When I enter the administration building if I mouse over any item, the menus disappear and show the space center view. The only way to view the actual admin building menus is to put my mouse in the top right corner where "Exit" would be. Clicking where a menu item may be, for example the Public Bailout strategy, will register the input click and, if I put my mouse in the top right corner, will show that I clicked on the strategy/program and give an explanation. Moving my mouse from the top right corner though, causes the whole admin menu/facility to disappear and shows the space center again. Is there a fix to this, are developers aware of this bug? Should I re-install? This issue was not present before the 1.1 update.

I am having this issue after a clean install of 1.1. The only difference, this happens with every building except the VAB and SPH and I cannot replicate this issue on my laptop.

Restarting the game temporarily fixes the issue and I've noticed it does not happen again until I take control of any vessel (in some cases I must do it multiple times). It can be rather tedious restarting every time I need to spend science so I've elected to just play on my laptop instead.

Settings wise, everything is the same on both systems with the exception of playing in full screen on my laptop and windowed on the desktop (I have tried full screen on the desktop and have the same results).

While typing this I just thought I may try changing the resolution as my desktop does have a 16:10 monitor and I run 1920x1200.

In case it is hardware related:

Laptop: Intel Core i7-4720Q, nVidia GeForce GTX 960m, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 x64

Desktop: AMD FX-8350, AMD R9 290X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 x64

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I did notice that if I zoom out a long way and then click on the admin building button, it lets me interact with it without it disappearing. Also, mousing over the other buildings seems to restore the admin view when you first enter the building, so you might need to do that if it disappears.

I see the same annoying bug very frequently. When entering a building, you are sent immediately back to space center.

The game seems to work like if the right screen is displayed (you can click on invisible items if you're lucky).

SPH and VAB are still working though.

Leaving to start menu is not enough, must restart the game.

Win10 - KSP 64 bits - i4770 16GB - Radeon 7770 - Radeon driver 16.3.2.

I have the same issue only for the administrative building. It started within a dozen hours of a new career game on a basically fresh install. Happened again after restarting my computer (and hence game), but I didn't check until a couple hours after starting this time.

64bit version, Windows 10 Pro, EVGA 980TI, i7 3660k, 32GB DDR3 1600

2560x1440 with 140fps cap, no VSync, max graphics settings otherwise. UI scale 120%

I verified that Synergy is not running (mouse/kb sharing between networked computers) which has caused me issues with other applications, such as Photoshop.

Edited by Elaskanator

It's a known and reported bug, and it was completely fixed in build 1230 ... and then somebody went and added a few lines of code and broke it again in build 1250 (1.1.1). If they would just look close at the changes between 1230 and 1250, they could isolate it and fix it trivially.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7698

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Exact same problem here... All building except VAB & SPH disapear when i enter them :(

Win7 pro 64bits - i5 4570 - RAM 8GB - Sapphire R9 290 tri-x - Driver AMD Radeon 16.4.1

• 9 months later...

In first place hello , I am new here.

In second place I want say that I had the same issue and solved it twice, really dunno why. When the building is bugged, I open tracking station or other buildings like astronaut complex, then i go back to adm. B. and is not bugged. Maybe it's because some screen/resolution bug but really dunno why.

In any case I hope it helps you as you helped me before.

See ya!

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Is this on the 1.2.2 stable or 1.2.9 prerelease? Initial reports are that fixes made in the 1.2.9 prerelease have solved the issue. Usual caveats apply, back up your save folder (or just move a copy of the whole game to somewhere else on your computer) so you still get to play your old saves in case an upgrade doesn't go as planned.

12 hours ago, Silverwood said:

I am now having this same issue, but only after playing a saved game for a while. Not on a new game.

Any ideas please?

Keith

During testing I found that this bug seemed to be screen-resolution dependent. Try increasing the size of your KSP window, if you can -- and please let me know if that fixes it for you.

