Devnote Tuesday: One One Three

SQUAD

Welcome Rodrigo.

Hope the team is thinking about a 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 with lesser priority bugs fixed. there is still a lot of work and just fixing the bugs that exist, even the ones that seem low level, improves more the game than more content.

"Better a working game than two bugged ones." - ancient Chinese proverb.

Edited by slotter

23 minutes ago, Laguna said:

NathanKell and Mu (Mike) in last week's Squadcast hinted about various new features in Unity 5.4 that if they don't end up being used in stock v.12, will be available for use by modders.  Someone who follows Unity developed would probably know more of what those would be. :)

I remember Mu talking about redoing the PQS system to make use of [something] and command buffers and other new stuff, but it sounded like work like that would be a while off yet

14 minutes ago, slotter said:

"Better a working game than two bugged ones." - ancient Chinese proverb.

I HIGHLY doubt the chinese had videogames back when all of these "proverbs" were invented :D

Anyways, good luck with 1.13, im really hoping for some bugfixes (especially that rage inducing NaN+vessel deleteion when shooting ibeams at stuff from farther then 200m).  As for the antenna thing, whilke a neat idea, i doubt ill ever use it since probes are in my opinion advanced AI that can do its own thing just like a kerbal would.  Doesnt make sense to restrict my droid armies to have to use control ships (which are probably going to be wiped out leaving the droids helpless)...

Edited by panzer1b

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Roy is the first new addition to the team, which we’re looking to restructure and expand in the near future:

Welcome Rodrigo!  And, I am very pleased to hear that Squad is planning on expanding their programming staff.  All you who were fearful of the game's development stopping can now breathe much easier.  Keep up the great work everyone!

Edited by justidutch

Welcome to the team, Roy. I don't do anything with consoles, but if you being on the team means one more way to keep the rest of the team chained to the PC desk fixing and improving stuff for what I do use, you are ok in my book. :D

6 hours ago, SQUAD said:

but the general feeling here is that we’re quickly running out of high priority bugs to address, which bodes well for a release next week.

I'll account on that words. We'll see if it was just a feeling or reality.

Edited by Sirad

I hope they have this crashing thing in the VAB and what not <the one that invokes NTDLL.DLL that is> sorted out. I am beyond sick of wondering when the game will give up on me. Also, I hope they are addressing the sudden resurgence of the "Cannot Deploy While Stowed" thing that is attacking things again. Landing gear that is on the outside, clearly outside, needs to deploy when the command is issued. Having to fiddle with a cargo door just to convince the gear to work while trying to fly a ship at the same time is unacceptable. just saying.

also, what gives with people posting "f" ?

43 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

I hope they have this crashing thing in the VAB and what not <the one that invokes NTDLL.DLL that is> sorted out.

I've posted another add-on fix attempt in the BUST thread. Give it a try and see if that helps.

43 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

also, what gives with people posting "f" ?

dev notes... :wink:

7 hours ago, SQUAD said:

...though on the flip side Ted’s work on the experimental testing has been complicated over the past few days because of a broken internet connection. Press [F] to pay your respects.

13 hours ago, RoverDude said:

That's a pic of my development branch :)

Not quite :wink:

You can of course disable the feature, and we've also ensured that you will not be put in a situation where your unmanned craft are 'bricked', but it will be enabled by default.

How will this affect unmanned rovers deployed from manned craft?

18 hours ago, KasperVld said:

Relays are in 1.2 :wink:

Ahem ... "Relays will be in 1.2"

Since 1.2 is not yet a reality .... "CasperVid you are fined one credit for violation of the verbal temporal code" :)

Looking forward to 1.1.3

Edited by RW-1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.