[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

15 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Right, no OP electrics. I'd expect a single GTG-250-H Gas Turbine Generator to produce enough lift for a single WB-50 "Jet Stream" Electric Prop or a single WB-51 "Monsoon" Ducted Fan. A single GTG-250-H Gas Turbine Generator should be enough for 4 WB-21 "Tornado" Ducted Fans or 2 WB-25 "Twister" Electric Props.

Yeah, I am aiming for something like how it floats now. The problem I have is that 1) the airship bobs up and down as its lift capacity changes with altitude for the current envelope volume, and 2) trim is horrible. I want something that'll fly straight and level. So, like a submarine, I may end up with lift envelopes and trim envelopes.

Is there a beta or pre-release somewhere in one of your GitHub branches? I'd love to check that out.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:04 PM, Angel-125 said:

No, sorry. But you will find all the Bison bits in WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola and WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Wheel. You can delete all the other parts.

Also, quick check in- is Hooligan Labs' plugin still working in 1.12.3?

Finally got around to testing in an instance without 130+ mods. Yes, HL is working in 1.12.3.

When I use a dirigible section it tells me that lift is 0.00kN and my lift capacity is empty and lift multiplayer doesn't seems to do anything. I tried witch cheat menu to put my vessel into different altitudes like 100m 500m 1000m but no change, I tried to put on engines or wings but no change either. And nothing in flight operation toolbar menu seems to do anything either. Can someone please tell me what I am missing

4 hours ago, Chladic88 said:

@Baker_02 do you have installed Hooligan Lab Airship? It contains a module for correct working of Heisenberg Airship.

I didn't have it, now when I put it there both lift option and lift capacity displaying options are gone, but there is a new gui that makes blimp fly (somewhat). Thanks for the advice

Edited by Baker_02

3 hours ago, Baker_02 said:

I didn't have it, now when I put it there both lift option and lift capacity displaying options are gone, but there is a new gui that makes blimp fly (somewhat). Thanks for the advice

Right now you still need Hooligan Labs' plugin to fly, so your lack of lift option makes sense. The built-in solution is still in development.

You are welcome :-)

You should have there now two icons for Airships. One is from Hooligan - you can use it for control of your engines from Heisenberg or control the airparking mode. Airparking mode is really useful as you can land your airship in the air :D

And the second icon is for controls of the lift. Dont forget to use auto-pitch, which will help balance your airship.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep setting airship modules to battery in the VAB/SPH , but they change back to inventory when i launch the vehicle?

Has anyone else experienced this bug? I haven't found a fix as of yet,

EDIT: I have a found that I can reconfigure the storage to a battery after launch by setting the container to "Equipment" and having an engineer on the craft.

HOWEVER. switching to another vessel that is out of physics range resets the airship part to default inventory again....

Edited by RB101

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post about this (please point the correct thread out to me if not, sorry in advance!)

I've got a contract that is asking me to do a "Temperature Study on Kerbin"

There are no location markers in the tracking station, and using a thermometer does nothing towards completing the experiment...

I did a short search on google, and stumbled upon this github repository related to "wildblue industries"
Link: https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/blob/master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Experiments/BasicExperiments.cfg

The github repository contained this code, which I was hoping would help me understand what I needed to do... but has only left me more confused...
CODE:

Spoiler
EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
  {
  id = WBITemperatureStudy
  title = Temperature Study
  baseValue = 12
  scienceCap = 36
  dataScale = 1
  situationMask = 63
  biomeMask = 3
  tags = basic
  mass = 0.01
  description = The DStaal Institute of Technology (DIT) came up with this study to learn how temperatures change in space. Does being in the sun help? We're not sure yet - go find out.
  requiredResources = LabTime,18
  requiredPart = 2HOT Thermometer
  requiredPart = Univ. Storage - PresMat / 2Hot
  requiredPart = CA-SC100 Thermometer
  requiredPart = LDEF Temperature Study

situations = ORBITING;LANDED;SPLASHED
  techRequired = spaceExploration

RESULTS
  {
  default = Sometimes the temperature goes up, and sometimes it goes down. We're not sure why, although the sight of Kerbol seems to have something to do with it.

KerbinSrfLanded = Daytime temperatures are somewhat higher than nighttime temperatures here.
  KerbinSrfLandedTundra = Temperatures go down if you put the thermometer underground. Of course, the thermometer is designed to be operated in space...
  KerbinSrfSplashed = The presence of water seems to mitigate the day/night temperature shifts.
  KerbinSrfLandedDeserts = We expected the temperature to be remain very high, but it seems the desert cools off quite a bit at night.

