and I'm not sure yet what is going on. I'll keep testing.

I've noticed this issue too. Unfortunately it seemed that there is no fixing method except deleting the mirrorAxisRef= line in each config  for now...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.