[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Random heads up: Kerbalism is under new management, and they skipped from 1.3.0(only) to 1.4.x, so I'm not sure where that leaves plans for support until this goes 1.4.x

@JadeOfMaar, here is a comparison of KSS vs stock Jool.  Gravity (and everything else) is changed.  I welcome a more kingly, challenging Jupiter but this also crushes the possibilities of atmosphere operations without exotic engines- however, there are countless other gaseous bodies to mine, and mod engines exist; I'm still eyeing Hypat in particular for an outpost.

https://imgur.com/a/5XEYL

17 minutes ago, Maffif said:

@JadeOfMaar, here is a comparison of KSS vs stock Jool.  Gravity (and everything else) is changed.  I welcome a more kingly, challenging Jupiter but this also crushes the possibilities of atmosphere operations without exotic engines- however, there are countless other gaseous bodies to mine, and mod engines exist; I'm still eyeing Hypat in particular for an outpost.

https://imgur.com/a/5XEYL

Jool represents Jupiter in KSS. So it got the same amount of gravity.

24,79 m/s² = 2.528 g

Every stock celestial got the same numbers as their real life version. Except for Voon because that's a buffed Saturn. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

16 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Someone (in the KSS team PM) once said that 0.8 would 'be out in an hour'. But that was several weeks ago, anyway.

If it was several weeks ago 1.4.x wasnt out at that time. Thats why they maybe moved the release date. IDK

On 31.3.2018 at 5:57 AM, Davian Lin said:

KSS, I'm back! :cool:

So, the mission "Ernes_Rov01" spended a 1024 years for fully succes of target - landing a rover01 at Ernes!

Imgur album is here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/X6byC

Im curious how do you keep connection with kerbin at a so far distance? A lot of relay networks? (Asking becasue I never played this mod and cant wait to start it on 1.4.x)

Another question, what kind of engines(ion) are you using in the picture gallery? 

And good job :D

3 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Haha April Fools :P KSS won't be out today or tomorrow, but it's possible it can be out within the next month. 0.8 should be out by summer (hoperfully) :)

You cant joke with stuff like that, its not human :(

13 minutes ago, korniton said:

You cant joke with stuff like that, its not human :(

It is Kerbal

17 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Haha April Fools

How can I be so dumb that I would fall for that.

Did you get the nyan cat loading screen?

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

We literally discussed about that on the PM, that's what @StarCrusher96 was meaning with the "KSS will upload in 24 hours" thing :P

Oh I remember. But wasn't that a while ago? :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, korniton said:

how do you keep connection with kerbin at a so far distance? A lot of relay networks?

There is a really overpowered antennae, and 2 others that are reasonably well balanced in KSS.