Just Jim

The Saga of Emiko Station - Volume I - Complete

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Well, Thomp did identify himself as their step-dad. Parental figures are always particularly vulnerable to their childrens' shenanigans, and he may be doubly vulnerable due to being a cyborg. My kerbucks are on the twins :) 

I call that "Making smoke come out of [the robot/cyborg/other's] ears."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Thompberry will use his newfound powers to attack Harfield?

What ever happened to Omega-77?

Will these questions ever be answered?

Find out in part 40.....?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right, I got pretty much everything I wanted done today.  If nothing unexpected happens I should be able to take screenshots in the morning, and maybe get the next chapter posted late tomorrow sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay @Just Jim! Could you give us a little preview of the next chapter? I'm so excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

.. no Halligan on board

Given that the Halligan is the most awesome destructive implement ever created by Humankind (even in the opinion of an old nuclear-capable artilleryman) that's probably just as well.  I shudder to think what might happen if Thompberry ever get his hands on gained control of one.  But OTOH, I so love the things, I'm disappointed they're not standard equipment on your ships :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Easter guys!!:D

Edited by AccidentsHappen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 words    

NUKE EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Given that the Halligan is the most awesome destructive implement ever created by Humankind (even in the opinion of an old nuclear-capable artilleryman) that's probably just as well.  I shudder to think what might happen if Thompberry ever get his hands on gained control of one.  But OTOH, I so love the things, I'm disappointed they're not standard equipment on your ships :)

I have to admit, I didn't recognize the name at first and had to look it up.  When I saw what you meant, I knew they couldn't have one onboard, or they just might be able to escape...  :wink:

 

8 hours ago, AccidentsHappen said:

Happy Easter guys!!:D

And to you too!!  thank you!  :cool:

 

11 hours ago, max_creative said:

Yay @Just Jim! Could you give us a little preview of the next chapter? I'm so excited!

what... and give away the surprise???   :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh.... opps.... rats..... minor setback.  I just blew up something I wasn't supposed to.  Not terribly game breaking or anything, but I'm going to have to re-do about half the stuff I did yesterday. 

But first I'm doing a major game back-up, just in case... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, between me screwing up and then the rain knocking the power out for a bit, I'm not gonna make it today, sorry.

But hey, I saw @Parkaboy just posted a new chapter. That should be really good!  Y'all should go check his out today and I'll try to get mine done for tomorrow.

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww man.... I was just checking out some of the new 1.1 IVA cutaway views, and they are killing me!!!  

I could so seriously use that cutaway view for this next chapter right now.... argggg!!!!   

I know it shouldn't be long now, but I feel like a little kid a couple weeks before Christmas.... :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Awwww man.... I was just checking out some of the new 1.1 IVA cutaway views, and they are killing me!!!  

I could so seriously use that cutaway view for this next chapter right now.... argggg!!!!   

I know it shouldn't be long now, but I feel like a little kid a couple weeks before Christmas.... :D

 

They definitely look awesome!!! I wonder why it would help you to do the next chapter... I guess we'll find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

They definitely look awesome!!! I wonder why it would help you to do the next chapter... I guess we'll find out.

Without giving anything away, it's pretty much impossible for me to get a good screenshot showing who's sitting in something like the mk-1 cockpit or a command copula.  This new cutaway view looks like It will open up all sorts of new ways to get a shot of someone like Kerenna, for example, inside her cockpit. 

Also right now I need a third person in back of something like the mk2 or mk3 passenger section to get a shot of people seated in the front.  I read there's supposed to be something to fix this.... that would be unbelievably helpful!

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AccidentsHappen said:

Happy Easter guys!!:D

Happy Easter to you as well!

 

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Without giving anything away, it's pretty much impossible for me to get a good screenshot showing who's sitting in something like the mk-1 cockpit or a command copula.  This new cutaway view looks like It will open up all sorts of new ways to get a shot of someone like Kerenna, for example, inside her cockpit. 

Also right now I need a third person in back of something like the mk2 or mk3 passenger section to get a shot of people seated in the front.  I read there's supposed to be something to fix this.... that would be unbelievably helpful!

