hab136

[1.7.3] GPOSpeedFuelPump continued v1.8.19

Recommended Posts

I use your mod. It allows me to build much more complicated landers without the hassle of having to fill each tank individually when docking.

Does it have any conflicts with Configurable Containers by @allista ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daveroski said:

Does it have any conflicts with Configurable Containers by @allista ?

It shouldn't have: with CC resources are stored in parts as usual, so any mod that is concerned with transferring them should work OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, allista said:

It shouldn't have: with CC resources are stored in parts as usual, so any mod that is concerned with transferring them should work OK.

Excellent.

Thanks Allista :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I use this mod to actually make an automatic refueling station ? I can not really decipher that from the op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, invultri said:

Can I use this mod to actually make an automatic refueling station ? I can not really decipher that from the op.

Yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 12:48 PM, invultri said:

Can I use this mod to actually make an automatic refueling station ? I can not really decipher that from the op.

Yes, most definitely.

I've set up a drilling/refining ground base, a fuel shuttle, and an orbiting refueling station. The ground base had all tanks set to 8 (or is the maximum these days 10?), the shuttle all set to 7, and the station all set to 6. Then all of my ships are 5 or below.

That way as soon as the fuel shuttle lands and connects, it is automatically filled by the ground base. Then it launches and gets to the orbital station where it docks and automatically unloads all of its fuel (except the one tanks set to level 0 or -8 or whatever the bare minimum is, so it can get back down) to the station. Any passing ship that docks with the station will automatically fill all of its tanks.

It's really quite glorious the first time you see it in action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 1:15 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Yes, most definitely.

I've set up a drilling/refining ground base, a fuel shuttle, and an orbiting refueling station. The ground base had all tanks set to 8 (or is the maximum these days 10?), the shuttle all set to 7, and the station all set to 6. Then all of my ships are 5 or below.

That way as soon as the fuel shuttle lands and connects, it is automatically filled by the ground base. Then it launches and gets to the orbital station where it docks and automatically unloads all of its fuel (except the one tanks set to level 0 or -8 or whatever the bare minimum is, so it can get back down) to the station. Any passing ship that docks with the station will automatically fill all of its tanks.

It's really quite glorious the first time you see it in action.

You were not overselling this, having it set up it works most glorious indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hab136 What is to do to avoid a resource being pumped?

Edit:

  flowMode = NO_FLOW
  transfer = NONE

?

Edited by Gordon Dry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hab136 I got it, GPOSpeedFuelPump needs to be fixed.

It obeys flowMode, so when the config says flowMode = ALL_VESSEL then it pumps, no matter what transfer says, like transfer = NONE.

TACFuelBalancer for example obeys transfer and just does not allow pumping of transfer = NONE.

I opened an issue about this:
https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/issues/2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@hab136 I got it, GPOSpeedFuelPump needs to be fixed.

It obeys flowMode, so when the config says flowMode = ALL_VESSEL then it pumps, no matter what transfer says, like transfer = NONE.

TACFuelBalancer for example obeys transfer and just does not allow pumping of transfer = NONE.

I opened an issue about this:
https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/issues/2

This should be fixed in 1.8.14, which is updated for KSP 1.4.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching Stratenblitz75's latest video, and noticed GPOSpeedFuelPump being used!  Skip to 2:50, or watch the whole thing because it's a cool film!

Note that you can set pump levels (and pump on/off) in the VAB; for a dedicated refueling ship that can save a lot of time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hab136 Could you take a look at this post?:

In short, there seems to be a conflict between GPO and at least a couple of parts from QuizTech. Details are in that post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

@hab136 Could you take a look at this post?:

In short, there seems to be a conflict between GPO and at least a couple of parts from QuizTech. Details are in that post.

Here are the details:

Good news!  It's totally reproducible

Bad news.  Nothing to do with Quiztech, other than it has a couple of engines which also contain fuel.  The engine is odd in that it also has some fuel, that is what's causing the problem.  As a test, I removed the fuel from the engine, and it worked nicely after that.  I suspect that the GPO is not expecting the same part to both have an engine in addition to the fuel.I haven't yet updated Quiztech to 1.5, but this part (the Twin Turbo AfterBurner) doesn't need the dependencies, so go ahead and install.

