Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

19 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

If you made this for the purpose of being funny, then I applaud you. But if someone actual made this and believed it, please link me to the page you found it on. I want to try to use my android device to track their IP (without having to Jailbreak it) and hunt them down.

Or not. :P

I am very opinionated. I really need to calm down about this, for me it's more sensitive of a topic than the EULA or Roblox or Gun Control.

Ouch. And I'm playing this on a 2015 iMac retina. 

SOMEONE GET A MOD ON SPEEDDIAL! THIS COULD GET UGLY!

(jk. I don't care what people think of Macs. Everyone has their own opinions.)

30 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Ouch. And I'm playing this on a 2015 iMac retina. 

SOMEONE GET A MOD ON SPEEDDIAL! THIS COULD GET UGLY!

(jk. I don't care what people think of Macs. Everyone has their own opinions.)

I don't mind the opinions as much as I mnd the blatant disregard for fact. If you like Macs, fine by me. But there are options out there (like, say, a gaming hackintosh) which still have MacOS, are much cheaper, and are much, much more powerful. And these.people have the balls to claim their 2013 MacBook pro is more powerful than my gaming PC. Not you specifically, just most Mac people I know don't even know the specs of their Mac.

(16 gb of DDR4, GTX1060 3Gb, i5-6600k on my PC, for $716 on sale. Checkmate Mac superiortists).

Edited by Kernel Kraken

17 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Not you specifically, just most Mac people I know don't even know the specs of their Mac.

Specs: It's shiny.  It's pretty.  It's fashionable.  It's easy to carry between meetings.  It shows I'm important.  It's expensive, so it must be good.

For being 15% of the user base, causing 80% of the issues we deal with ain't bad. :rolleyes:

(Can you tell I really like the 9th floor management types that get whatever's in style with no thought to how to actually use it?  I will admit there are a handful of mac users that know what they are doing, but they're all in the IT group.)

2 minutes ago, razark said:

Specs: It's shiny.  It's pretty.  It's fashionable.  It's easy to carry between meetings.  It shows I'm important.  It's expensive, so it must be good.

For being 15% of the user base, causing 80% of the issues we deal with ain't bad. :rolleyes:

(Can you tell I really like the 9th floor management types that get whatever's in style with no thought to how to actually use it?  I will admit there are a handful of mac users that know what they are doing, but they're all in the IT group.)

Out of likes....

This is an accurate representation of nearly every Apple user. A lot of them are smart though, like the aforementioned IT dudes.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

13 minutes ago, razark said:

10 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Out of likes....

This is an accurate representation of nearly every Apple user. A lot of them are smart though, like the aforementioned IT dudes.

Same thing here. Out of likes. And just so it is within the theme of this thread... I want to complain that we don't get 30 likes a day. :wink:

4 minutes ago, razark said:

So would I, since I'm missing at least two likes now!

What gets me is there's no understanding of this system. At times, it seems that at midnight, you gain all 25 back. And at other times, like tonight, each of the 25 likes has a different expiration time... I'm so confused.

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

What gets me is there's no understanding of this system. At times, it seems that at midnight, you gain all 25 back. And at other times, like tonight, each of the 25 likes has a different expiration time... I'm so confused.

Sometimes mine resets at 21:00, other times at 01:00, or 08:00. Make up your mind forums.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Not you specifically, just most Mac people I know don't even know the specs of their Mac.

Sure I do...

Spoiler

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun! :cool:

15 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Sure I do...

Hide contents

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun! :cool:

Bit that's a Big Mac! :P

Just noticed the new emojis. Now I have more emojis I'll probably not use!

Bit that's a Big Mac! :P

@Kernel Kraken, you simply asked for the specifications of a mac... You didn't say what type of mac! :cool:

(I agree, I won't use the generic NON KSP emoticons. I simply refuse...)

Edited by adsii1970

Neh, those have been there. Just... hidden.

Also noticed the selection quote is different.

50 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@Kernel Kraken, you simply asked for the specifications of a mac... You didn't say what type of mac! :cool:

(I agree, I won't use the generic NON KSP emoticons. I simply refuse...)

And I think you got the specs wrong...

