The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 11/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, Just Jim said:

My sister was in the Navy, and still lives in San Diego as a civilian. One thing to bear in mind, if you're going to officer's school, I believe they still require a college degree of some sort... I'm not sure about the specifics, but check it out. Medical officer is a great career... If you play your cards right, the military will pay for a lot of your medical schooling. 

Also... be VERY are careful about Marines... most are anything but over-rated... and many are downright scary... luckily they're on our side... :wink:

Yup.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

39 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Hey, I live near a marine base. ALL OF MY FRIENDS are marines or come from a marine family. Every day I hear explosions that rattle my house from the 105 mm howitzers that they do live-fire training with. 

:sticktongue:

Ahhh, then you know the deal... :wink:

56 minutes ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

Kinda

Sorry... Florida is kinda backwards... wait, no kinda... Florida is backwards! Our summers are way too hot to go outside and do anything for more than a few minutes... along with the occasional tropical storm and/or hurricane. But the winters here can be amazing. That's why everyone comes here from around the world in the winter. Running joke is winter in Florida usually happens sometime in February... on a Tuesday... and at the very worst may last 2-3 days.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhh, then you know the deal... :wink:

Sorry... Florida is kinda backwards... wait, no kinda... Florida is backwards! Our summers are way too hot to go outside and do anything for more than a few minutes... along with the occasional tropical storm and/or hurricane. But the winters here can be amazing. That's why everyone comes here from around the world in the winter. Running joke is winter in Florida usually happens sometime in February... on a Tuesday... and at the very worst may last 2-3 days.

Bit like British Summers then, sometime between July an September, for a day or 2.

Mind it's been nice for the last few years.

Now back on topic.

Ok can't wait, as I've been busy had to catchup, so feel like I'm binge reading.

So in a bit of a KSP tradition, MOAR pls?

Lol.

15 hours ago, Pretorian28715 said:

Now back on topic.

Ok can't wait, as I've been busy had to catchup, so feel like I'm binge reading.

So in a bit of a KSP tradition, MOAR pls?

Oh, absolutely there's Moar coming!  :D

I had a chance to do a lot today, actually. But I'm adding in another element to the chapter... it didn't feel realistic...

Wait... realistic??? Coming from the guy that stuffed a brain in a jar??? hmmm...  :confused:

No, seriously, it didn't feel quite right again, but this time I came up with a really fun way to address it... And what I threw together today tested out great! Should be able to wrap that part up tomorrow morning... maybe get the whole thing done by this weekend.

Edited by Just Jim

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Wait... realistic??? Coming from the guy that stuffed a brain in a jar???

But it's such a  believable brain in a jar. 

also, one of the more complex and interesting character developments  told in this forum. I get such a Londo Mollari vibe from Thompberry. 

"Everybody's cute!"

"Even I am cute!"

"But in purple, I am stunning!"

39 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

But it's such a  believable brain in a jar. 

also, one of the more complex and interesting character developments told in this forum. I get such a Londo Mollari vibe from Thompberry. 

"Everybody's cute!"

"Even I am cute!"

"But in purple, I am stunning!"

Oh, absolutely! I loved Londo, and there is a LOT of him in Thompberry!  In fact, not only is this one of my absolutely favorite scenes of his... it's somewhat on-topic, because in many ways this is also a hint and spoiler from just a couple more chapters down the road... 

35 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

I think this might be the most chilling scene in the entire show.  even more so than Clark's Scorched Earth message.

Agreed!

This is my other favorite Londo scene, which, again, is actually somewhat on-topic, because Thompberry is very much inspired by how Londo speaks, etc...  :wink:

And then there's this... the coldest Londo scene of all... 

OK... back to the story... all that stuff I said I tested and got ready yesterday?? Well, it was a smashing success today!!! No pun intended... hehehe... The screenshots are brilliant! :)

Edited by Just Jim

4 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I just hope the next chapter's gonna be up anytime soon, things seem to have slowed down alot recently for whatever reasons there may be.

There's no way around it. The longer and more detailed I make the chapters, the longer it takes to get everything ready. Plus the last couple chapters I've been doing the road trip. The Platypus has gone just over 2100 kilometers around the planet... and even being a speed demon on land, that's taken several days now. Sure, I could use something like HyperEdit and jump from one point to the next, but where's the fun in that? I want to do this Elcano without cheating.

