[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

10 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Awesome job on this mod! I haven't installed it but that's because I heard it doesn't work with 1.0.5, would it be possible to fix it for that? Or is it too close to 1.1's release for it to be worthwhile.

see my posts behind, I've done everything with 1.0.5 :D

Edited by Drakenex

Update is live!

Not quite got everything I wanted done (radiators on the solar array truss are proving harder than I imagined so have been pushed back) but wanted to get the IVAs out as they are. Feedback greatly appreciated. Will be moving this to the releases forum shortly; stay tuned. 

Wow, just discovered this mod today. This looks beautiful, I've stayed away from most of the ISS mods, but this stockalike/porkalike style is beautiful and looks so good next to Tantares and BlueDog Design Bureau. My game is becoming more and more complete every day. Just installed and gonna start playing with parts now.

Are the small pegs on the docking ports supposed to be the docking face or not?  I'd hate to get all the way to orbit to find out that the ports are facing backwards. Also, are the radiators in the large solar arrays part of the next update or am I not being very observant and not seeing them? IVAs are looking great btw, it only kerbals can play kerbal while being kerbals.

12 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Are the small pegs on the docking ports supposed to be the docking face or not?  I'd hate to get all the way to orbit to find out that the ports are facing backwards. Also, are the radiators in the large solar arrays part of the next update or am I not being very observant and not seeing them? IVAs are looking great btw, it only kerbals can play kerbal while being kerbals.

The peg side is the docking face yes. Radiators will be next update! Wanted to get what I had done out before I go back to uni this Friday in case I don't have enough time to get things done in time for the proper 1.1 release. 

Forgive me if this was asked before as I didn't see it while I was browsing though the previous pages, but @benjee10 do you plan to have KIS/KAS compatibility, especially with the Logistics modules and Cygnus module? I'm still just trying out the parts, but having KIS/KAS would be so sweet. If you have no such plans then no worries.

2 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Great! Looking forward for your step by step ISS build. Can you please share the craft file for the shuttle?

Actually the shuttle provided by @benjee10's D.I.R.E.C.T. mod. I guess I could do an ISS build, now that it's requested. Time to study every step in the construction....

12 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

@Sgt.Shutesie Maybe you could make the ISS as a YouTube series? One or two videos a week.

Maybe, I have the software and it would give me some editing skill.

ISS experiment idea (In on my phone so I can't 'tag' people), HAM (don't know if it's spelled that way) radio. One for each biome on kerbin and maybe a surprise one on Duna that that effects a small biome. 

Just a sneak peek of a raw ISS I'm working on! Flying on 1.0.5 with a reasonable count of like 100 parts (main modules, adapters, solar panels and docking ports). Some details are still missing (rcs, antennas, minor things) but I did this in like 20 minutes. Soyuz, Progress, HTV, Dragon and Shuttle are almost all ready. Using parts from this mod and Tantares (mostly). Notice that it's belly up because without rcs it was rotating like hell (I obviously hyper-edited ISS in orbit)

+1 for the rotating ISS panels, @benjee10! It adds the bling-bling required for a proper space station

Edited by trooperMNG

On 14 April 2016 at 7:51 PM, davidy12 said:

@benjee10: May I ask, what's next in this mod?

As for me, I'd like to see the Orion off the ground so I can recreate Constellation.

In this mod it'll be some science parts and getting it balanced for career mode. Orion is planned for my other mod (DIRECT) which I should be getting around to soon!

On 14 April 2016 at 8:30 PM, OTmikhail said:

Forgive me if this was asked before as I didn't see it while I was browsing though the previous pages, but @benjee10 do you plan to have KIS/KAS compatibility, especially with the Logistics modules and Cygnus module? I'm still just trying out the parts, but having KIS/KAS would be so sweet. If you have no such plans then no worries.

Yup, definitely planned! Just seen there's a prerelease for KIS for 1.1 so I'll get onto that. 

On 15 April 2016 at 4:52 PM, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Maybe, I have the software and it would give me some editing skill.

ISS experiment idea (In on my phone so I can't 'tag' people), HAM (don't know if it's spelled that way) radio. One for each biome on kerbin and maybe a surprise one on Duna that that effects a small biome. 

+1 to the ISS YouTube series idea.

Nice idea for an experiment! I'm not sure how you go about masking biomes like that but I'll look into it. 

23 hours ago, Joco223 said:

@benjee10 Wow man, those are some serious modeling skills right there! Keep it up. BTW, do you work somewhere as a modeler/texturer or you do it as a hobby? Also, some tips on texturing please?

Cheers! Started off as a hobby, still is mainly but now I make models to sell on TurboSquid and do a bit of freelance VFX work now and then. 

20 hours ago, Omega482 said:

@benjee10, I see that you are using .PNGs for the part textures. Have you considered using .DDS? It should help speed up loading.

Loving the mod btw.

Currently using .PNGs because they're easy for quick modification in that I can literally just overwrite the file in Photoshop. I will switch to .DDS in the near future when textures are sort of 'locked down' so to speak. 

Still unpacking my stuff at Uni but found out I don't have any lectures until Thursday this week so I can get a bit done before then hopefully! Thanks for the great feedback & suggestions everyone!