Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

anyone got problems with reentry heat? i keep blowing up even with a heat shield and only on a suborbital reentry

This is my simple craft and the Materials bay keeps blowing up

KMDXha3.png

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm a KSP player. Why would I NOT want to test something that might crash?

I'm just saying that it's probably not as bad being left out from this as we think it is. 

It's a program for modders to get their mods working as soon as possible and allow bugs to be found, and for Steam KSP players to encounter and report issues in a scale that's impossible to replicate in mere experimentals. That's the whole point of the whole thing.

While it does feel like a big bummer to be left out, it's better than for bugs to be left in the actual release version that could only have been found with very specific scenarios -- scenarios that players would and could run into in the Pre-Release.

2 minutes ago, Jockel said:

anyone got problems with reentry heat? i keep blowing up even with a heat shield and only on a suborbital reentry

KMDXha3.png

No clue but nice to see KER works :)

2 minutes ago, Jockel said:

KMDXha3.png

Go to the 1.1 Prerelease discussion and post it there.

1 minute ago, MalevolentNinja said:

I have a staging bug, the second stage terrier won't stage properly in this rocket. KER also doesn't recognize the second stage at all.

I guess I need to uninstall KER and see if it's the mod.

eDX6Hjr.jpg

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/prerelease/wiki

*sigh*

EDIT: On second look, yes, try uninstalling KER first.

Edited by Columbia

27 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

(from steerage)

Did the train stop? I think the train stopped.

They'd have told us if the train stopped, right?

I think its stopped to take on more coal... it burned through most of its fuel on the mad dash towards pre-release testing. 

I'm not sure that it will reach the same speed as it did, but it will start moving again shortly at a more civilized pace for the non-steam purchasers, or the steam purchasers like myself who are not interested in joining the bug-hunt. I have no doubt we'll be up to a jolly good speed in about two weeks when the update is likely to be released.  

1 minute ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

my KSP is SOOOOO Broken...... no parts load... no settings in the settings option show :(

It's the prerelease. Once again, going to the place where 1.1 bug reports should be and reporting it would really help the devs.

1 hour ago, KerbalSaver said:

Go forth and find those Bugs!

Yes, you Steam people better do.

Unless you want people starting riots left and right.

Edited by Columbia

Couple of quick questions. #1-Why are a lot of the control tabs I.E(navball stages etc.) so large, and are there ways to change it

#2-Are the water textures final or are they just placeholders

#3-I have some extremely weird lighting in the VAB/SPH

#4-Are all of these problems just a figment of my imagination/Due to my own stupidity?

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

Im sad that the hype train has slowed so much.  I had a ton of fun today.  :( I have the steam version but I'm at an Army thing and can't play. For a month. 

Well, you could defect, but it may result in you getting shot.

Sorry.

I'll be thinking about you when playing, and thank you for your service.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Couple of quick questions. #1-Why are a lot of the control tabs I.E(navball stages etc.) so large, and are there ways to change it

#4-Are all of these problems just a figment of my imagination/Due to my own stupidity?

1) in options you can adjust UI size

2) final - they are pretty much the same as 1.05

3) they brightened up the VAB / SPH

Edited by MalevolentNinja

8 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

1) That's probably because of a combination of UI scale and resolution. Make sure the resolution is set as high as possible for your display. Next, change the "UI Scale" slider to suit your preference.

2) Again probably something with your graphics settings. Check 'em again.

3) Congratulations, you have found your first bug! Now run along, take a screenshot or video, and put it on the bug tracker. TADA! PROGRESS!

4) I don't know. Maybe I'm actually a figment of your imagination, and you're actually projecting your subconscious through me. 

EDIT: Damn imaginary @MalevolentNinjas! (By the way, your name is gloriously fitting.)

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

5 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Well, you could defect, but it may result in you getting shot.

Sorry.

I'll be thinking about you when playing, and thank you for your service.

It's my pleasure!  Enjoy the game! It should be a full release when I get back and I couldn't be more excited!!!!1!