[KSP 1.3.1] Stock Size Real Solar System [0.0.3.1]

Galileo

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Where in the install instructions does it say to install SVE? Or BoulderCo?

SSRSS comes with its own clouds. You just need to install the clouds in the optional folder.

the reason you are having issues is because you are mixing visual mods.. SVE is for Stock. Only works with stock. 

Remove SVE and only use the clouds cfg that comes with SSRSS.

To those having issues with black bodies:

this is due to a change in Kopernicus and I do know how to fix it, I just haven’t had the time or the motivation to fix this mod recently. I will get to it when I have the chance. You can roll back to a version of Kopernicus that works with it or you can wait until I update.

Thanks for the help. I soon realized that this morning and will fix it later. I'm building up to the point of too many mods installed and I'm just going to get back to ones I need/want. 

I'm going to start over with my visual mods. Hopefully this goes right now that I've got my head on right. Been so excited with how awesome these mods are I over did it and layered some visual mods on top of each other. 9gb later and 3 game installs hopefully I'll get this right. Lol

For me....1.3.1 is running so much better than 1.3.0 on my xps15....:smooth as butter.

Edited by Philaphlous

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

not sure what you mean...

Scatterer, EVE and RSS are having a lot of issues with 1.3.1

I should try Real Size but prefer stock sized system.

Edited by SSSPutnik

Seems to be working correctly now...

Few things I've noticed with these mods installed:

SSRSS

RSS

RSS-textures

Scatter 0.0320

EVE

Kopernicus 1.3.1-2

Sigma

Kronometer

When I start from beginning it's great. Earth clouds and city overlay for textures. However, I switch to a previous ship on Mars and still no Mars clouds/atmosphere... Does loading a ship from the tracking station load previous configs? Seems the eve toolbar isn't finding the clouds for Mars...not sure if I missed a step but I followed the instructions to the T. Maybe the eve mod has the compatibility issue with RSS and I need to do the mod for it? Maybe I should post in the Scatter thread...what should my Scatter configs look like on the start up  page?

1 hour ago, ShiMengG said:

Hi, I think there is something wrong with my game.

my game version:1.3.1.1891 64x zh-cn

Why in my game, the sky and the ground are always dim?

Sorry, I will not add pictures on this site。

Is it possible for you to add pictures in some way? It makes it much easier to find the problem. Both pictures from in the game, and of your gamedata folder, are always appreciated.

Regardless, a list of what mods you have installed, and a copy of your outputlog.txt would help as well.

(Make sure to put the outputlog.txt in a spoiler box here, otherwise it will be several pages long :D)

26 minutes ago, minepagan said:

是否有可能以某种方式添加图片?这使得更容易找到问题。总是欣赏游戏中的图片和你的gamedata文件夹。

无论如何,你已经安装了什么mod的列表,以及outputlog.txt的副本也会有帮助。

(请确保将outputlog.txt放在一个扰流盒中,否则将会有几页长  :D

This is my mod directory:

3914b0786ce14cc8.png

This is problem screenshot:

0db04fd1958cd5a5.png

a78e383effdd9815.png

After my screening, I found the problem lies in GameData \ SSRSS \ configs \ SunCurve.cfg

After I removed SunCurve.cfg, the problem was solved.

75dd25e7a01e4632.png

But I do not want to delete the file, Is there any way I can change my own code? I  do not understand English well.

Edited by ShiMengG

23 minutes ago, minepagan said:

是否有可能以某种方式添加图片?这使得更容易找到问题。总是欣赏游戏中的图片和你的gamedata文件夹。

无论如何,你已经安装了什么mod的列表,以及outputlog.txt的副本也会有帮助。

(请确保将outputlog.txt放在一个扰流盒中,否则将会有几页长  :D

Which folder is output_log.txt? I did not find it.

The mod is looking awesome thus far! Still need to figure out what is going on at the KSC at night...the buildings are black but once you get to day they all light up...

Trying to get a skybox mod to work...hasn't worked thus far with texture replacer replaced...

38861031325_36388d8d38_o.png

14 hours ago, ShiMengG said:

This is my mod directory:

3914b0786ce14cc8.png

This is problem screenshot:

0db04fd1958cd5a5.png

a78e383effdd9815.png

After my screening, I found the problem lies in GameData \ SSRSS \ configs \ SunCurve.cfg

After I removed SunCurve.cfg, the problem was solved.

75dd25e7a01e4632.png

But I do not want to delete the file, Is there any way I can change my own code? I  do not understand English well.

No need to send logs, as when I get to update this mod, the sun curve cfg will be deleted, and you have already done that.

