The Hagito Galaxy, a Community Project on constructing an entire galaxy! [REVIVAL]

Planetace

On 11/7/2016 at 11:31 AM, Galacticvoyager said:

I think he means a star that defies out understanding of physics. AKA its literally the size of the plank length.

Mostly correct. However, Planck Stars are a different, alternative theory to the singularity. Basically, the theory states that inside each black hole is a Planck Star. I don't believe it myself, I quite like (and am very familiar with) the singularity. I just thought it would be a cool idea.

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

Yes

Well, here they are!

MER

MCQ4FQT.jpg

ER'LO

WgsLZ0T.jpg

SOLARIA

7hAi9A2.jpg

JOLTON

qq0k0bB.jpg

HOTH

2YNeC0r.jpg

ILO

zxzQ5yS.jpg

The weird coloring of Hoth is due to a substantial Nitrogen-Oxygen atmosphere. Also, Mer appears to be a K9V orange dwarf with about 0.6 Solar radii. I believe its mass should be increased to about 0.55 Solar masses.

Since this an already submitted system, here is the planet of Ct'lig! 

Name: Ct'lig 

Parent Body: Varies! (Mer and Ilo) 

Orbital Elements: Vary!

Temperature: -300o C to 2500o C 

Density: Similar to Earth 

Rotation Period: 5 Hours 

Body Type: Noxious World 

Description: Ct'lig is a very interesting planet. You see, its orbit around Mer is very eccentric due to several close encounters with Solaria: at its closest, it's closer than Er'lo, and at its furthest, it's as far out as Ilo! In fact, due to the way the orbits work out, it ends up in Ilo's SOI sometimes around apoapsis. These gravity assists from Ilo change its inclination and argument of periapsis significantly, but the system is unusually stable, with Ct'lig going through an orbital "cycle" roughly every thousand orbits. When Ct'lig is at periapsis, everything melts and the surface looks completely different after it swings back out and cools. Due to toxic chemicals that make up the majority of its atmosphere, it looks a noxious green when it's not melting.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Did this die again?

Not for me! I have a ton of Hagito Galaxy-related screenshots for some systems waiting in my computer...

In fact, the other day I used a bunch of Kopernicus techniques to create a really cool-looking solar system with 5 planets and a few moons. What I did with that system helped me create the new textures for the planets of KIC 7848638 in ProtoJeb's Planets. I will use that system for this galaxy.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

Finally, a new system for the Hagito Galaxy!

TTG-1 SYSTEM

z1bRqA3.png

• Name = TTG-1
  • Radius = 0.857 Suns
  • Mass = 0.679 Suns
  • Gravity = 51.936g
  • Density = 3.85 g/cm3
  • Spectral Type = K4V
  • Temperature = 4,875*K
  • Semi-major axis = 47,198 light years from the Galactic Core
  • Parent = Galactic Core
  • Inclination = 4.886*
  • Eccentricity = 0.0134
  • Planets = 5
  • Description = TTG-1 is an unnamed star located in the middle regions of the Hagito Galaxy. It is a rather large K4V dwarf star with 5 orbiting planets and 4 confirmed moons. One of the star's planets is habitable, yet has no life (yet).

VOC

QrnCUhT.png

• Radius = 0.285 Earth radii
  • Mass = 0.025 Earth masses
  • Gravity = 0.3078g
  • Density = 5.955 g/cm3
  • Temperature = 970*K
  • Semi-Major Axis = 0.065 AU
  • Parent = TTG-1
  • Inclination = 3.87*
  • Eccentricity = 0.03
  • Moons = 0
  • Atmosphere = Yes (55.0 km high, 0.13 atm pressure)
  • Description = The rightfully-named Voc is a small planet close to TTG-1. It is tidally locked, mostly covered in basaltic terrain, and dotted with lava lakes. The atmosphere is thin and superheated, made from vaporized lava. Its large iron content generates an unusually high gravitational pull. Voc is, as a result, a difficult planet to land and survive on.

MOBAS

mvqYtDN.png

• Radius: 0.143 Re
  • Mass: 0.0013 Me
  • Density: 2.45 g/cm3
  • Gravity: 0.0636g
  • Temperature: 648*K
  • Semi-Major Axis: 0.09451 AU
  • Parent: TTG-1
  • Inclination: 4.87*
  • Eccentricity: 0.075
  • Moons: 0
  • Atmosphere: None
  • Description: Mobas is the tiny dwarf planet of the TTG-1 system. It has been at the full mercy of asteroids and intense solar radiation. This poor little world has been baked to death, without any atmosphere to transfer heat nor to protect its surface from impacting objects. Mobas is, however, a very important planet of colonization. Its low gravity and abundance in valuable materials makes Mobas a win-win planet.

OCI

XqhKINl.png

• Radius: 0.948 Re
  • Mass: 0.835 Me
  • Gravity: 0.93g
  • Density: 5.40 g/cm3
  • Temperature: 287*K
  • Semi-Major Axis: 0.496 AU
  • Parent: TTG-1
  • Inclination: 0.87*
  • Eccentricity: 0.004
  • Moons: 1
  • Atmosphere: Yes (62.6 km high; 1.074 atm pressure) 
  • Description: The temperate planet Oci orbits around the inner edge of the system's habitable zone. Nearly the same size and temperature as Earth, it is a comfortable planet prime for life and covered with oceans. However, due to its proximity to the Mobas Asteroid Field, Oci is a victim of many large impacts that have put a limit on life for the past 670 million years. It has a very large and eccentric moon that makes Oci much more active that Earth. Who knows - maybe all this geologic activity may make an atmosphere thick enough to protect its surface.

LANUS

FzDvk0p.png

• Radius: 0.57 Re
  • Mass: 0.135 Me
  • Density: 4.02 g/cm3
  • Gravity: 0.416g
  • Temperature: 318*K
  • Semi-Major Axis: 248,750 km
  • Parent: Oci
  • Inclination: 0.4*
  • Eccentricity: 0.45
  • Atmosphere: None
  • Description: Lanus is the giant moon of Oci that seemed to have formed from a mysterious cataclysm over a billion years ago. It is 60% the radius of its parent, yet has a very eccentric orbit - highly unusual for binary objects. This loopy orbit generates extreme tidal friction in the cores of both Oci and Lanus, making the two objects more geologically active than usual.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by ProtoJeb21
More objects

Cool! Hey @ProtoJeb21, can you model Ct'lig in Space Engine? Thanks. Also, Solaria and Jolton have huge rings! (Solaria in the usual way, like Saturn's rings, and Jolton had a sub-moon (captured comet) that orbited for a few thousand years before being torn apart by tidal forces from Solaria)

ABA 1944

Name: ABA 1944

Radius: 2.05 Solar radii

Mass: 1.49 Solar masses

Density: 245 kg/m3

Type: F5 type star

Temperature: 6257o C

Semi-major axis: 9,878 Light-years away Nee'Kra

Parent Body: Nee'Kra

Inclination: 18.2o

Eccentricity: 0.048

Description: A medium-sized F type star, ABA 1944 resides close to the galactic center of the Hagito galaxy.

ABA 1944b

Name: ABA 1944b

Radius: 0.67 Earth radii

Mass: 0.7 Earth masses

Density: 7.11 g/cm3

Type: Magenta rocky planet

Temperature: -250o C

Semi-major axis: 1010 AU from ABA 1944

Parent Body: ABA 1944

Inclination: 0.1o

Eccentricity: 0.0048

Description: ABA 1944b is a small magenta planet orbiting very far away from it's host star, about 1,010 AU away to be exact.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.