[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Behold -- Nye Island -- or what's left of it after the prismatic apocalypse:

9FF20E2A362595632D51E57C7E2BE8308F69227B

moving the view around in this state is entirely disorienting. It oddly only seems to affect the bottom half or so of the view -- even if the camera is spun around so that more of the base is at the top of the image.

I'm having trouble getting more shots with and without scatterer settings (in case that's contributing). The launch location selector stops "working" and I just get put on the KSC runway each time.

17 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Ah darn, keep forgetting you havent tested with MH. yes, im using the exspansion. and yea, i figured thats how it worked, but didnt appear to be updating, plus the whole not saving it being purchased bit. And im sure this release wasnt easy per se. I appreciate all the effort ya put in :D . Anyways, here is a zip with my log file, and a link to the vod, should direct you to the correct time in the vod, just before i found the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/148_ZgQS-wdQITVBHEA9CqAvc-Ft2BjIS/view?usp=sharing

I have tested mh a bit, but not every part. I guess kk crashed at some point, that's why its not saved when purchased. 

I'll have a look later.

16 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

9FF20E2A362595632D51E57C7E2BE8308F69227B

moving the view around in this state is entirely disorienting. It oddly only seems to affect the bottom half or so of the view -- even if the camera is spun around so that more of the base is at the top of the image.

I'm having trouble getting more shots with and without scatterer settings (in case that's contributing). The launch location selector stops "working" and I just get put on the KSC runway each time.

Just use the kk launchsite selector... 

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

I have tested mh a bit, but not every part. I guess kk crashed at some point, that's why its not saved when purchased. 

I'll have a look later.

oh ok. thanks for takin a look :D. if it crashed, want me to load ksp back up and see if maybe it works now? :o

4 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

I'll have a look later.

Just use the kk launchsite selector... 

I was trying to -- i would select a field, the on-screen message would tell me it was selected, then hitting launch would just drop me right back at KSC. I'll restart and try again to see if I can figure out what's going on there :(

In the mean-time, switching off all scatterer settings didn't do much. I'll try removing it/EVE/SVE/SVT etc. to see if that's having some conflict.

Hey, just noticed this was a 1.4.3 release, does this work with 1.4.2? Asking since this mod isn't just a parts pack, I do see 1.4.x on the release page underneath the name, saying support for 1.4.x, but I am asking just to be sure

Edited by The-Doctor

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Hey, just noticed this was a 1.4.3 release, does this work with 1.4.2? Asking since this mod isn't just a parts pack, I do see 1.4.x on the release page underneath the name, saying support for 1.4.x, but I am asking just to be sure

For the moment I would not say that this mod is working in any way :wink: 
Im working on some bugfixes for the last release. I don't have 1.4.2 anymore, so I cannot test it, but i think it is compatible, but maybe not. 

I have now fixed most of the bugs regarding MH and career games. Also I fixed to more crashes..

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.3.2

This is a bugFix release for KSP 1.4.3:

• MH: Fixed crash when gpoing back to the mainmenue
  • Career: Fixed a crash on the vessel recovery dialog, now the correct amount of funds is returned
  • MH: Career: Opened bases now stay open.
  • MH: The default launch button are now correctly set

This is now usable, as far I can tell. Thanks for all the bugreports.

Great release @Ger_space. everythingthing seems to be working flawlessly!

I only have 1 itsy, bitsy issue, and I don't even care if it gets fixed. The warp to morning is SPOT on. Maybe too spot on lol. In GPP, without KK, the "warp to morning" warps you to 1h:49m, but with KK it warps you to 1h:20m, and you can barely see the sun coming up. Like I said, It's minor and I don't care if you fix it. If anything, the kerbals are just showing up a little earlier for work now! :D 

12 hours ago, woeller said:

I'am using KSP 1.4.3 & MH 1.2 with your latest relese of KK 1.4.3.2 and I can't select the stock launchsites in the VAB.

This is a new install with no other Mods in use than KK and Kerbin Side Remastered.

Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pam1enlwkaucy3m/output_log.txt?dl=0

aObQVkK.jpg

Hast du mal ganz unten in der Liste nachgeschaut? 

The stock launchsites are normally hidden below the kk sites. It's a thing how they are setup.

10 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Hast du mal ganz unten in der Liste nachgeschaut? 

The stock launchsites are normally hidden below the kk sites. It's a thing how they are setup.

Mein Fehler!

