[KSP 1.2.2][2016-12-13] All Y'All [v0.10.1] One-Button Common Action Grouping

Superfluous J

31 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

ScienceResetSkill doesn't seem to be a thing. I tried looking for all 3 words and don't see anything that looks reasonable to think is it.

Is it perhaps ultra-new? As in not in the current Steam build?

Not that new.  Use either of the following:

using Experience.Effects;
crewMember.HasEffect<ScienceResetSkill>();

crewMember.HasEffect<Experience.Effects.ScienceResetSkill>();

26 minutes ago, Skalou said:

does it check if the onboard guy with the ScienceResetSkill can perform an EVA in career?(unlocked in the astronaut complex)

Note: Right now it doesn't even check for the reset skill, but for the person being a Scientist. I've got the code working but haven't bothered updating.

Anyway, as to the question... It does not. It probably should, but the whole functionality is already in the bounds of cheating and it's not like I'm going to check to see if you're flying in atmosphere, really close to the ground, or experiencing high gee forces as well. Gotta draw the line somewhere, you know? Eventually you have to accept that this is actually side-stepping the whole "get out of the capsule and reset the experiments manually" mechanism. Which IMO is dumb anyway. It's not like the people in the ISS have to hop out on EVA every time they do an experiment.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

it's not like I'm going to check to see if you're flying in atmosphere, really close to the ground, or experiencing high gee forces as well.

great ideas though :P

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

[EXC 01:05:14.309] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.updateFSM ()
    ModuleDeployablePart.FixedUpdate ()
    ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 01:05:14.325] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Was using Soviet Probe Pack and accidentally clicked on extend all (cant remember the probe name, it has solar panels on it) here is the image of the probe

Maybe you can implement some kind of safety into the code so it does not spam the log if clicked accidentally on this kind of probes with integrated solar panels.

http://i.imgur.com/J8KtVFF.png

On 10/23/2016 at 7:22 PM, dtoxic said:
  Hide contents

[EXC 01:05:14.309] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.updateFSM ()
    ModuleDeployablePart.FixedUpdate ()
    ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 01:05:14.325] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Was using Soviet Probe Pack and accidentally clicked on extend all (cant remember the probe name, it has solar panels on it) here is the image of the probe

Maybe you can implement some kind of safety into the code so it does not spam the log if clicked accidentally on this kind of probes with integrated solar panels.

http://i.imgur.com/J8KtVFF.png

Hmmm. I may have to make another exception for those like I did for MOLE. Or perhaps do a check to make sure the part actually is deployable. It seems that SPP puts that on solar panels that are not, in fact, deployable.

I've never used it so that's a guess. I'll poke around at it some time this week. Thanks for the report!

17 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hmmm. I may have to make another exception for those like I did for MOLE. Or perhaps do a check to make sure the part actually is deployable. It seems that SPP puts that on solar panels that are not, in fact, deployable.

I've never used it so that's a guess. I'll poke around at it some time this week. Thanks for the report!

One more thing it also spams the log when you click on Retract all, Also a suggestion if it's possible, to merge Extend All/Refract All into single button?

Edited by dtoxic

32 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

One more thing it also spams the log when you click on Retract all, Also a suggestion if it's possible, to merge Extract All/Refract All into single button?

That's covered in the "Won't Do" in the first post:

Disappearing/reappearing buttons. After a LOT of struggling I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not smart enough for anything more than quick hacks. Every hurdle I cleared trying to get this to work, a dump truck pulled up and dumped a thousand more hurdles. On top of me.

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

That's covered in the "Won't Do" in the first post:

Disappearing/reappearing buttons. After a LOT of struggling I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not smart enough for anything more than quick hacks. Every hurdle I cleared trying to get this to work, a dump truck pulled up and dumped a thousand more hurdles. On top of me.

Ahhh ok, sorry was to lazy to read the OP :D

Edit: did you try Toggle button?

Edited by dtoxic

On 10/24/2016 at 8:18 PM, dtoxic said:

Edit: did you try Toggle button?

I haven't. I will, when I get time but that could be who knows when.

----

Regarding the mod in general, I've added a download link to GitHub considering SpaceDock seems to have fallen onto hard times.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible this cool mod would prevent me from adding a simple working cfg to make non-shrouded solar panels retractable?

Here is what I've done (it doesn't work):

@PART[solarPanels3] {
    @retractable = true
}

3 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Is it possible this cool mod would prevent me from adding a simple working cfg to make non-shrouded solar panels retractable?

Here is what I've done (it doesn't work):

@PART[solarPanels3] {
    @retractable = true
}

You're missing the module. I don't have the files to look at right now, but it's something like this:

@PART[solarPanels3] {
    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]{
        @retractable = true
    }
}

4 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Is there a way to make it so that All Y All ignores non deployable solar panels throu MM patch?

I'm on my phone right now but when I can look at it in need to know, do you want them to not have the menu option? like on ox stats? Do those even have the menu? I'd think not but don't recall ever checking. Or do you want to not "deploy all" on the panels that can't retract?

6 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm on my phone right now but when I can look at it in need to know, do you want them to not have the menu option? like on ox stats? Do those even have the menu? I'd think not but don't recall ever checking. Or do you want to not "deploy all" on the panels that can't retract?

Hmm ill have to chek, but here is my scenario, i got deploaybel panels and non deployable, when i click extend all on deployable i get null refs because i guess it tries to extend the other non deployable panels to. my take on it is can we makee it so the mod ignores them all together?

4 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Hmm ill have to chek, but here is my scenario, i got deploaybel panels and non deployable, when i click extend all on deployable i get null refs because i guess it tries to extend the other non deployable panels to. my take on it is can we makee it so the mod ignores them all together?

Hmm that's a bug. annoyingly it means that those non deployable panels have the module DeployableSolarPanel which not only grinds my gears, but makes it a bit tricky to code around.

You can't fix that with a config, sadly. it'll require a code change.

Edited by 5thHorseman

1 hour ago, monstah said:

Seems to me the key difference is that it does not have a animationName attribute on the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel module :) 

Nice was about to suggest the same thing!

@dtoxic Wow that's a lot of null ref's. I was expecting one per ox-stat per activation, but it seems to go in a crazy loop.

I've got a fix in place, but I'm fixing something else as well as soon as I figure out how, then I'll do a release with those in it for KSP 1.2.2 (which should work in 1.2.1). Hopefully tonight.

In the meantime, here's the dll. I will fully admit I put it up on my own website because I couldn't figure out where to put it on GitHub:

[defunct site link removed by moderator]

It has some logging in it that is harmless and not too spammy. It won't be in the release dll.