How many/what mods will you run once 1.1 and 64-bit KSP drops?

GoldForest

How many mods will you run with 1.1 and 64-bit?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How many mods will you run with 1.1 and 64-bit?

• Less than 10
    • Less than 20
    • Less than 30
    • Less than 40
    • I have 64-gigs of ram... I'm not worried about the amount.
    • 128 Gigs of ram! Whoo! ALL THE MODS!
    • I fear the kraken and yee should too!!! Arh! Let us be getting out of here me mateys! *Sails away on the Black Pearl with Jack Sparrow*

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Yes, but it was not clear you will post the BETA key on a public forum.

Apologies there, I was hoping we'd made it clear in the article that there would be no key and that it was just opt-in. So to be clear, you won't need a key and there will be an announcement when the prerelease goes live.

Just now, Ted said:

Apologies there, I was hoping we'd made it clear in the article that there would be no key and that it was just opt-in. So to be clear, you won't need a key and there will be an announcement when the prerelease goes live.

Thanks. I started to be afraid I was left out because I didn't ask a SQUAD staff member for the key as some people wrongfully suggested was required.

9 minutes ago, Temeter said:

All of them.

Currently my RSS save got 60+ folders, so you can imagine where it goes! ~

I would highly advice not to install everything that calls itlsef a mod because you are garanteed to run into crashes due to incompabilities between mods

I choose mods by feature that offer compared to stock game and other mods. If something is covered well enough with stock parts or some mod, I prefer not to install another mod that gives very similar parts. Some of them could conflict each other like TAC life support and USI life support, so I will choose only one of two. Similar is to other comparable mods.

Currently memory usage is not enough for all mods that were covered by SETIctt or ETT, so most likely I will try to add some of those that I was have to left out in 1.0.5. installs. Next thing is to try everything required for RO/RSS if free time for KSP allows :) and couple more on top of that, probably some part mods that I didn't even try yet.

21 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I would highly advice not to install everything that calls itlsef a mod because you are garanteed to run into crashes due to incompabilities between mods

Of course, 'everything' was a hyperbole.

To some minor degree, a least.

I'm running about the 40 mark for mods. That's enough for me, and until I can score a couple of 4 Gig DDR2 800 mHz SODIMM RAM cards, I won't be adding more than that.

I love my iMac and it does alot quite well, but finding RAM sometimes is a bit of a drag.

Edited by GDJ

6 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

You're correct, no key is required for the prerelease testing.

Oh? Because I swear I saw on the prerelease thread someone ask how to get in and a mod/admin told them to send a msg To a staff member.

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Oh? Because I swear I saw on the prerelease thread someone ask how to get in and a mod/admin told them to send a msg To a staff member.

I believe that was with respect to modders who do not have KSP on Steam but would like early access to get their mods ready for 1.1's release.

For clarity: Everyone who has KSP through Steam will have access to the prerelease, with no special access key required.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

I believe that was with respect to modders who do not have KSP on Steam but would like early access to get their mods ready for 1.1's release.

Ah yes, I remember now. Thank you for clearing that up.

6 hours ago, SSgt Baloo said:

I have a list of favorites. The only thing I dislike about the impending upgrade to 1.1 is that I'll be stuck playing stock KSP again until my favorite mods update. :huh:

No, mods will most likely be updated before 1.1 even hits release.

Edited by GoldForest

well well... AVC says i have 79 addons installed now, and there are some more mods i would love to install but than the game wont run for more than 10 minutes a time.

i cant wait for 1.1 and all its 64bit awesomeness :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Now I use:

KSP: 1.0.5 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.10 CentOS 7.2.1511 64bit
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Connected Living Space - 1.2.0.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.4
Infernal Robots - 0.21.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.6.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.6.1
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SCANsat - 1.1.4.5
StageRecovery - 1.6.3
TAC Life Support - 0.11.2.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
WernherChecker - 0.4
[x] Science! - 4.14
kOS - 0.19.2

Anybody can tell me which mods will broken in KSP 1.1? Unfortunately,  in my Steam, I haven't access to the 1.1 :( 

My main mods (very important to my current gameplay):

TAC Life Support, kOS, Kerbal Alarm Clock,  Kerbal Inventory System, KAS, RemoteTech, Precise node(I have error window about it is incompability with 1.0.5, but it fact, it works).