KerbinInSpace = Measuring the temperature of space appears to be very hard - we are getting the temperature of our ship, not the surrounding vacuum.
  KerbinInSpace = Temperature readings appear to be largely dependent on whether the thermometer is exposed to Kerbol at the time of the reading.
  KerbinInSpace = Experimental readings were disrupted by Bill trying to bake a cake. Where he found an oven we're not sure. The cake was delicious though.
  KerbinInSpace = Temperatures inside the ship are largely as set by the life support system. Wait, you wanted us to measure the *outside* temperature changes?

MunSrfLanded = Temperature changes appear to be extreme on the Munar surface - dependent largely on the position of the sun.
  MinmusSrfLanded = Temperatures here are a bit warm - for ice cream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

25 minutes ago, RB101 said:

@Angel-125

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post about this (please point the correct thread out to me if not, sorry in advance!)

I've got a contract that is asking me to do a "Temperature Study on Kerbin"

There are no location markers in the tracking station, and using a thermometer does nothing towards completing the experiment...

I did a short search on google, and stumbled upon this github repository related to "wildblue industries"
Link: https://github.com/Angel-125/WildBlueTools/blob/master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Experiments/BasicExperiments.cfg

The github repository contained this code, which I was hoping would help me understand what I needed to do... but has only left me more confused...
CODE:

Hide contents
EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
  {
  id = WBITemperatureStudy
  title = Temperature Study
  baseValue = 12
  scienceCap = 36
  dataScale = 1
  situationMask = 63
  biomeMask = 3
  tags = basic
  mass = 0.01
  description = The DStaal Institute of Technology (DIT) came up with this study to learn how temperatures change in space. Does being in the sun help? We're not sure yet - go find out.
  requiredResources = LabTime,18
  requiredPart = 2HOT Thermometer
  requiredPart = Univ. Storage - PresMat / 2Hot
  requiredPart = CA-SC100 Thermometer
  requiredPart = LDEF Temperature Study

situations = ORBITING;LANDED;SPLASHED
  techRequired = spaceExploration

RESULTS
  {
  default = Sometimes the temperature goes up, and sometimes it goes down. We're not sure why, although the sight of Kerbol seems to have something to do with it.

KerbinSrfLanded = Daytime temperatures are somewhat higher than nighttime temperatures here.
  KerbinSrfLandedTundra = Temperatures go down if you put the thermometer underground. Of course, the thermometer is designed to be operated in space...
  KerbinSrfSplashed = The presence of water seems to mitigate the day/night temperature shifts.
  KerbinSrfLandedDeserts = We expected the temperature to be remain very high, but it seems the desert cools off quite a bit at night.

KerbinInSpace = Measuring the temperature of space appears to be very hard - we are getting the temperature of our ship, not the surrounding vacuum.
  KerbinInSpace = Temperature readings appear to be largely dependent on whether the thermometer is exposed to Kerbol at the time of the reading.
  KerbinInSpace = Experimental readings were disrupted by Bill trying to bake a cake. Where he found an oven we're not sure. The cake was delicious though.
  KerbinInSpace = Temperatures inside the ship are largely as set by the life support system. Wait, you wanted us to measure the *outside* temperature changes?

MunSrfLanded = Temperature changes appear to be extreme on the Munar surface - dependent largely on the position of the sun.
  MinmusSrfLanded = Temperatures here are a bit warm - for ice cream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

If I recall correctly, you can't just run the experiment for temperature study. You need to recover the part with the experiment.

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

If I recall correctly, you can't just run the experiment for temperature study. You need to recover the part with the experiment.

Thanks!

Any idea which part has the experiment?

I've also just noticed that the github code mentions "lab time" , so i'm assuming it has something to do with  the mobile lab?

18 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Thanks!

Any idea which part has the experiment?

I've also just noticed that the github code mentions "lab time" , so i'm assuming it has something to do with  the mobile lab?

The science system in Wild Blue Industries was based on transferring experiments to and from stations like in the real world. It's been awhile, but I believe the stock MPL can generate LabTime from ResearchKits. You should be able to load the Temperature Study experiment into the stock  Experiment Storage Unit. There should be a button on the part to show the experiment manifest to do that.

These screens were made for M.O.L.E. several years ago, but the concept applies to the stock parts as well:

https://github.com/Angel-125/MOLE/wiki/Science!

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It's been awhile, but I believe the stock MPL can generate LabTime from ResearchKits. You should be able to load the Temperature Study experiment into the stock  Experiment Storage Unit. There should be a button on the part to show the experiment manifest to do that.

These screens were made for M.O.L.E. several years ago, but the concept applies to the stock parts as well:

https://github.com/Angel-125/MOLE/wiki/Science!

Thanks! :D  , just finished the contract!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bug where the airship parts that have reconfigurable storage revert to their default setting when switching vessels,

I've been trying to set them to batteries, but the go back to liquid fuel or empty configuration when i switch back to the vessel :/

Anyone else experienced something like this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.