I quit.

Xyphos

I've decided I'm quitting KSP for a while, the problems in 1.1.2 have made this game unplayable.

the final straw that broke me was the symmetry glitch on a vessel that I've spent 2 hours building, the game crashes, I load back up and the load screen just hangs there with my vessel loaded but unmanageable I can't click anything and it's all for naught.

it's just as well, cuz the thing probably would have randomly exploded for no given reason anyway.

I QUIT.

Edited by Xyphos

I'm in the same boat. It was so exciting when 1.1 released, until later that evening when I realized they'd released it with hundreds of open bugs! Seems to me like quality of every release since 0.90 has gotten worse, and I envy those who are still able to play.

It makes me want to cry that, today, I'd have to recommend against anybody new purchasing KSP. 

Edited by Beowolf

22 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

I QUIT.

Well, sorry to see you go.  But you know, there are more things to KSP than actually playing it.  I myself am using this time to increase my knowledge of the underlying systems and with that knowledge, perhaps give something back to the community.  Just saying.

1 hour ago, Xyphos said:

I've decided I'm quitting KSP for a while, the problems in 1.1.2 have made this game unplayable.

the final straw that broke me was the symmetry glitch on a vessel that I've spent 2 hours building, the game crashes, I load back up and the load screen just hangs there with my vessel loaded but unmanageable I can't click anything and it's all for naught.

it's just as well, cuz the thing probably would have randomly exploded for no given reason anyway.

I QUIT.

I play realism overhaul with loads of mods. I rarely have a crash (well about as rare as it gets with 70+ mods). I haven't had a crash since yesterday :P

Edited by Combatsmithen

yea i was trying to build an eve lander today and it was crashing every 3 minutes.  i gave up and tried to just play around with stuff already in space..  that led to crashes when i tried to stage or go eva.  and im playing stock lol 

im not gonna quit over it but i have swore alot more then nornal.  it really does get frustrating.  i save my ship after every part i place. and create multiple saves. sometimes itll go a while without a problem, then crash alot in a short period of time

Edited by DD_bwest

21 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

I play realism overhaul with loads of mods. I rarely have a crash (well about as rare as it gets with 70+ mods). I haven't had a crash since yesterday :P

Not to be an jerk, but the "Oh look, X player has a perfect game, whaddayaknow, it makes my unplayable experience so much better, less buggy and crash less" posts are really obnoxious. It's not just you, a lot of people have been saying this. It honestly is just more frustrating for those of us that can't even make it past the loading screen, so I think this needs to be put out there: One person having a great experience doesn't make 50 terrible experiences any better, no offense to anyone in particular, it's just really annoying. :(

--EDIT--

To be clear, I mean that posts saying "My game runs just fine" posts are the annoying ones, and there isn't really any good response to them other than "good for you" or "That helps me how again".

Edited by Andem

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Not to be an jerk, but the "Oh look, X player has a perfect game, whaddayaknow, it makes my unplayable experience so much better, less buggy and crash less" posts are really obnoxious. It's not just you, a lot of people have been saying this. It honestly is just more frustrating for those of us that can't even make it past the loading screen, so I think this needs to be put out there: One person having a great experience doesn't make 50 terrible experiences any better, no offense to anyone in particular, it's just really annoying. :(

--EDIT--

To be clear, I mean that posts saying "My game runs just fine" posts are the annoying ones, and there isn't really any good response to them other than "good for you" or "That helps me how again".

I know, but I don't see why so many people are having really bad problems. It maybe just could be your system causing it. I have 1 crash on a good day. On a bad day I have like 5 crashes, on a medium day Ill have like 2 or 3. Mostly medium days.

23 minutes ago, Andem said:

--EDIT--

Id rather trade my working 2fps situation for your unloading/broken 60fps situation in a HEARTBEAT. So don't you complain about my boosting!

6 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

I know, but I don't see why so many people are having really bad problems. It maybe just could be your system causing it. I have 1 crash on a good day. On a bad day I have like 5 crashes, on a medium day Ill have like 2 or 3. Mostly medium days.

No, it's not just his system causing it. Far worse than the "Hey feel better, my game is working!" posts, are the ones like this that insinuate that those who have problems are doing/using something they shouldn't or are somehow doing something wrong.

Stop being an apologist please, only comment if you have a problem.

As to Xyphos leaving- sorry to lose you but this isn't a perfect world. There will always be problems and you'll have to live with them, and if your not willing to compromise or find a solution then your of no help to anyone. I say what I said to someone else, stating the problem does nothing. Explaining it does. We can analyze it, but a bland statement (especially one bordering on complaint) does nothing for anybody.

12 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

There's no evidence that it's individual systems. Even if it is, that helps how? There are many who have played 1.0.5 for months and months without having these problems, and now 1.1.2 is unplayably broken for them. That's not broken systems, that's broken update or broken use of system by update. (I'm not one of those badly affected, but I'm really tired of people basically trolling those that are for saying so)

There may indeed be a difference between your system and the majority of those with crashing issues, but that's not enough to make it a system issue in the face of the sheer number of affected (according to my poll only a little over half of all people are playing 1.1.x without frequent bug problems).

@Xyphos this is actually probably the best thing for it if the bugs are that troublesome to you - 1.1.3 or 1.2 (whichever comes first) will be along sooner or later, but meanwhile don't forget you can still play 1.0.5 by downloading from Steam or the KSP store if you want to.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

23 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Let me be clear: I didn't mean to pick you out, but I already had half a mind to bring it up and you provided an opportunity to voice my opinion. As for why it happens to random people, It's hard to speculate. My computer ran 1.1.1 just fine, but 1.1.2 usually dies whenever I try to boot it up. For me, it seems to change between startups. So, in most cases, it's unlikely a system issue, but it is one of those things that is damn near impossible to pin down,

Crashes I had with 1.1.2 this month: 1

Crashes I had with 1.0.5 last month: 14

Overall 1.0.5-1.1.2 framerate increase: 3 times faster.

Krakens seen in 1.1.2: none

Bugs: nil

I don't see the problem everyone else is having, or I probably have this "crap for stability" exchange going on with my computer.

A thought here...

Could those having these serious issues compare notes to see if there is a common theme?

System specs,  etc.

Particular mods or combinations of mods.

What are they doing at the times of crashes etc. In as much detail as possible. 

No guarantees of course, but this may at least help to see if there is a particular set (or sets) of circumstances that trigger it.  And therefore make a fix or temporary work around a bit more likely.

I'm wondering if mods actually help. I crash on vessel loading or scene switching fairly frequently, or glitches in the VAB, but I hardly ever get random glitches during flight. I have a few mods like Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and a few other mods that I wonder if they could be helping to stabilize the game? I couldn't say but I agree with @pandaman about comparing systems to find patterns. Maybe we can help the guys out who seem to be having problems with the update.

I tried out 1.1.x on my work laptop. It has some cute new features but too many problems, so on my home computer where I actually play KSP I'm sticking with 1.0.5. Looking forward to eventually trying out 1.2... if the landing legs, landing gear, and tracking center all get fixed.

Jesus, this forum is getting as bad as the Elite Dangerous one where any negative comment about the game is instantly jumped on.

There ARE issues inherent to 1.1.2, the symmetry related crash being one of the most prevalent and I say this whilst reloading the game after it crashed when i tried to replace a part with symmetry.

Sure ragequitting without leaving a bug report isn't exactly helpful but enough people have reported the same issue.

It IS frustrating to spend a large amount of time building the perfect craft only for KSP to go "Lol NOPE" when you try to place or replace a part, so maybe try cutting the OP some slack...