Also, important (but not critical for my gameplay) mods: [x] Science! , Transfer Window Planner, Kerbal Engineer Redux, StageRecovery(why Squard team does not provide physics to recovering rocket  stages like Space X in real world? All remote objects not calculated by game, and if remote object has a low altitude, it always crashed) 

Hmm...

Asteroid Day

Atomic Age

Chatterer

Color Coded Canisters

CTT

Darkside Technology

DMagic

Dynamic Texture Loader

FTP

Gingercorp Station Hubs

K2 Command Pod

KER

KJR

Mining Expansion

MRS

Module Manager

RCS Sounds

Docking Sounds

RLA

RSCapsuleyne

SCANSAT

SpaceY

Stockbugfix

Triggertech

Vanguard Astroydynamics

That's whats on my 1.0 modded install. I plan on adding:

Kopernicus and OPM

Near Future Mods (All of em)

Station Parts Expansion

SpaceY Extended

KIS/KAS

Infernal Robotics

Extraplanatery Launchpads

Texture Replacer

Scatterer

Strategea

MK4 Spaceplane parts

Lithobreak Exploration Technologies

Planetary Base Systems

Buffalo MSEV

Stockalike MAV

And probably many more...

Edited by Kuansenhama

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I'm not gonna touch 1.1 for a few months. The mods are garunteed to cause kraken3 for a while

Not really. Modders have full access to the experimental build, as does anyone. Their mods will be most likely in stable release before 1.1 even drops.

about 60 according to my last count, I'm already running most of these already, the only new ones I'll be adding are the near future technologies that have a bunch of new parts, a planets pack that I haven't tried so far and a bunch of visual mods, the goal is to run a medium difficulty system kolonization campaign.