I too face same problems in 1.2.2, i have Stratergia installed. It worked Perfectly till a month, But with some mods, Administration Building window starts Flashing and even removal of Mods don't cure it. Well, i can work on it a few seconds but then its difficult.

3 hours ago, bewing said:

During testing I found that this bug seemed to be screen-resolution dependent. Try increasing the size of your KSP window, if you can -- and please let me know if that fixes it for you.

I used full screen, 1280X720 what size do you suggest?

Edited by Silverwood
extra info

6 hours ago, technicalfool said:

Hi.

Is this on the 1.2.2 stable or 1.2.9 prerelease? Initial reports are that fixes made in the 1.2.9 prerelease have solved the issue. Usual caveats apply, back up your save folder (or just move a copy of the whole game to somewhere else on your computer) so you still get to play your old saves in case an upgrade doesn't go as planned.

Ok I downloaded the game from Steam last week, so I assume its the most up to date version.

How do I found out? And why does this only happen after you have played the game several times? If it was screen related, would it not happen all the time?

For Version info: If you go into your Pause menu, it should say the version of the game at the bottom. It's also shown in your Main Menu, before you start a particular game.

To get the 1.2.9 beta version, you have to click a couple buttons to "opt in" to beta releases. If you then opt back out of the beta version, steam will automatically downgrade you back to 1.2.2. But KSP allows you to save a copy, so you can run both and test both.

Since you were already at your maximum screen size, going to the beta version is probably your only choice to get around this annoying bug.

3 hours ago, Silverwood said:

And why does this only happen after you have played the game several times? If it was screen related, would it not happen all the time?

Nobody knows. There is a class of bugs called intermittent bugs. Which this one is. Intermittent bugs are extremely difficult to get rid of, because you can never be sure if you really got rid of it, or if it will suddenly show up again tomorrow. We think it's gone in the new version. It seems to be partially hardware related. Some Radeon video cards exhibit it more than other cards. It might be partially video driver related. Some people see the bug on rare occasions. Some people see it a lot. Most people never see the bug at all -- and that includes the programmers. They never see it, so they are working blind when they try to fix it.

Ok thanks for that.

For the beta version, does Steam download it or is it an upgrade?

5 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

Ok thanks for that.

For the beta version, does Steam download it or is it an upgrade?

Ok I have version 1.2.3.1622 (windows player) - so which buttons do I click to get the next version please? Oh and I can icrese the screen size, it can go to 1920X1080, but it didn't sem quite as go as the lower settings.

Edited by Silverwood

Ok I think I have worked this out now, sorry for the plethora of replies!

I went to Steam, clicked the properties for the game and clicked opt in for Beta. I now have a 2017 version 1.3 I think it said. So we will see how that goes. I assume when it is released for purchase, I just get it anyway or do I have to pay again?

Keith

1 hour ago, Silverwood said:

Ok I think I have worked this out now, sorry for the plethora of replies!

I went to Steam, clicked the properties for the game and clicked opt in for Beta. I now have a 2017 version 1.3 I think it said. So we will see how that goes. I assume when it is released for purchase, I just get it anyway or do I have to pay again?

Keith

Being a registered customer of KSP with Steam means Steam itself will update KSP when a new version is released; no further payment is required. However, as you have now opted for a beta (like pre-release 1.2.9), you'll stay with that until it is removed from allowed downloads, or you choose another. To download the most current official release (now still 1.2.2 build 1622, will become 1.3.0 when released) you just need to opt out of any beta version.

Ok - have been playing with the beta version for  a few days In career mode, everything seemed ok, then today after playing for another 20 mins or so the bug returned.

Now it might be my system, I don't know or it might be that you have not actually removed the bug and I happen to be the unlucky one!

As long as it only affects the admin building(?) then the game remains playable, if it affected other buildings/ screens I question whether the game could be played. For example if it happened in the VAB or R&D screens.

Keith

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.