'All- Beef Patties' seems a bit sketchy. I think it's a McDonald's Highly- Processed Psuedo- Beef- Like- Product- With- Beef- In- it.

1 minute ago, Kernel Kraken said:

And I think you got the specs wrong...

'All- Beef Patties' seems a bit sketchy. I think it's a McDonald's Highly- Processed Psuedo- Beef- Like- Product- With- Beef- In- it. 

But here are the manufacturer's specifications:

So... EAT that! :cool:

Just now, adsii1970 said:

But here are the manufacturer's specifications:

So... EAT that! :cool:

Trusting a big cooperation? You people disgust me. Stick it to the MAN and refuse to support money- sucking, sickening cooperation!

Nah, just joking. But I think we can sue them for false advertising and if we play our cards right get Squad more funding or pay every modder two hundred bucks.

10 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Trusting a big cooperation? You people disgust me. Stick it to the MAN and refuse to support money- sucking, sickening cooperation!

Nah, just joking. But I think we can sue them for false advertising and if we play our cards right get Squad more funding or pay every modder two hundred bucks.

Hahaha, wait... Squad is a part of one of those big corporations, Take Two... :blush: This might not end well...

Whose idea was to bring up Mac's specifications anyway?

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Hahaha, wait... Squad is a part of one of those big corporations, Take Two... :blush: This might not end well...

Whose idea was to bring up Mac's specifications anyway?

I was complaining about MacOS.

I was complaining about MacOS.

And I like Mac OS, but was complaining about the perpetual decline into mediocrity of Apple's hardware performance, expandability, and upgradability.

As for today's new complaint... Walmart sucks at video game releases. The Nintendo Switch finally is getting "South Park: The Fractured But Whole". It was supposed to release today, but the local Walmart doesn't appear to have it. Sadly, Walmart has already driven the local Target and the local Gamestop out of town. Now they are the only ones who sell new games... Except half the time, they never even have the item on th e launch day, and the other half, they have it, but never stock the shelves with it, cause they get behind on their updates. It wasn't always like this either... I used to be able to just show up at 6 am, when they opened, and find someone and ask for it, and they'd get it from the back, or from the stock cart... Not now! No preparation for new sales, and a seeming obsession with their "modulars". That's the second time they've biffed a new video game release in LESS than ONE week! :mad:

Alaska Airlines is removing all Virgin America branding tonight and the last flight from Virgin is leaving as 1947 from Los Angeles at 9:35. Never flew on them, but I always thought the red livery was cool, as was the Redwood callsign.

1. Personally owned devices are soon to be banned from being used for teleworking.  (There is some question as to whether this means we cannot use webmail to check our email.)

1A. Any teleworking will require agency issued equipment.

2. Working from home is not a valid reason for being issued agency equipment.

3. The center encourages teleworking every other Friday, to the point of switching buildings to weekend mode (reduced lights, no AC, etc.).

D. All portable equipment must be protected with full disk encryption, in case the device is stolen.

E. "The PIN to unlock encryption is the Asset Number printed on the tag attached to the computer."

Edited by razark

8 hours ago, razark said:

Personally owned devices are soon to be banned from being used for teleworking.

If they don't know it, would it be possible ? Or is the IP tracked ?

Let's be honest, WhatsApp is probably more secure than any odd thing your company is trying.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:23 AM, Kernel Kraken said:

MacOS

Bloatware ?

TBH, this is why I hate the customized android by manufacturers. But the last time I did AOSP and then forgot to keep up with it, the entire stuff broke down, so I'll just keep shut.

I have a new english teacher. I'd just sat down at my desk and got out my stuff while the teacher was getting ready to teach the lesson. My classmate (who sits next to me) arrived and asked for me to tuck in my chair so he could get to his desk. The teacher was walking past as I said 'sure' and he said 'quiet' to me.

Grr :mad: 

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I have a new english teacher. I'd just sat down at my desk and got out my stuff while the teacher was getting ready to teach the lesson. My classmate (who sits next to me) arrived and asked for me to tuck in my chair so he could get to his desk. The teacher was walking past as I said 'sure' and he said 'quiet' to me.

Grr :mad: 

I think it should be a school rule, that kids are allowed to speak when the lesson is starting and people are still walking in. It should only be quiet when people are following the actual lesson or when people are working.