Parts released into public domain

PDCWolf

Well, some of you may remember me, others may not. I'm the guy that made the perfectrons and one of the first launch escape system mods. Of course, that was long long ago (.24.2 being the last version I updated my mods for). Since then, I made very few advances and a few new parts too, but never got around to finishing them. I also kept myself from posting in the forums (lots of things going on at that time with the forum, arguments here and there about cancelled features and whatnot). Also there were way better mods at the time that did the same as my parts, so there wasn't much point in keeping them alive. Even the mod linked in my signature is dead.

Long story short, I never updated my mods (sorry to the people that kept waiting for them) nor did I made progress with the things I had been experimenting with. So here I release all the parts I had been working with to the public domain. Included are:

1. Perfectrons, all 3 variants
  2. LES, the 2 released variants (Apollo and Soyuz) and an unreleased, WIP, Copenhagen Suborbitals model.
  3. A radial engine I never got around to finish
  4. The ARES based SRB (the Kickback didn't exist back then)
  5. The A-RCS, a high powered, 5 direction RCS specifically for rocket control (see THIS video, around 0:18 and 3:35 to see how they were supposed to work). Vernor didn't exist back then either.
  6. The BPC release candidate, a fairing system to convert the mk1-2+LES combo into a good looking one. Cancelled because sumdum heavy industries made its glorious entrance.

Not included in the file:

• Textures (They were horrible, and never got around to fix them)
  • Configs (For obvious reasons)
  • UV Maps (some models have theirs set up, but I highly suggest you re-do them)

So yeah, the file only contains .MAX and .FBX files to import into 3DSMax or any compatible software (I think blender can import them? never used it really). The techniques used are pretty average ones, nothing to be proud of really. Note: some of the files are actual scenes ready for render, and scaling may be wacky in some cases. In some cases there is a stock mk1-2 pod.

Some pictures (they are too big to hotlink, and are not in an album, sorry):

RFvEyap.jpg

gDbiYa0.jpg

8m92eTu.jpg

HzzXKt1.jpg

CWoEZsk.jpg

About licensing and derivative works: They are now in the public domain. you are free to do whatever you want with them. Giving credit is most definitely not needed (although appreciated of course).

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpebuwt9cubkk2g/unreleasedparts.rar?dl=0

Edited by PDCWolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.