I've uploaded a simple plane to KerbalX which always gets the error when you active the "Balance" option on the rear tank/engine.

Test craft file here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sydk6b5icf8te9t/GPO Test Plane.craft?dl=0

Here is a short video showing the crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/089zqncs48mlgl3/GPO CTD.mp4?dl=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a bit of debugging, and found the problem.

There was a divide by zero happening, adding a check for that solved the problem.

I'll be submitting a PR to @hab136 in a little bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've submitted a PR with my fixes and a bit of optimization of some loops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Released v.1.8.17 with @linuxgurugamer's fixes.  Thanks!

 

I am seeing some weirdness, unrelated to these patches ( I reverted to check).  The left tank of my test ship doesn't want to pump or balance.  It will receive pumping, just not send it.  Center and right tank work as expected.  I don't know if this is just my test ship or a code bug - don't have time to check today, will check later.  If anyone notices something similar, let me know.

 

9Gw0yRm.png

Edited by hab136

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 9:55 AM, hab136 said:

Released v.1.8.17 with @linuxgurugamer's fixes.  Thanks!

 

I am seeing some weirdness, unrelated to these patches ( I reverted to check).  The left tank of my test ship doesn't want to pump or balance.  It will receive pumping, just not send it.  Center and right tank work as expected.  I don't know if this is just my test ship or a code bug - don't have time to check today, will check later.  If anyone notices something similar, let me know.

I recompiled for KSP 1.6 and released, but I haven't had any time for actual development or testing between a new job and the holidays.

I recreated my test ship from scratch and am still seeing weirdness, including losing fuel or creating it out of thin air.  Be warned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@hab136 If you can get me your test ship, I'll take a look for you to see if I can fix this.

I'd also like to discuss with you the right way to make this & PWB Fuel Balancer & Fuel Jettison mod work together

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ww39j3iox8jnhpj/AAA76JOHyqKsNtYWYHCBXaqha?dl=0

I don't have any ideas on making the two mods work together (unless you mean merging them), but I'd be happy to listen to your ideas.  Feel free to PM me or open a github issue in either repo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 3:04 PM, hab136 said:

I recompiled for KSP 1.6 and released, but I haven't had any time for actual development or testing between a new job and the holidays.

I recreated my test ship from scratch and am still seeing weirdness, including losing fuel or creating it out of thin air.  Be warned.

I've been trying to replicate this problem for you, have failed miserably

The only oddity I saw was when you adjust the pump level in flight, the tanks immediately change amount.  They should drain and fill in a finite period of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've been trying to replicate this problem for you, have failed miserably

The only oddity I saw was when you adjust the pump level in flight, the tanks immediately change amount.  They should drain and fill in a finite period of time

Interesting, thanks for looking at it.  Balancing has always been immediate, but pumping should take time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab136 said:

Interesting, thanks for looking at it.  Balancing has always been immediate, but pumping should take time.

Your welcome. 

IMHO, balancing should not be immediate.  I do realize that there is significant work involved with doing that, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your welcome. 

IMHO, balancing should not be immediate.  I do realize that there is significant work involved with doing that, however.

Yeah, probably.  I'm just trying to say that instant balancing is "working as designed" rather than being a bug. :)

There's a lot of stuff that needs fixing/redesigning; I'm just trying to keep it running until I have time to seriously overhaul it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The patch 'Fuelswitch.cfg' shipped with GPO seems to be adding GPOSpeedPump to resource-less parts that have ModuleB9PartSwitch only for texture/mesh switching, such as those from SSPXR.

This code will catch anything using B9PartSwitch, regardless of what the module is used for:

// B9 fuel switch support
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Should we not also be checking that it is for fuel switching, e.g. by looking for 'moduleID = fuelSwitch', or maybe 'baseVolume = foo'?

Ed. How about this?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Seems to clear it up for me.

Edited by steve_v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.