I've also been doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes... like the last couple days. I don't want to say what I've been up to, but it's to make things a little more realistic, and something I've never attempted before... and much to my surprise, it worked! 

At this point, now that yesterday is done, I need to do a bunch of "conversation shots"... pics of kerbals standing and sitting around talking. Those can take a while because kerbals don't walk the fastest, and it can be time consuming positioning a bunch of them so they all look right. Then I have one more drive and swim... about 200-300 kilometers, so that will go fairly quick, and then the shots for the end of the chapter... which are super top secret, but should only take a day or so.

Edited by Just Jim

OK, so yeah, I got sidetracked and it's taking a long time again.

But to be totally honest, I don't care... this has been too much fun!!!  :D

I wish I could show y'all what I'm up to, but I'm not gonna ruin it with too many spoilers... just trust me, please...   :wink:

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

just trust me, please... 

You haven't failed to give us a chapter yet!

(ok maybe you've been late on some... point is you got them to us.)

On 08/11/2017 at 2:11 PM, Just Jim said:

At this point, now that yesterday is done, I need to do a bunch of "conversation shots"... pics of kerbals standing and sitting around talking. Those can take a while because kerbals don't walk the fastest, and it can be time consuming positioning a bunch of them so they all look right. Then I have one more drive and swim... about 200-300 kilometers, so that will go fairly quick, and then the shots for the end of the chapter... which are super top secret, but should only take a day or so.

Yeh no kidding, I got incredibly frustrated just evacuating 25 Kerbals from my minmus base to the transport ship, I can only imagine how hard it is to get them all standing where you want them.  And of course on minmus the run button just makes them fall over... jet packs do work though so long as there are none of those magnetic solar panels around.

Great work so far btw :)

5 hours ago, Oiff said:

Yeh no kidding, I got incredibly frustrated just evacuating 25 Kerbals from my minmus base to the transport ship, I can only imagine how hard it is to get them all standing where you want them.

Yeah, this is by far the most time consuming part... the worst is trying to think of every conversation in the chapter, and making sure I have pics to go long with all of them. Plus I'm building some stuff with KIS, so I only got about half of what I was hoping to get done today... but I'm getting there.

On 11/9/2017 at 4:14 PM, Just Jim said:

Yeah, this is by far the most time consuming part... the worst is trying to think of every conversation in the chapter, and making sure I have pics to go long with all of them. Plus I'm building some stuff with KIS, so I only got about half of what I was hoping to get done today... but I'm getting there.

KIS and KAS are awesome mods, but they are time consuming to use. 

Hey everyone... so if you haven't read the Destroy the KSC weekly challenge thread, I got a little sidetracked the last couple days. Sorry... blame @linuxgurugamer and @Badiefor posting a really good one... Just kidding!!!  :D

What happened is I couldn't concentrate... I was trying to do Emiko screenshots, but I couldn't get the challenge out of my head. And the more I realized how involved and complicated it could be taking out the entire KSC, the worse it got, until I finally had to stop working on Emiko and deal with it. And I'm super-happy to say I finally got it yesterday afternoon!  Woohoo!

There are two exceptionally long videos on the challenge page, plus this... the 6-minute finale, "Flight of the Valkyrie"... I have to show it off again, it's too "Kerbal" not to. 

OK, back to the story... I'm still about 1-2 days from finishing up the screenshots... but all the complicated stuff is done, I just need the shots for the end of the chapter. I need to sort through what I have and pick up where I left off.  I'm not going to predict when I'll be done, because I always get it wrong... but it should only be a few days.

On 11/14/2017 at 12:38 PM, Thedrelle said:

KIS and KAS are awesome mods, but they are time consuming to use. 

Yeah they are... that's this morning's project, fun with KIS/KAS again. :)

Edited by Just Jim

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh crap, I finished up the screenshots late last night, only to wake up and find out I got no internet. Spent all morning on the phone, and long story short, I can't get a repairman out here until the end of the month.  :mad:

Sorry. :(

Hm... It might kill your data, but sending them through your phone with a USB cable might be a thought.

Don't do it if you don't want to, but just saying...

Just now, greenTurtle1134 said:

Hm... It might kill your data, but sending them through your phone with a USB cable might be a thought.

Don't do it if you don't want to, but just saying...

Actually, I could probably type the whole thing from my phone, but I didn't have a chance to upload any of the screenshots to Imgur yet, and I need the Internet for that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.