Spoiler

[1.00][Plugin] TweakScale - Rescale Everything by pellinor, Biotronic
[1.00][Parts] KSP Interstellar by FreeThinker, Fractal_UK, Boris-Barboris
[1.1]  Community Resource Pack by RoverDude;
[1.05] Community Tech Tree
[1.00]  Connected Living Space by Papa_Joe, codepoet ; API to provide information about which parts kerbals can pass between internally.
[1.00][Parts] Near Future Propulsion by Nertea
[1.00]  Toolbar by blizzy78; Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar .
[1.00][Plugin] Final Frontier by Nereid; Kerbal individual merits(achievements/ribbons)
[1.00][Plugin] RasterPropMonitor by Mihara, MOARdV; Make your IVA a glass cockpit
[1.1][Plugin]  Contract Configurator by nightingale ; Create new contracts using configuration file syntax.
    ^^[1.1][Plugin]  Contract Pack: SCANSat by DBT85
    ^^[1.1][Plugin]  Contract Pack: RemoteTech by nightingale
[1.00][Plugin] Contracts Window by DMagic; Monitoring window designed to give more information and be more flexible
[1.00][Plugin] Waypoint Manager by nightingale; Renders waypoints in flight mode.
[1.00][Plugin] Kerbal Construction Time by magico13 ; Vessels take time to build.
[1.00][Plugin] CrewQ(ueue) - Crew Rotation and Variety by enneract
[1.00][Plugin] Dang It! by Ippo; A random failures mod for KSP
[1.00][Plugin] PreciseNode by regex; Maneuver node replacement with additional information.
[1.00][Plugin] RCS Build Aid by m4v; For balanced placement of RCS
[1.00][Plugin] Transfer Window Planner by TriggerAu ; An ingame implementation of AlexMun's Launch Window Planner - find effective planetary transfer burns
[1.00][Parts/Plugin] DeepFreeze Continued... by JPLRepo ; Cryogenic Freezing of your Kerbals for those Deep Space Flights without using Life Support resources.
[1.1][Part & Plugin] USI Life Support by RoverDude
[1.00][Parts/Plugin]  RemoteTech 2 by Cilph, woogoose; Construct vast relay networks of communication satellites.
[1.00][Parts/Plugin] SCANsat terrain mapping by damny, technogeeky, DMagic [WIP/Experimental] ScanSat Terrain Mapping
[1.1][Parts] Alcubierre Warp Drive by RoverDude
[1.00][Plugin] Docking Port Alignment Indicator by NavyFish; Presenting target alignment and relative position in a clean and intuitive manner.
[1.05] Near Future Technologies 
[1.00][Plugin] ScienceAlert by xEvilReeperx;
[1.00][Plugin] Chatterer by Athlonic, Iannic-ann-od
[1.00][Plugin] RCS Sound Effects by pizzaoverhead
[1.00][Parts/Plugin] Civilian Population by rabidninjawombat, michaelhester07 ; Civilians have begun exploring space! Take them with you on your ships and manage them.
[1.00][Parts] Extraplanetary Launchpads by skykooler, taniwha
[1.1][Parts] Freight Transport Technologies by RoverDude; A series of modular parts for all of your hauling, mining, and exploration needs!
[1.1][Parts] Modular Kolonization System by RoverDude; A series of interlocking modules for building long-term, self sustaining colonies on other planets and moons.
[1.00][Planets] New Horizons by KillAshley
[1.00][Plugin] Action Groups Extended by Diazo; Increase the available action groups to 250 with in-flight editing and state monitoring.
[1.00][Plugin] Editor Extensions by MachXXV; Adds custom SPH/VAB rotational/angle snapping, symmetry and more.
[1.00][Plugin] Hullcam VDS by Albert VDS; Hullcam let's you add cameras to any part of your vehicle or construction.
[1.1][Parts/Plugin] Karbonite by RoverDude; Resource-gathering high octane mod burrito of ultimate goodness !
    ^^[1.1][Add-on] Karbonite Plus by RoverDude; New resources and parts for Karbonite
[1.00][Parts/Plugin] Kerbal Attachment System by KospY, zzz, Winn75
[1.00][Parts] Magic Smoke Industries Parts & Infernal Robotics by sirkut
    ^^[1.00][Parts] Magic Smoke Industries Station Parts by sirkut
[1.00][Plugin] Ship Manifest  by Papa_Joe; Performs resource transfers within a vessel and has pump sounds when transferring resources.
[1.00][Plugin] Distant Object Enhancement by MOARdV, Rubber Ducky; Distant Object Enhancement is a visual enhancement mod that makes objects realistically visible over large distances.
[1.1][Plugin] Environmental Visual Enhancements by rbray89 ; Add city lights to Kerbin and Clouds to any body
[1.00][Plugin]  PlanetShine  by Valerian; realistic planet light reflection to the vessel + other ambient light improvements
[1.00][Plugin]  HotRockets - Particle FX by Nazari1382;[WIP] This is a replacement for stock engine particle FX.
[1.00][Plugin] Scatterer by blackrack[WIP]; Adds atmospheric scattering effects
[1.00][Plugin] TextureReplacer  by shaw; Texture replacement, trilinear filtering, compression, mipmap generation and Kerbal pimping

And optionally if they are ready:

Spoiler

[1.00][Planets] KerbalGalaxy 2  by Artyomka15
[1.00][Plugin] Ambient Light Adjustment by timmers_uk, blizzy78
    ^^[0.24 - 0.90][Add-on]  Better Atmospheres by Thesonicgalaxy ; Superb config and textures for Environmental Visual 
[1.00][Plugin] Protractor by Addle, mrenigma03
Kronal Vessel Viewer (KVV)
[1.00][Plugin] Notes by agises ; Simple ingame notepad / checklist
[1.0.5] Kerbulator: use your own math!

In am playingpre-v1.1 and so far found out the following that I like to share with you guys ;-)
I use the new 64bit version.

Kerbal engineer 1.1.0.0 ( updated to pre-v1.1 64bit tested and working )
modulemanager 2.6.21 ( updated to pre-v1.1 64bit tested and working )

The following I have tested do not work.
-Toolbar     ( I do not see the GUI on the screen anywhere )
-remote tech 2    ( I do not see any GUI anywhere, and cannot activate/deactive antennas manual )
- final frontier     ( also do not show up anywhere. )

I am playing a Fresh new hard career game.

Edited by Peder

On March 16, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

For clarity: Everyone who has KSP through Steam will have access to the prerelease, with no special access key required.

Not true I can't get to it (Mac)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.