Eucl3d 3D print

legoclone09

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I want three crafts made, one of which is this. http://imgur.com/19ZOLZn . My worry is the orbiter so high up may cause it to flop over.

Do they not include struts? Fuel lines? Can you ask for launch clamps?

but for $26 a peice, it's expinsive.

Psst. For $5 off, use the promo code: Kraken.

$21 doesn't seem like a lot, considering that I would have to pay that much for a Licensed action figure.

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Still $21, $63.

$21 doesn't seem like that much, considering I would have to pay that much for a licensed action figure.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I want three crafts made, one of which is this. http://imgur.com/19ZOLZn . My worry is the orbiter so high up may cause it to flop over.

Do they not include struts? Fuel lines? Can you ask for launch clamps?

but for $26 a peice, it's expinsive.

They get the ship 3D ready with Blender or whatever 3D modelling software they use, and only shorter fuel lines/struts are printed. Launch clamps likely not, because they would tilt over or some other complication that would make it not work.

8 hours ago, AlextheBodacious said:

How is it priced? All in one? Part ranges, like 4-10 parts is A, 11-20 is B, or per part?

Or is it just This big is A, this big is B, etc?

It's volume based, but you get about 4 inches of length for $30, about 6 inches of length for $100, and about 8 inches of length for $200.

@AlextheBodacious i just ordered a 3d print of my gantry class shuttle, and with the code mentioned above kraken for $5 bucks off, i spent about 99 bucks. small is 4inches for 25 and large is 8 inches for 99.99.

i quote direct from their webpage: regular 4in $24.99 large 8in $99.99

link: https://eucl3d.com/collections/kerbal-space-program/products/3d-print-your-craft

Edited by AlamoVampire

On 2/28/2016 at 8:35 PM, Akaishi_ said:

Psst. For $5 off, use the promo code: Kraken.

You just made me want to buy a model.

My question is, do you get a really big ship if the one you send to them to print is really small?

On 29/02/2016 at 9:28 AM, Cryova said:

You just made me want to buy a model.

My question is, do you get a really big ship if the one you send to them to print is really small?

Looking at the comments, I'm very happy people are using the code I pointed out, it actually came from this guy.

...may be going a little off-topic, but from looking at those models (and at the visual "sand-like" appearance), and the cost, it made me think:

Am I the only one who would really like a KSP play-set that would allow building rockets like Legos, with little plastic replicas of the various stock KSP parts?

Off-topic musing in spoiler section.

Spoiler

I'm thinking:  make it out of nice plastic, at around 1/60 scale (so that the 1.25m parts would be about two centimeters in diameter).  The top and bottom ends of the "stack" pieces would have embedded small, powerful rare-earth magnets to hold them together (N up, S down, so that a stack of right-side-up parts will naturally stick together).  Or, alternatively, peg-and-hole construction, though I have to say that the idea of magnets appeals to me, if they can be strong enough.

Radial parts would either be more magnets, or perhaps some peg-and-hole, or some combination.  I'm okay if it doesn't have the full flexibility to stick on radial solar panels or what-not in any arbitrary location, but it does have to at least support radial decouplers.

Putting together a rocket would be essentially the same as assembling in the VAB, without the automatic symmetry.

I would totally shell out $$$ for such a playset, if it were well done and had enough basic parts that I could build most of the rockets that I can build in career up to tech level 160 or so.

We now return you to your Eucl3d thread, already in progress...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.