10 hours ago, Oneiros said:

Could you please upload this to Spacedock. Github is notoriously bad with large files. I'm not sure why this is bigger than most texture packs and other solar system mods.

It took me about 8+ tries to get the 200mb texture pack so without an alternative download URL, success is unlikely. And this is the only realistic solar system mod that has been updated to 1.3.1. I'm hoping it doesn't have all the texture artifacts that RSS comes with.

I have been using github for a long time, and this is literally the first I have heard of it being “notoriously bad with large files”. Regardless, I am not the owner of the textures repo, so no I won’t host somewhere else. Even if I could, I wouldn’t because that creates more work for me by having to upload every time changes are made. I can’t be bothered to do that tbh. Sorry.

Edited by Galileo

5 hours ago, Philaphlous said:

The mod is looking awesome thus far! Still need to figure out what is going on at the KSC at night...the buildings are black but once you get to day they all light up...

Trying to get a skybox mod to work...hasn't worked thus far with texture replacer replaced...

38861031325_36388d8d38_o.png

Yea I know...quoting my own post...but I had a question I wanted to bump to the top... How do you get city lights to glow yellow like I've seen in other threads? Posting mobile here but I've seen some really high res city lights comparable to that seen from the iss irl... I see the city lights in my pic I posted here but they're like a dull white light. Pictures from the iss at night will show that like 2700k light glow from the cities?

@Oneiros you should be able to use pretty much any download manager to pull files off github and resume if/when the connection drops. They're just http/https links, after all. Maybe see if one of the ones reviewed here suits your needs: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/the-best-free-download-manager-1328199:)

What's the latest supported versions for kopernicus and scatter? I've been encountering some shading issues on the ksp space center at night and square tiles appearing/disappearing and seeing just water underneath when ascenting during my gravity turn...wondering if I need to revert to an earlier kopernicus version? I'm on 1.3.1-2. I read earlier try like 1.3.0-6 or 1.3.0-8? I'm running ksp version 1.3.1... I see my city lights at night at launch but then as I get to orbit they look terrible as they're showing up in square tiles... Ive tried to change the settings in EVE but when I try to reference the ssrss/city detail2 which has the light textures they all go blank...Maybe an EVE issue?

52 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Delete the sun curve cfg

Ahh sorry I looked above but ALL of the ground ShiMengG's post looked dark so thought it was a different issue.  Thanks!

*Update*

Hrm, nope, deleting suncurve did not fix the issue.

Edited by SSSPutnik
Suggested fix did not work.

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Delete the sun curve cfg

Tried that and still have the same issue... Seems like I'm getting overlaying textures on the ground too...scatter bug? Every once and awhile when I switch screens KSC will be flooded...partially or completely...lol realistic! haha

By Day:

28074433989_1a5af9a3cf_b.jpg

By Night:

25980364158_0f86ee5842_b.jpg

Electron rocket:

28074433019_6187e2841d_b.jpg

Mod Folder:

25980414608_67b4fd0ec2_b.jpg

I'm thinking its more EVE or Scatter with the bugs... I'm on the latest scatter and eve...and kopernicus if that matters...

Hope that helps some people out since it sounds like they're encountering a similar issue.

9 hours ago, Philaphlous said:

Tried that and still have the same issue... Seems like I'm getting overlaying textures on the ground too...scatter bug? Every once and awhile when I switch screens KSC will be flooded...partially or completely...lol realistic! haha

By Day:

28074433989_1a5af9a3cf_b.jpg

By Night:

25980364158_0f86ee5842_b.jpg

Electron rocket:

28074433019_6187e2841d_b.jpg

Mod Folder:

25980414608_67b4fd0ec2_b.jpg

I'm thinking its more EVE or Scatter with the bugs... I'm on the latest scatter and eve...and kopernicus if that matters...

Hope that helps some people out since it sounds like they're encountering a similar issue.

Everything looks right in your screenshots. City lights have always looked like that in RSS and RVE for years. The yellow “overlay” simulates lights. City lights were not developed to look good from the surface. So don’t expect them to. They are meant to look realistic in space and in space only. 

The flooding is a well known scatterer bug.

Looks like you aren’t having any issues. 

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Everything looks right in your screenshots. City lights have always looked like that in RSS and RVE for years. The yellow “overlay” simulates lights. City lights were not developed to look good from the surface. So don’t expect them to. They are meant to look realistic in space and in space only. 

The flooding is a well known scatterer bug.

Looks like you aren’t having any issues. 

Hrm, I might just nuke City Lights.  I'll just pretend Kerbals have extremely strict light pollution laws.

• 3 weeks later...