NASA 'Visions of the Futre' Posters- have a look!

Zoidos

NASA is preparing their marketing material for when interplanetary travel will be as easy and affordable as air travel today. And thankfully they shared it with us. All that's left to do is to figure out the technology. :)

Enjoy (ignore the hungarian text, it's just the translation)

http://kepek.444.hu/2016/02/10/csodalatos-urposzterekkel-rukkolt-elo-a-nasa

46 minutes ago, Zoidos said:

NASA is preparing their marketing material for when interplanetary travel will be as easy and affordable as air travel today. And thankfully they shared it with us. All that's left to do is to figure out the technology. :)

Enjoy (ignore the hungarian text, it's just the translation)

http://kepek.444.hu/2016/02/10/csodalatos-urposzterekkel-rukkolt-elo-a-nasa

Thanks for sharing They are awesome! I think these are a few years old though and may have (as I have) been seen before.

Edited by Majorjim

18 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Thanks for sharing They are awesome! I think these are a few years old though and may have (as I have) been seen before.

Right, I wanted to add "Sorry if this has been posted before" in the original post. It was new to me. :)

Moderators: I didn't know whether to post this here or the lounge, but since it is an official announcement by NASA, I put it here. If I misjudged, please move this to the appropriate part of the forum.
-----

WPA-styled space travel posters from NASA, available as downloads.

From the article:
" The posters are a continuation of the Exoplanet Travel Bureau poster series first created by JPL’s design studio last year. The studio, first put together 13 years ago, helps JPL’s scientists and engineers plan out future missions, which means they’re always aware of the latest and greatest ideas being bandied about the lab. When NASA came to them asking for additional posters in the series, they were able to integrate many ideas the agency had already been spitballing for the future—such as floating cities hovering above Venus. "

Link:  http://www.thedrive.com/article/2171/nasas-giving-away-brilliant-space-travel-posters-for-free?xid=the-drive_socialflow_facebook

Edited by SSgt Baloo

http://www.space.com/31954-nasa-space-travel-posters-gallery.html

They remind me of the cruise ship advertisements from the 30's very much actually :P

But the casuality of these advertisements really gets me, They are advertising a trip to jupiter like it was a trip to australia, Which hints at a future where space travel is very regular and routine :D

Imagination is our window into the future. At NASA/JPL we strive to be bold in advancing the edge of possibility so that someday, with the help of new generations of innovators and explorers, these visions of the future can become a reality. As you look through these images of imaginative travel destinations, remember that you can be an architect of the future

All images can be found here

rkG1eRY.jpg

Edited by cicatrix

1 hour ago, cicatrix said:

Imagination is our window into the future. At NASA/JPL we strive to be bold in advancing the edge of possibility so that someday, with the help of new generations of innovators and explorers, these visions of the future can become a reality. As you look through these images of imaginative travel destinations, remember that you can be an architect of the future

All images can be found here

rkG1eRY.jpg

We already have a few of these threads.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.