What other games do you play besides KSP?

adsii1970

Last week, during the Steam sale, I picked up two more games. Since the early 1980s, with my TRS-80 (Tandy Radio Shack 80), and each edition of PC Magazine, I would spend days and hours programming the latest game so I could make the square move and launch other squares... and from that point, I was hooked. Since we ask and answer all kinds of questions on the forum, I decided to do a quick search to see if anyone had asked this before - and couldn't find a thread like it (I might be mistaken, but gave up after thirty minutes). Anyhow, here's the question, and I will even share my answers with you:

When you have the opportunity to do so, what are other games you play besides KSP?

Here's the list of games I often play when I am not playing KSP (and this is in no sort of order):

• Banished
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V
  • Sid Meier's Beyond Earth
  • Sid Meier's Spaceships
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Industry Tycoon II
  • Tropico
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon II

-Verdun:

Verdun is a great WW1 shooter (online) where you need to capture the enemies trench, in the middle of the trenches is no mansland, if you don't take cover you can count on getting sniped. Oh and no kill cams and one shot kills so it shows how merciless the great war was. 

-prison architect

-wolfenstein

-civ V

Edited by ToukieToucan

I play.. everything. I'm an addict. Help!

But really. It would be easer for me to list the mentionworthy titles of the past decades that I didn't play. Though I'm going trough a forced withdrawal - only played KSP this year. ^_^

- World of Warcraft (Cataclysm on a free server, not willing to play the monthly fee)

- Cities: Skylines (For relaxation)

- Dishonored

- Skyrim

... and that's about it. I used to play a lot when I was still studying, but lately I'm too busy to really play anything.

Take on Mars (from time to time)

Elite Dangerous (ofter while watching netflixx, waiting to pick up the next batch of Power Play supplies)

Star Citizen (occasional training with the crew :wink: )

GTA V (irregularly online, completely forgot about the single player until just now!)

Payday 2 (not as often as a few months back)

Working through my collection of adventures and similar story containing games - with no real effect - I want to go back to school! :P No not really ... or would I?

Uhhh,

A lot.

• Americas Army: Proving grounds *not much anymore as PC can no longer handle it*
  • Arma 3 *free trial, havn't bought yet*
  • Castle Crashers *broken*
  • Skyrim
  • From The Depths
  • KSP (one non steam copy and a steam copy. i own both.)
  • Game Dev Tycoon
  • Geometry Dash *PC only*
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Robocraft
  • StarMade
  • Stranded Deep
  • Team Fortress 2 *i rarely play TF2*
  • Terraria
  • TerraTech *with lag*
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms
  • Trove
  • Unturned
  • Warface
  • Warframe
  • Endless Sky
  • Firefall
  • Roblox
  • Star Wars - The Old Republic
  • Hearthstone
  • Star Craft 2: Wings of liberty *Also heart of the swarm and legacy of the void*
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Clash of Clans
  • World of Tanks
  • WarThunder
  • Minecraft
  • League of Legends
  • World of Warcraft *non-subscriber*
  • World of Warplanes
  • World of Warships

That is every single game i play right about now.

Keep in mind most of these are free.

Oh console games too?

• Destiny
  • Gears of War (all of them)
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Ori and The Blind Forest
  • Halo Reach (plus all other halo's)
  • Soon to be Battlefield 4 (haven't ordered it yet.)
  • And about 30 other games that i care literally the least about.
Edited by Kozak

Europa Universalis IV. It has given me an (un)healthy hatred of a number of dissolved countries. I just wanted to take my rightful land back, but noooooooooooo! You have to have ridiculous discipline, allies all over Europe, and damn it Austria! Every time I need your help, you don't assist me even though I have been one of your faithful cronies for over 300 years! I'm attacking your worst enemy, and maybe you could learn how to have money so that you're not 94277493 ducats in debt! Arrgh!

And breathe...

There's a few, but most of my free time lately has been spent in Blender/GIMP/Unity.

Single-Player:

• Besiege
  • The Long Dark
  • Prison Architect
  • Fallout 4 (haven't played this in weeks now, but it's the most recent "AAA" title I have)

Multi-Player:

• H1Z1
  • World of Warships (also haven't played this in a good long while now)
Edited by Randazzo

Besides KSP my other life-sucking addiction is Civ5.  In a way I am glad I do not have a good enough computer to run the more modern games (like Beyond Earth).

