Modded Comunity Space Station (Not an ISS replica)

22 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hey guys, I have another idea for a project(Which might not start till after 1.1).

An ISS, but not replica...

Okay, let me explain through an idea I had:

The year is 2023, the ISS is under threat of a meteor shower. All crew safely left aboard the two Soyuz pods The ISS was later hit by the storm and was destroyed without any chance of retrieving anything of value. It later burnt up over the Atlantic. Nasa and the other space agencies decided not to rebuild it. This did not go well with space enthusiasts who loved the ISS. Under pressure from constant requests NASA decided to build a station. They send up the first capsule. Other space agencies decide to join in. By 2025, all space agencies are working towards a new ISS.

That's the basis of the idea.

Mods that we would use:
Tantares(For Russian modules)
CxAerospace Stockalike station parts(For US modules)
A mod which includes Dragon and Falcon 9
SLS mod(If I can find a stockalike one or one that is stock diameter, and I know there is a stock SLS in game already, but come on, I'm talking about one that actually looks and acts like the real SLS)
An orion mod
An Ares mod(Loved that rocket, sort of don't like the SLS)
And any other mod that I can think of.

So what do you guys think?

Chaka Monkey exploration odyssey can take care of SLS, Ares, and Orion, among other things. Falcon 9...if Laztech dosen't update then we can use Launchers Pack. I'll try to push for realistic dragon v1 and v2 mods, but we can also use Phoenix Industries cargo resupply system and Tundra Exploration 

Just now, Delta_8930 said:

Chaka Monkey exploration odyssey can take care of SLS, Ares, and Orion, among other things. Falcon 9...if Laztech dosen't update then we can use Launchers Pack. I'll try to push for realistic dragon v1 and v2 mods, but we can also use Phoenix Industries cargo resupply system and Tundra Exploration 

I'm not looking for realism, just stockalike or at least semi stockalike. I will consider realism mods though.

Also just found this image... and just what...
Just... What

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I'm not looking for realism, just stockalike or at least semi stockalike. I will consider realism mods though.

Also just found this image... and just what...
Just... What

Well Chaka monkey is semi stock alike. The dragon 1 and 2 mods that I've mentioned are stock alike. 

2 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

How do you download from google drive?

There should be a button that says "download" at the top. 

1 minute ago, Delta_8930 said:

Well Chaka monkey is semi stock alike. The dragon 1 and 2 mods that I've mentioned are stock alike. 

There should be a button that says "download" at the top. 

Oh, okay.

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

P.S @GoldForest, I would like this launch to be listed also as a fuel module/grav-ring. Thanks!

K. And I think we need to retire this projects lol, IT's about over 450 parts and it's giving my gaming computer 14 fps, and I have a 980ti and a 5820K...

*Sighs* I really which KSP had mutli-core support. Then we wouldn't have frame rate issues.

12 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

K. And I think we need to retire this projects lol, IT's about over 450 parts and it's giving my gaming computer 14 fps, and I have a 980ti and a 5820K...

*Sighs* I really which KSP had mutli-core support. Then we wouldn't have frame rate issues.

1. Which is one reason we wait with our pitchforks and knifes for ksp 1.1, but then again (no B9 Aerospace for me :( )

2. Maybe build another station or use the ATM/DTL mod.

16 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

1. Which is one reason we wait with our pitchforks and knifes for ksp 1.1, but then again (no B9 Aerospace for me :( )

2. Maybe build another station or use the ATM/DTL mod.

Let's hope 1.1 gives multicore support. I think I heard somewhere that it might have it, I also heard that it might just give two core support, which is still a major improvement! And if they add hyperthreading support, those two cores will act like four.

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Let's hope 1.1 gives multicore support. I think I heard somewhere that it might have it, I also heard that it might just give two core support, which is still a major improvement! And if they add hyperthreading support, those two cores will act like four.

Yes indeed.

5 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

R.I.P my laptop. The launch sequence was only 10 minutes IIRC, and the docking..... oh my god..... this may be the last module from me, if 1.1 can't do enough to save me.....

LOL! Maybe It's time to kill the graphics and use (very advertising) Dynamical texture loader!

Only -1 Kerbucks at a 100% discount (Original 10): 

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

@GoldForest maybe a new station around the min is in order?

I think he is launching his module and desperately scrambles for the decision to add another station or not. It seems reasonable to add another station and until 1.1 both the stations can have modules added to them, but it means another list of people's requests to add things.

http://imgur.com/kyhISIT

Added a shuttle and a docking adaptor for it. Ran out of fuel too lol. Also, didn't get any pictures of the LV stage, but it uses four orange tanks, two attached in a line on the top and two attached in a line on the bottom, each with a skipper engine. Then there are six of the medium sized SRBs.

Launched 3/1/16 @ 9:30 PM CST

I have a feeling it's gone very quiet in the thread, being that only me, Spaceplane and Goldforest are now the only users still on the project. Also, PTrevsTrev hasn't said any information on launching and Cloakedwand72, well has shut it's doors...

Also I think my contribution will probably close to the end until 1.1, being the station we have now has toppled over 400 parts.

3 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I have a feeling it's gone very quiet in the thread, being that only me, Spaceplane and Goldforest are now the only users still on the project. Also, PTrevsTrev hasn't said any information on launching and Cloakedwand72, well has shut it's doors...

Also I think my contribution will probably close to the end until 1.1, being the station we have now has toppled over 400 parts.

Wait, is it my turn to launch again? *discreetly checks inbox*

I guess I can fling something up there really quickly tonight.

EDIT: Oops, looks like I won't be able to launch tonight after all. The earliest I could possibly do it is Saturday, and even that depends on whether or not I decide to go to a gun show.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

8 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Wait, is it my turn to launch again? *discreetly checks inbox*

I guess I can fling something up there really quickly tonight.

EDIT: Oops, looks like I won't be able to launch tonight after all. The earliest I could possibly do it is Saturday, and even that depends on whether or not I decide to go to a gun show.

Did I forget to message you? *Checks sent msgs* Oops, sorry!

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Against better judgement, I'd like to Que to begin a new Kerbin station.

A whole new station?

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Did I forget to message you? *Checks sent msgs* Oops, sorry!

A whole new station?

Possibly. The current one is super laggy, what with around 500 parts by now. I think it might be better to leave it to rest, and create another staion somewhere else. Whether it be on a new inclination, higher orbit, or around something else, the current station is almost impossible to dock with.

4 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Possibly. The current one is super laggy, what with around 500 parts by now. I think it might be better to leave it to rest, and create another staion somewhere else. Whether it be on a new inclination, higher orbit, or around something else, the current station is almost impossible to dock with.

Well I'm going to be making the 2025 ISS thread after 1.1 drops which will be within the month(hopefully) now that it's gone from q and a to experimentals.

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, SpaceplaneAddict said:

In that case, let's keep making the station larger and larger!

Thinking about putting the 2025 ISS around mun... or maybe just have it in interspace, somewhere between ksp and Duna

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.