FreeIVA is probably your best bet. If you want, I can ask @BahamutoD to add IVA options to camera tools... Oh, and have you considered getting movie time? It's a great mod for films or Screenshots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, one of my old spud-nick probes has awakened again...

and started lifting one of my cuberoves to who knows where..Iner9uj.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how I think Thompberrys device would work, with some 'facts' which you have given or which can be derivated from the story to support it:

     1.        The stones are alive, the rock lady basically says this, and they also seem to react on certain stimuli.

a.       They are also a hivemind, as the things the rock lady hears are not only from the mun.

b.      They have an instinct of self-preservation, as almost every animal has that.

2.       The elder kraken has made Thompsberrys probe core thingy and is a god/alien from a warpcapable civilization.

3.       Fuel lines in kerbal ships can be changed mid-flight. The proof is that you can transfer trough claws which are attached in flight. Probes can do this as well, so a computer does this.

 

One thing all living beings do is react,  for example if you give a kerbal the stimuli of seeing a snack machine he will get some money and use it to get snacks. The stones will also react to a certain stimulus. Probably one thing they can do is change the amount of gravioli they emit. All Thompberry has to do is make a chemical compound which work as a hormone which lets the stone make an insane amount of gravioli.

He has years to experiment with oxidizer, liquid fuel and monoprop, and probably some air as well. So eventually he finds this compound, now he makes so much of it that if he released it the stone would launch him away, probably to like 0.9c. he then waits till this trajectory is gonna hit ike, and fires his fuel through a line he made from a cockpit( where he stored it) to the thrusters, it hits the stone and that now emits a huge burst of gravioli which pushes away the rover, totally destroying it.

The only thing surviving is the pod made by the kraken, which can sustain almost infinite g-forces.

Now the stone at the base becomes active, because it notices one of its brothers under insane pain and pressure. It goes on alert and ‘looks’ to the Jool system. It senses something approaching at relativistic speeds! Now an instinct of self-preservation activates: if that thing impacts at such speed it would probably destroy Ike totally. So it too makes a gravioli burst, which slows Thompberry down back to a speed of almost zero. Warp complete

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

FreeIVA, I think it is.Never used it, but I've heard mention of it on the devnotes.

 

12 hours ago, Andem said:

FreeIVA is probably your best bet. If you want, I can ask @BahamutoD to add IVA options to camera tools... Oh, and have you considered getting movie time? It's a great mod for films or Screenshots!

I tried it, but I'm getting a weird little graphics glitch.  A small grey rectangle in the upper left of the screen that's not supposed to be there.  And if it gives a cutaway view, I'm not finding it.

I haven't heard of movie view.  It's a mod, not a 3rd party software package?

 

2 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

This is how I think Thompberry's device would work, with some 'facts' which you have given or which can be derivated from the story to support it:

This is really well thought out... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

 

I tried it, but I'm getting a weird little graphics glitch.  A small grey rectangle in the upper left of the screen that's not supposed to be there.  And if it gives a cutaway view, I'm not finding it.

I haven't heard of movie view.  It's a mod, not a 3rd party software package?

 

This is really well thought out... 

Hmm. I don't know what could cause that. It doesn't, but free IVA allows you to move kerbals around. You Used to be able to go through the walls, but the dev added a collision mesh to the parts. 

A mod, and honestly it's a must-have for me.

Incredibly thought out... Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2016 at 7:35 AM, Just Jim said:

I have to admit, I didn't recognize the name at first and had to look it up.  When I saw what you meant, I knew they couldn't have one onboard, or they just might be able to escape...  :wink:

Now you're gonna go buy one, right?  You can get them chromed with a display rack to hang on the wall over your desk :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Now you're gonna go buy one, right?  You can get them chromed with a display rack to hang on the wall over your desk :)

 

It's funny, all those years I heard my dad mentioning those I thought it was a "hooligan" tool. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Now you're gonna go buy one, right?  You can get them chromed with a display rack to hang on the wall over your desk :)

I am really tempted, but right now all my extra play money is going towards a new computer...  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.