I totally missed that i can scroll down the list.

bS8lhZT.jpg

Edited by woeller

2 hours ago, woeller said:

Mein Fehler!

I totally missed that i can scroll down the list.

bS8lhZT.jpg

I know that the stock LaunchSites are missing in the KK launchsite selector. That something I'll add later, when I have some more time. Right now I'm still fixing bugs. 

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Great release @Ger_space. everythingthing seems to be working flawlessly!

I only have 1 itsy, bitsy issue, and I don't even care if it gets fixed. The warp to morning is SPOT on. Maybe too spot on lol. In GPP, without KK, the "warp to morning" warps you to 1h:49m, but with KK it warps you to 1h:20m, and you can barely see the sun coming up. Like I said, It's minor and I don't care if you fix it. If anything, the kerbals are just showing up a little earlier for work now! :D 

hmm intresting, you really want your kerbals sleeping longer for a few minutes. I can try to change that. 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:54 AM, Beetlecat said:

9FF20E2A362595632D51E57C7E2BE8308F69227Be

I'll put that in my todo list, but I have no idea why this is happening if I can fix this. 

A new BugFix release for KSP1.4.3 and updates to  KSP1.3.1 & KSP1.2.2  is released:

KSP 1.4.3

Changes:

• fix wreck spawning on stock buildings
  • less explosing vessels with the PQS editor
  • Set warp to next morning a bit later on Kopernikus planets

KSP 1.3.1

KSP1.2.2

These Version no longer contain the old Example bases, so they are compatible with Kerbin Side Remastered

@AdmiralTigerclaw , you might want to use this

@ThiccRocketScientist KSP wrecks are back

@Galileo Kerbals sleep now longer. 

I'm currently not aware of any game braking bugs, so I'll make a release of Kerbin-Side (classic) , so its better compaitble with rescaled planets.

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I'll put that in my todo list, but I have no idea why this is happening if I can fix this. 

The new(er) versions of KK enable me to hop from site to site more readily, so I'll do some more deliberate testing w and w/o visual mods to see if some aspect of my own rig or combination of mods is causing this.

28 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

The new(er) versions of KK enable me to hop from site to site more readily, so I'll do some more deliberate testing w and w/o visual mods to see if some aspect of my own rig or combination of mods is causing this.

on the first few this looks like broken memory in the grafik card

On 5/1/2018 at 2:54 AM, Beetlecat said:

I'm having trouble getting more shots with and without scatterer settings

Hi, re this weird diffraction,  your problem looks very similar to an issue  we've been having  with the cameras in BDA, they display very much what you show in the screenshot.

After some digging, some improvement  was to be had by turning the scatterer ocean shaders off,  not the most awesome solution, but a passable workaround for now.
As to the cause nobody has identified it as yet .

Today I tried building a Mun Base using Kerbal Konstructs but when I tried to launch from it, it set me back on the default KSX launch pad. I have set the rocket launch pad on the mun base as a launch site and everything, and I did select in the VAB to launch from the mun base. Does anyone have any idea? Is it possible to launch from other planets except for Kerbin?

Edited by skyhawkmlt

1 hour ago, skyhawkmlt said:

Today I tried building a Mun Base using Kerbal Konstructs but when I tried to launch from it, it set me back on the default KSX launch pad. I have set the rocket launch pad on the mun base as a launch site and everything, and I did select in the VAB to launch from the mun base. Does anyone have any idea? Is it possible to launch from other planets except for Kerbin?

The last time I tested it it worked without problems ksp 1.3.1

But I have no idea what you are using, that's makes guessing a bit hard.

Maybe I should distribute a backdoor with kk, so I can get the log files on my own. :ph34r:

No logs -> I cannot help 

@Ger_space I think you went the wrong direction on the "warp to next morning" settings. Now the warp to morning stops at 1h13m in GPP. That's  7 min earlier lol!  I guess kerbals need to beat that early morning traffic to get to the space center on time.

Edited by Galileo

On 5/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, re this weird diffraction,  your problem looks very similar to an issue  we've been having  with the cameras in BDA, they display very much what you show in the screenshot.

After some digging, some improvement  was to be had by turning the scatterer ocean shaders off,  not the most awesome solution, but a passable workaround for now.
As to the cause nobody has identified it as yet .

Can confirm! Turning off one (or two) of the ocean features fixes it. Something in scatter interacting weirdly with other geometries...