[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer, can you please make StripSymmetry feature usable in flight as well?

Sometimes I want to retract only one separate landing leg (to align vessel vertically on irregular surface), but i getting all symmetry-related legs retracted :(

Yes I can remove legs symmetry right before the flight, but what if i forgot to do this... I don't want to save my craft with removed symmetry, thus now I have to keep this in mind all the time and remove symmetry every time before flight.

(in flight StripSymmetry hotkey should be changed, Shift key will increase throttle for active engines)

On 1/11/2017 at 8:32 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

That's a KSP bug, not much I can do about that, sorry.

As a workaround, maybe you could add a toggle button that can be clicked to temporarily disable all of EER's key bindings.

(Actually, I'd be interested in a toggle to enable/disable EER entirely — features like vertical centering and master snap are handy to have available, but most of the time I want the stock symmetry selector and translation gizmo behavior.)

1 hour ago, Dizor said:

@linuxgurugamer, can you please make StripSymmetry feature usable in flight as well?

Sometimes I want to retract only one separate landing leg (to align vessel vertically on irregular surface), but i getting all symmetry-related legs retracted :(

Yes I can remove legs symmetry right before the flight, but what if i forgot to do this... I don't want to save my craft with removed symmetry, thus now I have to keep this in mind all the time and remove symmetry every time before flight.

(in flight StripSymmetry hotkey should be changed, Shift key will increase throttle for active engines)

Interesting Idea, but not for this mod.  I'll look into adding this to Part Commander Continued

29 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

As a workaround, maybe you could add a toggle button that can be clicked to temporarily disable all of EER's key bindings.

(Actually, I'd be interested in a toggle to enable/disable EER entirely — features like vertical centering and master snap are handy to have available, but most of the time I want the stock symmetry selector and translation gizmo behavior.)

Please create an issue on Github

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 5:36 PM, TK421d said:

did you ever find out what is happening with the hotkeys not working?

I've been having this problem too.  but its more than just the hotkeys not working, even clicking the symmetry and angles manually only stock function and angles are cycled.

edit:  i have no clue how, but the snap and symmetry ( X, C )  keybindings were set to <none> in the game settings?  idk how this happened.

Yup, had this issue as well.

Amazing tools! One thing I still need is a way to toggle an extension for the COM, COL and COT indicators, to show lines and planes that extends to a customizable ammount so we can properly check if a part is aligned or not, a small sphere inside the vessel isn't much of a help

Edited by EstebanLB

• 2 weeks later...

I am having difficulties with the install of this mod. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I load the game the editor behaves all wonky.  Every place I click in the VAB causes the Move XYZ axis graphic to appear where I clicked. Vertical snap isn't working. The stock game "pie slices" is not replaced with "2R", "3R", etc.   Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, rightto360 said:

I am having difficulties with the install of this mod. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I load the game the editor behaves all wonky.  Every place I click in the VAB causes the Move XYZ axis graphic to appear where I clicked. Vertical snap isn't working. The stock game "pie slices" is not replaced with "2R", "3R", etc.   Any thoughts?

Yes, that it's not installed correctly.

Please provide a log file so that I can see what's going on

48 minutes ago, rightto360 said:

are you meaninig the KSP.log file in my main KSP folder?  if so, how do i get it to you?

To find your log file:

• Windows (32-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: See ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Use Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other file sharing method.  Please do NOT post the log in the thread, just post a link to it.

Hey I got it figured out! I was downloading the wrong zip file. I was downloading the "EditorExtensionsRedux-master.zip" file from Github.  That was the one that was not working. When I downloaded from spacedock I got the correct file version. Thank you again for your help with what I think is a required mod for this game!

Would it be worth adding a small feature to this mod that enables the calculation of crew mass? I'm not sure if it's an oversight by Squad or not but the kerbalCrewMass in physics.cfg only affects mass in the flight scene. Would be nice if this mod could take that value and apply it in the editor.

I was wondering if anyone here experienced an error/bug in 1.2.2 where the parts category buttons (i.e. Engines, Tanks, etc.) stop working and you need to close SPH/VAB and re-open to get the parts catalogue working again?

The aforementioned has occured to me in 1.2.2 with several mods - I will get back home today and try to reproduce the issue on vanilla KSP + EER only - will also post logs if noone recognizes the issue from my scant description!

14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Would it be worth adding a small feature to this mod that enables the calculation of crew mass? I'm not sure if it's an oversight by Squad or not but the kerbalCrewMass in physics.cfg only affects mass in the flight scene. Would be nice if this mod could take that value and apply it in the editor.

Not really.  Think about it for a minute.  In the editor, there is no crew.  I suppose that something could be done by checking assigned crew, but if you just place a pod, there is no crew assigned until you either go into the crew assignment tab or to the launchpad.

On 2/13/2017 at 0:19 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not really.  Think about it for a minute.  In the editor, there is no crew.  I suppose that something could be done by checking assigned crew, but if you just place a pod, there is no crew assigned until you either go into the crew assignment tab or to the launchpad.

What about just using max crew capacity as a max for a slider that can be set from 0 to the crew capacity an old mod KerbalMass I believe did something quite similar. Just another thought I don't really care either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be an issue when using the strut snapping mechanism on offset parts. If one of the parts has been offset by the move tool the struts will always snap diagonal even when they were initially placed relatively straight

Edited by Mikeloeven

On 3/5/2017 at 5:50 PM, Zucal said:

Is greater than 20x symmetry available?

No

3 minutes ago, Mikeloeven said:

Seems to be an issue when using the strut snapping mechanism on offset parts. If one of the parts has been offset by the move tool the struts will always snap diagonal even when they were initially placed relatively straight

Video, please

• 3 weeks later...