I do also like sports games though, have been playing EA Sports NHL and NFL games for the past 2 decades on PS.  Nothing better than kicking back with a buddy, large case of beer and kicking the crap out of each other.

Edited by justidutch

There are many but the one's that have a decent amount of hours:

• Arma (2 and now 3)
  • Banished (here and there)
  • Company of Hero's (fading from that)
  • Dayz (modded and standalone but waiting for more updates atm)
  • DCS (one of a couple of my favorite flight sim's, A10C is my aircraft of choice)
  • Elite Dangerous (love to bounty hunt or goof off- CMDRGeneralMDBK if you wana add me to fly, I regular around Frey)
  • Fallout series
  • Farming sim 2015 (when I'm really bored, got it for a couple bucks, great background to long maneuvers or side by with netflix)
  • GTAV (mainly enough the freedom with vehicles and the horrible flight moddle, we know it's true)
  • Insurgency
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (my brain teaser)
  • The Mean Greens (makes me feel like a kid again, lots of fun)
  • Microsoft Flight Sim X (everyone who enjoys KSP needs to at least try this)
  • Portal Series (fun brain teaser)
  • Rocksmith (always wanted to learn guitar, not a bad way to do it)
  • Sid Meier's Civ 5 (best one so far imo)
  • Space Engineers
  • Squad (replacing all my other shooters as we speak lol)
  • Star Citizen (not too often atm due to my expected X-55 I will be getting soon, also I feel like there should be an organization in the game of KSP players that just work together mutually, thinking of starting it if anyone is with me)
  • Volo Airsport (simple yet relaxing fun)

Edit: Nearly forgot Minecraft lol (that includes many modded versions but mainly Tekkit, I do miss Galacticraft being in tekkit though)

Edited by GeneralMDBK

2 hours ago, Rainbowtrout said:

Europa Universalis IV. It has given me an (un)healthy hatred of a number of dissolved countries. I just wanted to take my rightful land back, but noooooooooooo! You have to have ridiculous discipline, allies all over Europe, and damn it Austria! Every time I need your help, you don't assist me even though I have been one of your faithful cronies for over 300 years! I'm attacking your worst enemy, and maybe you could learn how to have money so that you're not 94277493 ducats in debt! Arrgh!

And breathe...

I totaly underestimated EU4: I'll capture a province and they'll stay happen right...RIGHT?!

Oh look a province wants to be independent oh look all my provinces want to be indepented and have a strong resistance...

I always have a list of games I am playing. Usually only concentrate on 2 or 3 at a time though. Ive been an avid gamer since the very first days of gaming. Had to drive 30 mins up to the big city and go to a mall (I use the term mall very loosely here) and go to Funway Freeway, the 1st arcade anywhere close in Indiana. Been gaming every since. I love FPS's and simulations.

Tops on my list, simracing. 18 yrs now if we just consider serious sims.

iRacing spend most of my time here

KSP, 2nd in line in a close contest with racing

Far Cry 4

DayZ

Grim Fandango

XCom newest one

And quite a few more I toy with once and a while

I can still remember playing my first ever game of Pong, its been a long while ago, Im sure some of you were not born yet. Looking forward to the future of gaming. I doubt I will ever grow old. ;)

Other... games...?

3 hours ago, Interplanetary Engineer said:

Minecraft mostly, I'm really into redstone.

That sounds like you are heavily into some kind of drug :D I can imagine someone overhearing a kid saying this, only to quickly report the deviant behaviour to principal and parents.

Hm, well it changes from month to month (I usually move shortcuts around, putting most in a folder rather than clutter my desktop), but lately, the list is something like this:

• Empyrion: Galactic Survival
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Gothic 3 (despite being released before it was finished, and despite often poor reviews, and assuming you are a patient person, it's a very fun game)
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2

And some other games I've put many hours into, though not lately:

• GTA 5 (and perviously: GTA 4, GTA: SA, GTA 3)
  • DC Universe Online
  • World of Warcraft
  • Rust
  • Warframe
  • Battlefield series (started with 1942, also played Bad Company 2, BF3, and BF4)
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal (old-school rouge-like dungeon crawler)
  • Skyrim (of course!)
  • Borderlands 2
  • Assetto Corsa
  • Minecraft (back in the day)
  • Star Citizen
  • Saint's Row series (3 & 4)
  • And many more!

Full Steam list here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037223729/games/?tab=all

Edit: I keep adding more... someone stop me :P

Edited by Slam_Jones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.