To Boldly Go interstellar challenge!

18 hours ago, daniel l. said:

That's awesome. Are you running the latest version of TBG?

Well, if CKAN says so, than I assume so. (I forget if it is supproted, I may have hacked it :)

11 = K (11th letter)

5 = E (5th letter)

19 = R (18th letter, but I did a typo in the seed)

2 = B (2nd letter) 

1 = A (1st letter)

12 = L (12th letter) 

So it spells KERBAL!

i do not own ksp, but i showed promise in the demo. i got into orbit with no help in 2 weeks. ( an hour a day)

when i buy the full game and hit all of the milestones,(all of the plenets etc) i will download

your mod, an life support mod, interstellar mod,(the movie) the progekt orion mod, the civ pop mod,kerbodyne+,jx2 antenna,(random telescope mod) mod pods, and a few more.

wish me luck, please tell me what mods i should use, and if you see a mod in the list that is cheaty, TELL ME.

thank you.

21 hours ago, neoshaf said:

i do not own ksp, but i showed promise in the demo. i got into orbit with no help in 2 weeks. ( an hour a day)

when i buy the full game and hit all of the milestones,(all of the plenets etc) i will download

your mod, an life support mod, interstellar mod,(the movie) the progekt orion mod, the civ pop mod,kerbodyne+,jx2 antenna,(random telescope mod) mod pods, and a few more.

wish me luck, please tell me what mods i should use, and if you see a mod in the list that is cheaty, TELL ME.

thank you.

I highly recommend the Wild Blue Industries suite by @Angel-125. (Look in his sig).  Also the Near Future Technology suite by @Nertea, again, look in their sig.

22 minutes ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

is there a faster time warp, because just getting to jool takes FOREVER and going to another sun will take hours with the best time warp.

I  believe there is a mod that gives you faster time warp. :)

• 1 month later...

what i really wanna say is: waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far between each systems, that REALLY needs para-sci jump drive or FTL beacon between each system, actualy, i tried with roberdude alcubierre drive with infinite electricity and propellant, couldn't reach in short period. if you really wanna make somekind of Interstellar Manufacturing Corp or New Republic or somekind, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND to install FTL beacon or somekind with cheat mod, furthest outside of the system, one by one, with similar story as Mass Relay from mass effect series.

21 minutes ago, hyperion9710 said:

what i really wanna say is: waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far between each systems, that REALLY needs para-sci jump drive or FTL beacon between each system, actualy, i tried with roberdude alcubierre drive with infinite electricity and propellant, couldn't reach in short period. if you really wanna make somekind of Interstellar Manufacturing Corp or New Republic or somekind, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND to install FTL beacon or somekind with cheat mod, furthest outside of the system, one by one, with similar story as Mass Relay from mass effect series.

I agree. I will have to eventually package TBG with a custom FTL mod. Perhaps you should modify the code of your Warp Drives to make it faster.

• 1 year later...

I accept the challenge of traveling to the nearest star using ionic propulsion powered by xenon gas, nuclear power sources must promote the energy that the spacecraft needs.
The tech of the spacecraft are from Near Future Technologies mods, I will also take zoology labs with them as if I were taking animals aboard The Ark.

Edited by Dryo

On 1/25/2017 at 6:46 AM, daniel l. said:

You may use any mod that is realistic. (such as Novapunch or KW Rocketry, Or B9,)

Just wondering what your opinion is about KSP Interstellar Extended, which besides the Alcubiere warpdrive has several non faster than light interstellar means of reaching the stars, like the Daedalus Inertial Fusion Engine. It even offers has some technologies even more advanced that would allow in theory do a grand interstellar galaxy tour like Bussard Ramjet.

8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Just wondering what your opinion is about KSP Interstellar Extended, which besides the Alcubiere warpdrive has several non faster than light interstellar means of reaching the stars, like the Daedalus Inertial Fusion Engine. It even offers has some technologies even more advanced that would allow in theory do a grand interstellar galaxy tour like Bussard Ramjet.

They're fine. :) Though it might make the challenge a little too easy, imo. I could probably set levels of 'success' based on what propulsion is used.

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 7:54 PM, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

is there a faster time warp, because just getting to jool takes FOREVER and going to another sun will take hours with the best time warp.

Better Time Warp by @I forget who.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.