[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

I know that i should probably produce a log file but, the thing is that the game won't crash, but it just freezes in the loading screen near the end when i add this mod, here is a screen shot, i even left this screen open for 20 minutes and nothing happens

NhHVnfNXQu_P5YtXqWJeXg.png

it only happens with this mod in the list. i'm not sure if the log file in the middle of loading screen like this would be useful or not and which log file can help us here

ok, i think I found the problem in KSP.log in the root of game folder, take a look :

[LOG 23:20:37.912] FSCoolant not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[ERR 23:20:37.913] Module ModuleEngines threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[WRN 23:20:37.917] Could not create PartResource of type 'FSCoolant
[LOG 23:20:37.947] PartLoader: Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Engine/propEngines/eFan/SXTeFan' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:20:37.953] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SXTeFan'

Edited by Jiraiyah

Ok, couple of things:

1. I wonder if you might have more than one copy of MM installed, that text overwriting other text is something indicative of that
  2. Please remove the SETIrebalance and try again.  Your screen is showing errors specific to that mod, so might as well remove those errors before troubleshooting this

After that, if it still happens, then send me the output_log.txt

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, couple of things:

1. I wonder if you might have more than one copy of MM installed, that text overwriting other text is something indicative of that
  2. Please remove the SETIrebalance and try again.  Your screen is showing errors specific to that mod, so might as well remove those errors before troubleshooting this

take a look at the post again, provided some info from a log file

no, there is one single instance of module manager, and the error i get, i don't think it has anything to do with those errors from seti (he has tons of older module manager patches)

ok, tried without seti balance mod, but the problem is still there. my game instance is really heavily modded, i have no idea what can cause that null point exception

Edited by Jiraiyah

42 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

[LOG 23:20:37.912] FSCoolant not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed. [ERR 23:20:37.913] Module ModuleEngines threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is definitely the problem.

Do you have Firespitter installed, cause FSCoolant comes from that

5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

I know that i should probably produce a log file but, the thing is that the game won't crash

For future reference, this doesn't matter. The output log is in a open write state from the moment the game starts until it crashes or shuts down so at any point you can open it to see what's been logged so far (maybe not on all OSes?)

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ProjectXa3 said:

Question: Would you like to post some form of description, for those of us in the room who don't already know, of what exactly it is that's in this mod? Like, in detail?

I added a link to the original thread, but here it is again:

11 hours ago, Davaeron said:

Many parts contained in this excellent mod are displayed solid grey outside of the hangar...  eunning version 1.3.1 32 bits on windows....

Are you running dx11 or opengl?

If the parts are showing properly in the hanger, then it's not a problem with the mod.  Please provide a log file so the actual cause can be determined

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running dx11 or opengl?

If the parts are showing properly in the hanger, then it's not a problem with the mod.  Please provide a log file so the actual cause can be determined

I was forcing openGL as some say it's less demanding for the RAM but since I only run 4 mods I reverted to the default directX ( not sure which one)  and everuthing is back to normal.  Btw I'm a big plane enthusiast and just for the nice cockpits this mod is amazing!

24 minutes ago, Davaeron said:

I was forcing openGL as some say it's less demanding for the RAM but since I only run 4 mods I reverted to the default directX ( not sure which one)  and everuthing is back to normal.  Btw I'm a big plane enthusiast and just for the nice cockpits this mod is amazing!

openGL is easy on memory, but as you found out, sometimes it causes problems.

glad it all worked out

3 hours ago, Davaeron said:

Have you seen AirplanePlus? As a fellow airplane enthusiast, it's one of my absolute favorite mods as well. 

Having issue with SXT. https://imgur.com/UdBP5CD

Finally narrowed down to the SXTTubeAntenna part,

Mod list; https://imgur.com/l5xycqT , CKAN install and .craft file; https://pastebin.com/DUmaY4Em

Steps to reproduce, Aero FX settings to max, Immediate 70 degree on launch, staging on empty; burn to 15-17km then slowly flatten to 10 degrees at 25, burn till aero effects start and progress

Edit: Made a quick video record, forgot g force has it built in, forgot to set mic to not record so you'll hear me coughing around1 min in(i then mute my mic) The issue starts ~4:15

Edited by PirateofAE
adding video record

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not enough info.  Video needed

All right here it is in video.   LINK  :    

MODS and Versions :  

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
Firespitter - 7.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.5
SXTContinued - 0.3.20
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5
TweakScale - 2.3.7

Ok.  It's a KSP bug, triggered by the way you are adding them.  The fact that the plane jumped up in the air was significant.

Install this mod, it may help:  

Also, upload the craft file somewhere so I can take a look at it and try to reporoduce it

2 hours ago, PirateofAE said:

Having issue with SXT. https://imgur.com/UdBP5CD

Finally narrowed down to the SXTTubeAntenna part,

Mod list; https://imgur.com/l5xycqT , CKAN install and .craft file; https://pastebin.com/DUmaY4Em

Steps to reproduce, Aero FX settings to max, Immediate 70 degree on launch, staging on empty; burn to 15-17km then slowly flatten to 10 degrees at 25, burn till aero effects start and progress

Edit: Made a quick video record, forgot g force has it built in, forgot to set mic to not record so you'll hear me coughing around1 min in(i then mute my mic) The issue starts ~4:15

So the issue is the aero effects?

First, you need to do a clean install with only this mod and see if you can get it reproduced.  Those effects look strange, but I have no idea what would be causing it.

A log file would also be useful

Hitting F3 right after the explosions shows the following:

• J-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL collided into J-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL
  • T-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL collided into Runway

Jet engines can't be surface attached, they need to go into something.  You also didn't have any air intakes.

I assume you put those engines on the front for power, but that's the wrong place for them.  Actually,  I got the plane flying with only two of the engines, but the vrersion I updated for  you has 6 on the wings.

You also didn't build it with symmetry, my version has it, makes it much easier to build

I've gotten your plane working, you can get  it here:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8wuvdkpm091b56/Albatros.craft?dl=0

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hitting F3 right after the explosions shows the following:

• J-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL collided into J-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL
  • T-414 Jaguar Afterburning Turbofan VTOL collided into Runway

Jet engines can't be surface attached, they need to go into something.  You also didn't have any air intakes.

I assume you put those engines on the front for power, but that's the wrong place for them.  Actually,  I got the plane flying with only two of the engines, but the vrersion I updated for  you has 6 on the wings.

You also didn't build it with symmetry, my version has it, makes it much easier to build

I've gotten your plane working, you can get  it here:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8wuvdkpm091b56/Albatros.craft?dl=0

OK"  thank you very much.  I did not know you had to insert the engine into a precooler, fuel tank or fuselage.  It look nice.   On a side note, I did not used symmetry because it produces this result:

https://imgur.com/a/aMQol

but if I place one without symmetry and aim its vectoring thrust downward, I then ALT-click it and place it back with symmetry I get the perfect result.  

The front engine were there to make it a VTOL with the help of Throttle Controlled Avionics 1.4.1 but even with most of it's fuel out and many more engine it is a design too heavy for that.  Maybe with rocket engine.

Many thanks for your time.  I shall make a nice ( and lighter ) cargo vtol !

On 09/01/2018 at 8:05 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, couple of things:

I vaguely recall Module Manager being a bit smarter about multiple copies than it seems to be now.

However, if you have had MM-related problems, it's worth deleting the MM cache files in Gamedata. It means you'll make a clean start, and it meant I had about 10% few MM patches installed.

I've also removed a few segments. I don't, for example, use the Trucks, so I moved ~/SXT/Parts/ into a zipfile, which sits there as a reminder of what I did.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.